Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview - PME in Primary Teaching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

Guys what’s all this talk about finding schools for placement??? I never got anything from Hibernia to tell me to start doing this or the requirements etc..I know we have to do it soon but I presumed we would be given info at the induction-am I missing an email or something????!!!!! ekkkkkkkk

I will set up a FB page if ye want but need a few volunteers to be admins too-PM me if ye will do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Mo Chuisle wrote: »
    Guys what’s all this talk about finding schools for placement??? I never got anything from Hibernia to tell me to start doing this or the requirements etc..I know we have to do it soon but I presumed we would be given info at the induction-am I missing an email or something????!!!!! ekkkkkkkk

I will set up a FB page if ye want but need a few volunteers to be admins too-PM me if ye will do it :)

Mo Chuisle I only know about placement as my friend who is already in Hibernia told me to start looking. I think I'm just going to wait until the induction as things might have changed. So don't stress :eek::eek:

Thanks stew.z.ger-panic over , I suppose the early bird and all that ;)

I knew the Gaeltact was going to be expensive but €425 :(

Ok Ill post up the link when the FB page is started-be nice to see who we have been talking to for so long ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sonshine

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread but just had a read back, congrats to you all for getting in (I'm so jealous!!!)
    I'm so confused.....my interview isn't until Tuesday week?? The 26th aug, I applied back in July and I'm so worried that I'm on some kind of overflow or something? I haven't heard of anyone having a date as late as that!! I interviewed back in March for the April cohort but didn't get through due to my Irish :-( have worked really hard at it since so I'm crossing my fingers and toes it works out this time :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Have any of you ladies or men thought about the Gaeltacht yet?

I'm not applying until next year but I'm a single mother and I'm wondering what I'll do when I have to spend two weeks in the Gaeltacht!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Can I join the fb as a prospective student?

loubian wrote: »
    Have any of you ladies or men thought about the Gaeltacht yet?

I'm not applying until next year but I'm a single mother and I'm wondering what I'll do when I have to spend two weeks in the Gaeltacht!

I'm a mammy too, there are family housing areas down there as far as I know, a friend of mine in Hibernia at the mo told me about them. She's going into her 2nd yr now. I can't bring myself to think that far ahead just yet though.....too nervous about this interview yet :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

stew, same as working in year 2 doesnt look possible. hopefully we will just sail into teaching jobs. I hope we will be able to sign on as very mature students aswell. otherwise the house will be getting repossessed!

mo chuisle I just rang them as I will be giving my baby to mam r martys mam who live in than area so it will be handiest for me. Also im thinking long term to make a good impression for future job prospects which may arise.

oh Facebook, deleted my account ageees ago! il have to set up another otherwise il have no college buddies :(:(

gaeltacht! WTF! do we get dinner with that?? haha! hope it will be a bit cheaper as we have only 2 weeks. I shall b leaving two small kiddies for 2weeks. it will be so hard but their futures will benefit immensely! I think that's what gives me the drive. a job that we adore and is so family friendly too.

Anyone know of anyone with an interview as late as mine?! :-/

• Advertisement

Haven't heard of anyone still doing interviews Sonshine...dont worry though, i have heard of loads who haven't got a yes or no yet. You will be fine and BEST OF LUCK. You will have a week before we start to get your forms etc into the college..

Mares88, get your FB page up and running.. ;)

Haven't heard of anyone still doing interviews Sonshine...dont worry though, i have heard of loads who haven't got a yes or no yet. You will be fine and BEST OF LUCK. You will have a week before we start to get your forms etc into the college..

Mares88, get your FB page up and running.. ;)

Aw thanks mo chuisle that made me feel a bit better!! Heading to Connemara this wknd to try cram in a last bit of Irish! Let's hope it works :-)

Sonshine wrote: »
    Aw thanks mo chuisle that made me feel a bit better!! Heading to Connemara this wknd to try cram in a last bit of Irish! Let's hope it works :-)

wow fair play to you sonshine! the very best of luck in your interview :):):)

Mares88 wrote: »
    wow fair play to you sonshine! the very best of luck in your interview :):):)

Ah it has to be done! I applied to Froebel last dec. and failed the Irish :-O so when I didn't get through to Hibernia because of the Irish again I have to do as much as possible! Thanks for the good luck wishes guys I'll let you know how I get on either way! :-/

Sonshine wrote: »
    Ah it has to be done! I applied to Froebel last dec. and failed the Irish :-O so when I didn't get through to Hibernia because of the Irish again I have to do as much as possible! Thanks for the good luck wishes guys I'll let you know how I get on either way! :-/

Best of luck Sonshine. Fingers crossed we will see you on the 6th for induction

How funny is it going to be at induction... I will be asking, "Are you Mares88 or Mo Chuisle or Howyaaaaa...?" Baaahhhaaa.. People will think I've lost my marbles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 addictedtomusic

Best of luck Sonshine! Just keep calm and take a couple of seconds to think about your verb and tense! Throw in the odd extra like Cinnte or I m'thuairimse if you think of them...to add to your fluency! Easier said than done I know!!

Also don't be thrown by odd questions....for my interview, the conversation flowed quite well but there were two spots where very random questions were just thrown in! I asked her to repeat them as I was sure I had misheard.....it turned out that I hadn't!!

