Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Many other forums have a thread, like this one, for members to sell or swap items to each other. Most of these thread titles include the word "wanted". Wibbs maybe add it here too?

Anyway wanted a Rolex Yacht master 40 in blue, reference 116622. If anyone has one for sale or knows of one for sale or even just owns one that I could try on for a minute (willing to travel nationwide), please let me know!

rolex_5679556.jpg

I would prefer a watch in very good condition and a complete set with box and papers, but I would consider any condition. Try me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

unkel wrote: »
    Many other forums have a thread, like this one, for members to sell or swap items to each other. Most of these thread titles include the word "wanted". Wibbs maybe add it here too?

Anyway wanted a Rolex Yacht master 40 in blue, reference 116622. If anyone has one for sale or knows of one for sale or even just owns one that I could try on for a minute (willing to travel nationwide), please let me know!

I would prefer a watch in very good condition and a complete set with box and papers, but I would consider any condition. Try me.

I didn't think this illness would ever progress to stage four but goddamn.. that picture :eek:

Best of luck hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

david wrote: »
    I didn't think this illness would ever progress to stage four but goddamn.. that picture :eek:

I've already started saving for the yacht too :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

893bet wrote: »
      Aqua Terra on hold.

PO still available.

AT sold

PO still available at bargain price. Likely to disappear to a dealer and have at least 700 added on price wise.

1. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Annnnd Done. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Selling two pieces, Orient Bambino and Seiko SRP775 with ceramic/sapphire mods.

Very reluctant sale on the turtle so priced very high on Adverts. Obviously a hefty discount to keep it in the family here (with the provision the new owner gives me a first refusal buy back clause if flipped) :P

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-turtle-srp775-ceramic-sapphire-upgrades/21551082

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/orient-bambino-version-4/21551205

4. Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

The seiko diver photos while very stylish look a bit dark? Hard to see the watch properly.

5. Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Very reluctant sale on the turtle so priced very high on Adverts. Obviously a hefty discount to keep it in the family here (with the provision the new owner gives me a first refusal buy back clause if flipped) :P

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-turtle-srp775-ceramic-sapphire-upgrades/21551082

The photos are amazing of that turtle.

6. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

The seiko diver photos while very stylish look a bit dark? Hard to see the watch properly.

The text is surprisingly dark much darker than stock imagery, like a deep ocre. The bezel text being much more yellow. Here's a pic in the wild before any mods, pretty much direct sun. That nato can be thrown.

514203.jpg

7. Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

AT sold

PO still available at bargain price. Likely to disappear to a dealer and have at least 700 added on price wise.

PO now sold n also

Omega strap and deployant sold

Omega clasp sold.

All that’s left is the blue nato with grey trim. The last piece of Omega in my life!

B7064-E8-F-BE42-4-F1-B-B283-B8-FFBE3-A7-B1-B.jpg

3-F402375-6860-4-EFA-8-BF6-61-FD6080-C80-C.jpg

1. Advertisement
      2. Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The last piece of Omega in my life!

Onwards and upwards :)

3. Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

Onwards and upwards :)

And potentially sideways and backward next month.

4. Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Haha tell me about it. I don't think I'll ever stop buying Seiko divers. Just liking them too much

5. Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Haha tell me about it. I don't think I'll ever stop buying Seiko divers. Just liking them too much

We all love em...just not enough to keep em....:D:D:D:D

6. Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Too true. I've had 3 blue turtles, one of them yours. Sold them all, but I'm eyeing up another one as we speak :D

Countless other ones, the only affordable one of recent vintage that I haven't owned is the samurai I think

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

but I'm eyeing up another one as we speak :D

Break the cycle dude :D:D:D

8. Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's hard, they're great watches. My current orange turtle gets the most wrist time and I no longer own any blue watch at all!

9. Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Lurker more than a poster here usually...... watch envy is high :D

I've got too many watches sitting about not being worn so I'm looking to pass at least these two on as I only wear my Tag Heuer link and my daily (was a Garmin Fenix 5xPlus but now a Withings Scanwatch).

I got both of these while working in Japan back in 2011 & 2013.
        First is my Casio G-Shock GW3000BD which cost me ~¥49000 iirc, was around €380/390 then I think.
        This thing was a work horse, I'm an engineer working on machines constantly so there is nothing that hasn't happened to this watch and it stood up to it all.
        The bracelet is worn back to silver on a good few links where it got most contact, and the watch itself has plenty of worn marks but had held up very well imho.
        I've got all the original documentation and box with it.
        I'm looking for around €200 but in fairness I'd rather it be used and worn so any decent offer from in here might do it.

