Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ah now lads, you're being very harsh here. He has very good feed back on adverts.ie. I'd say he's no time waster and he's seriously interested in buying the watch. Probably just a young lad living at home who doesn't have a car. No harm in him asking if someone could deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

unkel wrote: »
    Ah now lads, you're being very harsh here. He has very good feed back on adverts.ie. I'd say he's no time waster and he's seriously interested in buying the watch. Probably just a young lad living at home who doesn't have a car. No harm in him asking if someone could deliver.

I'd have to agree here. The €350 offer is a good solid offer. I think your asking is a bit eager considering how close to retail it is. I'm not having a go at all, I took advice on here recently selling a Steinhart also. GLWS whatever you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

350 for a fast sale to a good feedback member is a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

2shea wrote: »
    What is that clowns deal?

My brother had the same thing with him with my steinhart an absolute head wrecker... Complete time waster, he was trying to get the watch cheaper after we had a supposed deal done AVOID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

On a side note, why are stienharts so heavily traded. I had one and sold it but would be interested to ask why others sell on theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭micks_address

On a side note, why are stienharts so heavily traded. I had one and sold it but would be interested to ask why others sell on theirs?

I sold mine to raise funds. To be honest and this sounds super snobbish but they are watches made from top movements, saphire crystal etc and based on classic designs from other makes. I've no issue with that but I prefer for instance my Seiko diver. I just like the heritage that makes who are around longer have...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

For me they were too big in general and there is a gap in the bracelet that is horrible as it meets the case. Could not look past it.

I would try a 39mm Ocean but my tastes have changed from divers entirely.

They trade really well. You can own for a while and flip it on without much loss in outlay. Loads of options in their line up too. I've owned 2 and wouldn't count out a 3rd at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

I really like them and the build quality is brilliant and for a long time it was the closest thing to what I really wanted without breaking the bank. Only sold mine to raise funds for the seamaster

Always liked them, almost bought one new about 7-8 years ago but it was actually outside my very limited budget at the time!

Then I came across a second hand Ocean One 41mm green for very little money. The watch is an homage to the Rolex "hulk" which was a very popular grail watch for a lot of people at the time. I never had a green watch, so I bought it. Loved the watch but it did not get much wrist time, no surprise as my daily watch was a Seamaster. I managed to somehow put a significant scratch on the bezel, but I still sold it for a little bit more than I paid for it.

The most tradeable of watches. Keeping their values well too. An itch that costs nothing to scratch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I'd have to agree here. The €350 offer is a good solid offer. I think your asking is a bit eager considering how close to retail it is. I'm not having a go at all, I took advice on here recently selling a Steinhart also. GLWS whatever you decide.

I think €50 off the price of a new one is a good price. I wore it maybe twice. I certainly didnt knock €100 of the value of it. Someone is viewing it Monday for almost my asking price so I'm happy.

2shea wrote: »
    I think €50 off the price of a new one is a good price. I wore it maybe twice. I certainly didnt knock €100 of the value of it. Someone is viewing it Monday for almost my asking price so I'm happy.

Good stuff, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Laco Bell X 1 on adverts for 250 euro. Seller has no feedback. Too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭micks_address

jh79 wrote: »
    Laco Bell X 1 on adverts for 250 euro. Seller has no feedback. Too good to be true?

It's 540 new?

A certain famous watch scammer, friend of this forum and many others, internet youtube star, and island castaway now lives in Carrick an Shannon and would have been born in or around 1976, his old adverts name Vostock Ireland stopped posting around the same time that user registered for adverts.

Nothing concrete, but a few coincidences. It doesnt look like his arm mind you, but I would be suspicious. He will read this so throw in an offer and see how he reacts. If it is who I suspect he will threaten me with violence in a few days or so on one of my ads the gob****e.

A certain famous watch scammer, friend of this forum and many others, internet youtube star, and island castaway now lives in Carrick an Shannon and would have been born in or around 1976, his old adverts name Vostock Ireland stopped posting around the same time that user registered for adverts.

Nothing concrete, but a few coincidences. It doesnt look like his arm mind you, but I would be suspicious. He will read this so throw in an offer and see how he reacts. If it is who I suspect he will threaten me with violence in a few days or so on one of my ads the gob****e.

Thought it was him alright that's why i posted. Everyone has a first ad on adverts at some stage but once i seen carrick76 i was wary.

