Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭fat bloke

aidankkk wrote: »

Love them. Used to have one and gifted it to a mate going through chemo.

What would you let it go for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

david wrote: »
    Thanks that's a nice watch! Specifically want a turtle though preference blue colour. STO/SRP773/Blue lagoon/PADI etc.

I have the King turtle version, if you are anyway hard on watches the ceramic bezel is a big + but the cyclops isn't for everyone. Not selling it......yet.

Found this one but the misalignment on some of these is awful.

https://ie-inventoryadjusters.glopalstore.com/seiko-prospex-save-the-oceans-special-edition-mens-automatic-watch-srpd21/?wi_marker=wim_ie_0ee186cc6d6e4c659900565601845f3c8c2c7aaf&CATARGETID=330001000000103646&CADevice=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqH7BRDdARIsACTSAdvFl-yuu0ykeH3zWfj14MRiaDJ8VclOd338nwf2eQ15RWOLQyVENCQaAr_hEALw_wcB

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Hi, any minty Grand Seiko Quartz lying in a drawer that someone is looking to move on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

blue5000 wrote: »
    I have the King turtle version, if you are anyway hard on watches the ceramic bezel is a big + but the cyclops isn't for everyone. Not selling it......yet.

Found this one but the misalignment on some of these is awful.

https://ie-inventoryadjusters.glopalstore.com/seiko-prospex-save-the-oceans-special-edition-mens-automatic-watch-srpd21/?wi_marker=wim_ie_0ee186cc6d6e4c659900565601845f3c8c2c7aaf&CATARGETID=330001000000103646&CADevice=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqH7BRDdARIsACTSAdvFl-yuu0ykeH3zWfj14MRiaDJ8VclOd338nwf2eQ15RWOLQyVENCQaAr_hEALw_wcB

That's decent value - I don't know if I trust that website though? It says light blemishes on the bezel. If it's the tiny dots at 4, 10 & 11 I could maybe live with it. Bezel alignment doesn't bother me at all so long as the chapter ring is straight. I've got lucky with all my Seikos so far but I've no issue popping it off and realigning if needed. Any issues that would compromise WR are a different story.

I was looking at the king turtle alright, how do you find the more defined bezel and vintage patina style lume? Any pictures?

I'd probably swap the sapphire, not sure I'd live with a cyclops. The videos of people hacking them with a blowtorch/chisel give me serious anxiety. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's good value, but you will have to add in shipping costs + VAT + customs clearance. Then it's no longer such good value. Nice watch though. I do like my turtles :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Just putting this here. A couple of Seikos that aren't being worn at all. Many watchers no offers. Too expensive?

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-5-sports-automatic-watch-srpb27/20791682

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-snzg15j1/20791669

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Just putting this here. A couple of Seikos that aren't being worn at all. Many watchers no offers. Too expensive?

From my experience, with many watchers no offers it usually indicates that people are waiting for you to lower the price (fairly or unfairly they are only interested at a lower price).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The first is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks will try to put up better pics and hold out a little longer. Pics aren't great admittedly especially on number 2.

Reluctant to lower price especially on number 1. Paid a little more for it and haven't worn it at all. Maybe I paid too much but I can hold out a little longer. Discontineud model is unlikely to depreciate further, no?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Selling my Bulova Moon

Took it as a trade and have never actually worn it.

It’s a cracking watch and deserves to be worn.

Am looking for €240 , including registered post.

PayPal nett to me

Any questions, fire away.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Selling my Bulova Moon

Took it as a trade and have never actually worn it.

It’s a cracking watch and deserves to be worn.

Am looking for €240 , including registered post.

PayPal nett to me

Any questions, fire away.

Shutup was in the market for one of these. I've sent him a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Shutup was in the market for one of these. I've sent him a text.

Cool, thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

david wrote: »
    Thanks that's a nice watch! Specifically want a turtle though preference blue colour. STO/SRP773/Blue lagoon/PADI etc.

https://amjwatches.co.uk/seiko-prospex-srpd11k1.html

This is on sale

aidankkk wrote: »

Any more detail? I posted above and sent you a pm about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

fat bloke wrote: »
    Any more detail? I posted above and sent you a pm about it.

I took that post to mean that it was on sale via the link provided?
    Not that Aidan was selling one?

