Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The 104 with a white face is lovely. Although a bit taller than 12m, the Stowa Seatime is a nice looking piece too. A Damasko could be an option too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Somewhat reluctant, but we've some work we'd like to get done around the house - and hopefully I'll replace it with a submersible at a later date.

Here is my PAM 111. It comes triple boxed (rip on the outer cardboard box), with 2 original Panerai straps (the black one is quite worn) and 4 after market ones: 2 leather, one denim and 1 rubber (branded but fake). Overall in good condition - the usual marks.

As you can see, this has the display back and sandwich dial. I think this dial is a lot better than the "sausage dials" where the numbers and markers are painted on.

I'd like to get 3,700 for this, and if it helps, I'd consider something up to 1K or so in trade. I haven't seen many full sets in the EU below 4K.

I had it named on my household policy, so can provide the professional valuation doc for it too (although it's valued way higher, because it was the price to replace with a new PAM).

50166545442_0b93d68a00_c.jpg

49171059857_7b4bb72db3_c.jpg

49772416173_dc634f36ed_c.jpg

12883727i_xxl_v1573219526813.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

david wrote: »
    Been looking to get a German tool/dive watch to complete my all purpose 2 watch German collection. In or around 40-41mm, 12mm thick odd. The Sinn 104 is calling out to me. Any bargains, forum offers or opinions let me know.

Have a look at damasko. Mine has stood up well to a hard life on the farm for 5 years. Mine's a DA 44 but I've no experience of their divers. Their tool watches are good to 100m at least.

528445.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Hi all,

I have my Nomos Orion 38 Datum for sale, I bought it second hand a few months and have only worn it 2-3 times. I find Im wearing my Seiko Padi 90% of the time.

It is unmarked and still in its original case.

Its up for 1,300 on adverts but Id be happy with €1,150 from a boardsie,

Hope everyone is all good!

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/nomos-orion-38-datum/21765942

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Love Nomos
    Unfortunately I cant pounce in the current climate... GLWS, lovely watch for someone out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭893bet

Lovely . Are those hands blued?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

TedR wrote: »
    Love Nomos
    Unfortunately I cant pounce in the current climate... GLWS, lovely watch for someone out there

Thanks man! Hopefully that changes :D

893bet wrote: »

Yeah they are a dark blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Any interest?

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

CosmicJay wrote: »
    Thanks man! Hopefully that changes :D

Yeah they are a dark blue.

He's asking if they're tempered, which they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

unkel wrote: »
    Any interest?

Linky

I don't know if its just me?
    But!
    There seems to be a dearth of buyers at the moment in the mid-range.
    I hope its just something that's affecting me, but I had my Arnie up at a very competitive price IMO and turned down an offer in the hope of a little higher, but not a sniff since.

GLWS tho, its a lovely watch and Hamilton are rock solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

banie01 wrote: »
    I don't know if its just me?
    But!
    There seems to be a dearth of buyers at the moment in the mid-range.
    I hope its just something that's affecting me, but I had my Arnie up at a very competitive price IMO and turned down an offer in the hope of a little higher, but not a sniff since.

GLWS tho, its a lovely watch and Hamilton are rock solid.

Depends on the watch really, surprised your Arnie isn't gone, you had it priced fairly well....a buyer always comes along at some point, patience is the key and generally a virtue lacking in us watch collectors.

893bet wrote: »

Are you already on the hunt for replacing the one you sold? :D

Nah I am trying to get off the flipping carousels. Have my eye on a dark side/ Grey side of the moon and holding out for one to turn up.

Fitz II wrote: »
    Nah I am trying to get off the flipping carousels. Have my eye on a dark side/ Grey side of the moon and holding out for one to turn up.

keep an eye on Reddit, I have seen a couple there over the past 3/4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

go dark side,

i have had the grey side and the dark side pitch black.

if i was going again id go std dark side (pitchblack has the lumed bezel which is nice but the dial is matt v the shiney one on the og dark side which to my eye is nicer) or the sedna gold mix one which is lovely,

grey side is a bit...grey :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭893bet

A little sorry I sold the Nomos I will admit, would like to another one.

Cyrus wrote: »
    go dark side,

if i was going again id go std dark side (pitchblack has the lumed bezel which is nice but the dial is matt v the shiney one on the og dark side which to my eye is nicer) or the sedna gold mix one which is lovely,

I have a Apollo 8 in my sights...what are your thoughts on it??? Appreciate input

Omega_Speedmaster_Professional_Apollo_8_DSOTM_Front_NY_2018.jpg

I have a Apollo 8 in my sights...what are your thoughts on it??? Appreciate input

the seller is a gent (bought my AP from him) if you are lookiing at the one on tz-uk.

its cool, handwound so its not as thick as the autos (which to be honest are probably a smidge too thick)

personally id prefer a plain black strap without the yellow but thats just me.

this is the black sedna also worth a look

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-omega-co-axial-chronograph-44-25-mm-31163445106001

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Busy as a bee:D Looks ok with all the hands pointing straight up and the time set as it is, try to imagine reading the time at 25 to 7 with the chrono running. Just MHO, if you like it go for it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

I don't think you've anything sporty / funky left in your collection, so would be a good addition!

I need to sell some of my watches though, I've yet another one incoming :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

unkel wrote: »
    I don't think you've anything sporty / funky left in your collection, so would be a good addition!

I need to sell some of my watches though, I've yet another one incoming :eek:

Not the Yachtmaster is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Omega_Speedmaster_Professional_Apollo_8_DSOTM_Front_NY_2018.jpg

Lovely, only comment would be to chose your watchmaker carefully. With those visible screws they need to be minded during a service! But will you keep it that long?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Not the Yachtmaster is it?

No, I wish.

Not many of these coming up for sale. And I'm not prepared to pay anywhere near retail (€11,400) for one

And in normal circumstances I would be prepared to travel to pick one up, but we can't go abroad these days. Hell, I can't even leave Dublin with the current lockdown :p

Gavin1 wrote: »
    But will you keep it that long?
    Gavin, seem you know me well :D, after sleeping on it, I think I will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

go dark side,

I always fancied the grey, and still like it, but am looking at the Spitfire Chrono
    instead

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I always fancied the grey, and still like it, but am looking at the Spitfire Chrono
    instead

Mix the two

Iwc top gun !

Mix the two

Iwc top gun !

mmmm...

Mix the two

Iwc top gun !

The ceramic grey one!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

I'm going to be putting my Seiko SARX055 up on Ebay in a week or two.
    Immaculate condition, box, papers etc.
    Will be up on Ebay for around €1000 but will take an offer of €900 from anyone around here.
    Reason for sale? Just doesn't get worn since I got a pair of GS and a Union Glashutte.

SARX055.jpg

• Advertisement

The ceramic grey one!!! :eek:

also took a fancy to the SpeedMaster Mark II...liking some colour these days..blue or grey dial

Advertisement