Thanks, think i'll leave it. I'd be paranoid it was a fake or something if it was him.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

Thought it was him alright that's why i posted. Everyone has a first ad on adverts at some stage but once i seen carrick76 i was wary.

Thanks, think i'll leave it. I'd be paranoid it was a fake or something if it was him.

:)

Only seen this now. Just letting you know it's legit. I've had the same user name on boards for years. Had posted the sale in this thread on post 1837.
    I'm based in Galway. Bought a few years ago. Just don't wear the watch and this is my first time selling on adverts. Looks like I underpriced it :o.

If you want to PM I can give you more details to show its legitimate and I'm not the guy you have in mind.

carrick76 wrote: »

Only seen this now. Just letting you know it's legit. I've had the same user name on boards for years. Had posted the sale in this thread on post 1837.
    I'm based in Galway. Bought a few years ago. Just don't wear the watch and this is my first time selling on adverts. Looks like I underpriced it :o.

If you want to PM I can give you more details to show its legitimate and I'm not the guy you have in mind.

If the above is verifiable as it appears to be then that's a little lesson to us all. If we make assumptions we better be right in future.

That crafty divil McAnus has us all twitchy :)

Ok....so no threats of violence, no angry ranting, no lies about being a millionaire no use of any of the code words...alpha male, lemonade money, piece, Victor steinhart, excrement, fliplock, no date sub, luminova or the others. I am inclined to believe you.

Just answer this one question honestly....what do you think of Ginault watches? :D:D:D

Selling my Isofrane strap. Bought it last year and used it with my Seamaster. Very funky colour!

Usual discount for regulars in here

DIVE-WATCH-BATHYSCAPHE-100-GMT-TURQUOISE-TURQUOISE.jpg

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

Ok....so no threats of violence, no angry ranting, no lies about being a millionaire no use of any of the code words...alpha male, lemonade money, piece, Victor steinhart, excrement, fliplock, no date sub, luminova or the others. I am inclined to believe you.

Just answer this one question honestly....what do you think of Ginault watches? :D:D:D

Never heard of them but I guess I'm missing a joke here.

Here's a post in another thread from when I got it first.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98310517

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

Open to trades on this one now. Forum members can also negotiate a healthy discount with me so don't be afraid to give me a shout. You'll be hard pressed to find another GMT with in house movement for close to this price.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/eterna-royal-kontiki-gmt/19812733

IMG-20200213-112027.jpg

IMG-20200213-112108.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Never heard of them but I guess I'm missing a joke here.

Here's a post in another thread from when I got it first.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98310517

Ya know what!
    [I'll do the asking on it delivered?

Open to trades on this one now. Forum members can also negotiate a healthy discount with me so don't be afraid to give me a shout. You'll be hard pressed to find another GMT with in house movement for close to this price.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/eterna-royal-kontiki-gmt/19812733

It's a beauty and GLWS.
    Your Hamilton, is the one that caught my eye tho!

I'd only end up calling it my Jizzmeister :pac:

I've lumped all my money at the Laco and even if the bid isn't accepted I think we'd be too far apart in what the Hamilton is worth and what I can afford :(

I hate this "hobby" sometimes" I need more money, and more wrists!

Sorry about that. When i saw your username the first thing that popped into my head was McManus watches guy. There was an expose of some of his antics in the Sunday World and he happens to be from Carrick on Shannon and born in 76.

Anyways, if it doesn't work out with Baine01 pm me.

banie01 wrote: »
    Ya know what!
    I'll do the asking on it delivered?

Jesus you're not doing him any favours ffs :)

Its established he's legit, he's under priced the watch and you nip it from another boardsies nose and have the balls to ask for delivery to be included?!

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Jesus you're not doing him any favours ffs :)

Its established he's legit, he's under priced the watch and you nip it from another boardsies nose and have the balls to ask for delivery to be included?!

He can always say no :)
    And take jh79s offer with the postage I suppose.

And my Longines Conquest up for sale too:

503818.jpg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

Did you manage to source your Rolex Unkel, or pick up something else in the meantime?

• Advertisement

Sorry about that. When i saw your username the first thing that popped into my head was McManus watches guy. There was an expose of some of his antics in the Sunday World and he happens to be from Carrick on Shannon and born in 76.

Anyways, if it doesn't work out with Baine01 pm me.

You know what JH79, I will withdraw my offer for this one and leave you a clear run at it.
    Good luck with the purchase buddy.

Advertisement