Ah right, sorry. He had said earlier he had one which he wasn't wearing much. An oft-prelude to a sale.

No worries.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Ah right, sorry. He had said earlier he had one which he wasn't wearing much. An oft-prelude to a sale.

No worries.

I sent ya a pm on that, i hadn't seen it earlier:o

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I'm considering a Breitling Exospace B55 with the Blue hands. If any members are moving one on I'd appreciate a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

markad1 wrote: »
    I'm considering a Breitling Exospace B55 with the Blue hands. If any members are moving one on I'd appreciate a look.

You know something I really like them too, good luck with hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I don't have one, but I do have a soft spot for Breitling.

If I was to purchase, it would either be a proper old style Navitimer, or a completely modern Aerospace/Exospace.

The B55 is a monster! As much as I like Omega, and the heritage, I think the B55 is a nicer piece than a Z-33.

Good luck with the hunt and be sure to post plenty of pics and detailed impressions when you acquire.

• Advertisement

My Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro Chrono (ETA 7750 Valjoux automatic) is up for sale

Linky

Discount for anyone in here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That didn't last long, Unkel! Didn't bond with it / have an eye on something else?

It's a beauty, but the silver letters on the black dial are not the most legible for my eyes, which are no longer the youngest :o

Very comfortable to wear though, despite its size and its weight. I'd say the 23mm lug width helps a lot there. And of course the leather strap. Makes you wonder why not more bigger and / or heavier watches are 23mm or even 24mm

I have generally found 20mm on a 40-42mm sports watch / diver too narrow before too. If you wear them on a nato or rubber, you could oversize by a mm, I did that with my Seamaster, which helped a bit. I had already decided to only buy Seiko divers again if they are 22mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    I don't have one, but I do have a soft spot for Breitling.

If I was to purchase, it would either be a proper old style Navitimer, or a completely modern Aerospace/Exospace.

The B55 is a monster! As much as I like Omega, and the heritage, I think the B55 is a nicer piece than a Z-33.

Good luck with the hunt and be sure to post plenty of pics and detailed impressions when you acquire.

Another B55 fanboy here. I saw the one on the blue strap but it was outside my price range. I have read comments about the bluetooth and syncing with the phone have been problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Another B55 fanboy here. I saw the one on the blue strap but it was outside my price range. I have read comments about the bluetooth and syncing with the phone have been problematic.

I was between the titanium and the night mission with the blue strap which I think looks very well. The night mission doesn't look like it ages well from some pictures I've seen on pre owned ones.

The hunt is on :) luckily I'm not in any hurry and can wait till a good deal comes up......fingers crossed :o

I was between the titanium and the night mission with the blue strap which I think looks very well. The night mission doesn't look like it ages well from some pictures I've seen on pre owned ones.

The hunt is on :) luckily I'm not in any hurry and can wait till a good deal comes up......fingers crossed :o

I suppose its what you want from the watch. I just put my Superocean II back on this morning having been wearing a Sea Avenger for the past month and it feels like a brand new watch. As I said in a different thread the purpose behind me wearing these watches is that I have something to leave the kids when I am gone. So it tells the time and has a date, thats it! If you go down the road of an exospace who's to say that Breitling will say they can no longer service them in 20/30 years. Something to think about before your next purchase.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Clearing out my watch drawer, never wore this one. Discount for boardsies :)http://www.adverts.ie/21732092

I suppose its what you want from the watch. I just put my Superocean II back on this morning having been wearing a Sea Avenger for the past month and it feels like a brand new watch. As I said in a different thread the purpose behind me wearing these watches is that I have something to leave the kids when I am gone. So it tells the time and has a date, thats it! If you go down the road of an exospace who's to say that Breitling will say they can no longer service them in 20/30 years. Something to think about before your next purchase.

As a side note, would you consider the new Endurance Pro. I have seen prices around the 2500-3000 mark. Big birthday in a couple of years and that will be on the pressie list!

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/stowa-marine/21413987

I have put this Stowa back for sale. Discount for forum.

Perfect condition, all boxes papers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Been looking to get a German tool/dive watch to complete my all purpose 2 watch German collection. In or around 40-41mm, 12mm thick odd. The Sinn 104 is calling out to me. Any bargains, forum offers or opinions let me know.

Advertisement