IMG-20200916-084421.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084508.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084527.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084600.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084544.jpg

The next one is also from when I was in Japan, it's a Seiko Automatic Presage 4r39-00b0. This watch was more my going out watch so it's not got a lot of scratches bar the expected on the bracelet. Again it comes with all the original documentation, box(es) and the extra links.
        This one cost me a bit more than the Casio, iirc it was around €450/500 I think.
        Again it's a lovely watch that really should be worn rather than sitting on its stand by my bed, I guess I'd take €300 for it but any fair offer might do.

IMG-20200916-083837.jpg
        IMG-20200916-083919.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084038.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084153.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084202.jpg
        IMG-20200916-084104.jpg

10. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Seiko Turtle sold and Orient on hold.

Added a few bits and bobs today:

Nomos 20mm in Brown
        Goldish green Nato 22mm
        Burgundy-ish Marine Nationale 22mm

The following straps are free to a good home.

The brown leather is 20mm and wears quite large (I'm 7" on the last hole), no second keeper. Used to belong to 893bet (sound for including with the Stowa, not to my taste, passing on the Karma).

Random junk bracelet in 22mm, max 6.5 ish wrist - suit a kid maybe.
        Yellow/Black fossil nato 22mm.

526629.jpg

11. Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

id take the brown strap if its still available? Was originally mine...

Cheers,
        Mick

12. Advertisement
      13. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Sure thing Mick send us your address on a pm and I’ll post it today!

14. Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

No keeper? I will check the watch box when I get home as I should have it.

15. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

If anyone has redundant SKX mod parts I'd happily take a 7S36 with dial, hands etc preferably and a stock hardlex (scratch free)

Have some bits and bobs I'd be willing to trade, details on request.

16. Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

No keeper? I will check the watch box when I get home as I should have it.

Not in my biscuit box I am afraid. Must have dropped it off the strap between taking it from the biscuit box and putting it with the Stowa. It’s not in the images on our whatapp david so definately lost on my end. That’s a few weeks ago so the hoover probably claimed it.

17. Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
        Pics of my Arnie.
        I think €330 including Irish shipping is fair? I mean I would ask higher on advert but let me know.
        I've fired a PM to Randomstuff to give him 1st refusal.
        If I get no takers here in a week or so, I'll put it up over on r/watchexchange.

There is a small scratch on the crystal at @11 position that I have tried to show.
        Otherwise watch is a mint full set with warranty.
        Outer box, inner box, booklets,cloth and hangtag.

IMG-20200816-124111.jpg IMG-20200816-124117.jpg IMG-20200816-124817.jpg IMG-20200816-124832.jpg IMG-20200816-124917.jpg

This is still available to a local for €300 and I may even be open to a trade depending upon what's on offer.
        Its costing me nothing in my wardrobe but really is too nice a watch to be left as a box queen ;)

18. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Seiko Turtle sold and Orient on hold.

Added a few bits and bobs today:

Nomos 20mm in Brown
        Goldish green Nato 22mm
        Burgundy-ish Marine Nationale 22mm

The following straps are free to a good home.

The brown leather is 20mm and wears quite large (I'm 7" on the last hole), no second keeper. Used to belong to 893bet (sound for including with the Stowa, not to my taste, passing on the Karma).

Random junk bracelet in 22mm, max 6.5 ish wrist - suit a kid maybe.
        Yellow/Black fossil nato 22mm.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=526629&stc=1&d=1600363171

Everything sold bar the Orient bambino. Still have the fossil Nato and jangly bracelet free and posted to a good home.

Anyone looking for a black Crafter Blue? Have one in standard length with loads of warranty left. Fitted ends and spring bars for SKX/5 sports. 9.9 condition with all packaging, both keepers (minimal desk dive marks). Still smells of vanilla :p
        Just waiting on a bracelet to arrive before sale.

19. Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

Everything sold bar the Orient bambino. Still have the fossil Nato and jangly bracelet free and posted to a good home.

Anyone looking for a black Crafter Blue? Have one in standard length with loads of warranty left. Fitted ends and spring bars for SKX/5 sports. 9.9 condition with all packaging, both keepers (minimal desk dive marks). Still smells of vanilla :p
        Just waiting on a bracelet to arrive before sale.
        Hi David I'll pm you re the crafter blue

20. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Anyone have a save the ocean turtle they'd let go of?

21. Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Anyone have a save the ocean turtle they'd let go of?

Ive one of these im not really wearing

https://timeandtidewatches.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Seiko-Prospex-SSC675P1-hero-845x550@2x.jpg

22. Advertisement
      23. Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

aidankkk wrote: »
        Thanks that's a nice watch! Specifically want a turtle though preference blue colour. STO/SRP773/Blue lagoon/PADI etc.

Advertisement