Has anyone received a schedule for the induction day? A start time and end time even??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tiffanys

Hi All, just found this feed. I was accepted for the course too in August and got the LC results too! I'm very excited about starting the course. Congrats to everyone else. I'm living in Dublin.

Ok so I dunno what is going on with the FB page-kinda looks like I can only add people who are on my friend list!!!!! But I can invite everyone to join if you PM me you email address (there has to be an easier way)...anyway PM me if you wanna join..

OMG i dunno what I have done-it seems no one can find the group!!!!!!!! Any suggestions???? There is one member who I am already friends with and i was simply able to add her and my husband can search his account and find it, I think there is some function that i can only add my 'friends' any suggestions??? I have changed the group to public-should I set up a page instead of a group-confused.com

• Advertisement

OMG i dunno what I have done-it seems no one can find the group!!!!!!!! Any suggestions???? There is one member who I am already friends with and i was simply able to add her and my husband can search his account and find it, I think there is some function that i can only add my 'friends' any suggestions??? I have changed the group to public-should I set up a page instead of a group-confused.com

I was wondering as I couldn't find you.. how about we look for your name n do it that way?? Could you find me on FB from my name / email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shinareeta

Hi sonshine,

I'm in the same boat as you! Have my interview tomorrow evening (26th)! I applied back before the original deadline but was too sitting the LC Irish and was also away for 3 weeks in July! What time you in at tomorrow? I wonder when we will hear back because the induction is fairly soon!
    Have you all applied for bank loans for the fees?
    Does anyone know when the first placement block will be?

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    I was wondering as I couldn't find you.. how about we look for your name n do it that way?? Could you find me on FB from my name / email address?

I can barely use facebook!! its ages since iv been on it and had to set up a brand new account as I havent told work im doing course!!!

shinareeta wrote: »
    Hi sonshine,

I'm in the same boat as you! Have my interview tomorrow evening (26th)! I applied back before the original deadline but was too sitting the LC Irish and was also away for 3 weeks in July! What time you in at tomorrow? I wonder when we will hear back because the induction is fairly soon!
    Have you all applied for bank loans for the fees?
    Does anyone know when the first placement block will be?

hey shinareeta!

I got a credit union loan. havent a clue how im gonna pay it! had some savings so gonna try get the bulk paid whilst im working for d 1st year.
    I think the 1st placement block is may june 2015. im due a baby in feb so i had to make sure it wasnt too soon before I paid d money.
    does anyone know do we have an online induction next week? I read somewhere there was something on the 1st!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shinareeta

Hey Mares88, Yeah I'm hoping the cred union will allow me that much of a loan :/ Otherwise it'll be begging the bank!! I'm working full-time at the mo so hopefully will get a good chunk paid off while I can keep working! If placements start in May then I can work right up til then. Won't be easy but has to be doable if so many people get through it bwteen full time jobs and kids etc!

shinareeta wrote: »
    Hey Mares88, Yeah I'm hoping the cred union will allow me that much of a loan :/ Otherwise it'll be begging the bank!! I'm working full-time at the mo so hopefully will get a good chunk paid off while I can keep working! If placements start in May then I can work right up til then. Won't be easy but has to be doable if so many people get through it bwteen full time jobs and kids etc!

Yep, we sure will get through it. Its just probably going to be the hardest couple of years!
    Id say it will be enjoyable because nobody does it for the sake of it, its exactly what you want to do.
    Best of luck with the interview. Hope to see you in sept :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sheilamurray

Hi I'm new to this thread! Does anyone know what the story is for the online induction on the 1st? I'm sure we'll get an email about it but has anyone heard anything?

hey shinareeta!

I got a credit union loan. havent a clue how im gonna pay it! had some savings so gonna try get the bulk paid whilst im working for d 1st year.
    I think the 1st placement block is may june 2015. im due a baby in feb so i had to make sure it wasnt too soon before I paid d money.
    does anyone know do we have an online induction next week? I read somewhere there was something on the 1st!

I did read somewhere about something being on, on the 1st. I thought it was to introduce us to the whole webinars and to tell us about the 6th.. I am probably wrong. We have two weeks of observation in Nov/Dec this year. I bought my headset and microphone - very trendy I must say!!

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    I did read somewhere about something being on, on the 1st. I thought it was to introduce us to the whole webinars and to tell us about the 6th.. I am probably wrong. We have two weeks of observation in Nov/Dec this year. I bought my headset and microphone - very trendy I must say!!

stew, think its just the one before xmas now and then six in may/june. thats what she told me when I rang with all my issues!!

Where did you purchase these? Will we need them to speak back? Were they expensive? Feel like the course is going to cost me a small fortune!!
    I hope we have something on the 1st! I just wanna get started!

• Advertisement

stew, think its just the one before xmas now and then six in may/june. thats what she told me when I rang with all my issues!!

Where did you purchase these? Will we need them to speak back? Were they expensive? Feel like the course is going to cost me a small fortune!!
    I hope we have something on the 1st! I just wanna get started!

I bought mine on amazon.. there are some on there ranging from £5 up. Mine I think cost £14. look on ebay and donedeal.. make sure to look at what connections will suit your laptop. I know, its all money :eek:

Advertisement