Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭893bet

https://www.stowa.de/en/Marine+Classik+40+arabic+white.htm

Got one of these for sale. It’s the manual wind version. Current retail 890+24 shipping.

Boards deal of 480 which is what I paid and a bargain at that IMO.

SV0LgH6.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi all

Got a new iPad Pro from work, so am moving on my older models

Both iPads have been in cases since I got them,both are 32GB WiFi only and wil come with the cases.

Both come with original boxes and unused cables and plugs.

Both have been reset and ready to go

1st is an IPad from 2017, it’s space grey , black bezel

2nd is an iPad Air from 2014, it’s silver and white bezel

Am looking for €175 for 1st one (nett to me)
    Am looking for €125 for 2nd (nett to me)

I can ship , would be about €15 each

Couple of pics..

More if needed

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I don't think that they are watches my friend. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,232 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't think that they are watches my friend. Sorry.

I beg to differ...

clock-app-weather-ipad.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sorted
    iArm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

He just needs a long straw for the coffee and he's sorted for the virus.:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Chaps,

I bought this from a fellow Boardsie many years ago. It's a really beautiful watch but I realised I haven't actually worn it all that much. I seem to stick to the same 5 or 6 watches so I'm moving it on. Am I being realistic with my pricing or am I off do you think?

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/getat-mechanical-watch/19986326

MWJmMWFlNTE4NTQ4MGY2NjQ5Y2QyMmRkNmM2NWVkODajcK6cN4T8Vp0M_YiV02SLaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYmNkM2RlZmFjM2MwNjZlNjQzMzE0Y2IxOTFlMGNjNTdmN2FiMmVjOThjMmI1Nzk4MzZkOTFkOWM3MTZkODY4OC5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4MzkzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Hey Chaps,

I bought this from a fellow Boardsie many years ago. It's a really beautiful watch but I realised I haven't actually worn it all that much. I seem to stick to the same 5 or 6 watches so I'm moving it on. Am I being realistic with my pricing or am I off do you think?

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/getat-mechanical-watch/19986326

MWJmMWFlNTE4NTQ4MGY2NjQ5Y2QyMmRkNmM2NWVkODajcK6cN4T8Vp0M_YiV02SLaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYmNkM2RlZmFjM2MwNjZlNjQzMzE0Y2IxOTFlMGNjNTdmN2FiMmVjOThjMmI1Nzk4MzZkOTFkOWM3MTZkODY4OC5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4MzkzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Many thanks.

Jazuz... I sold that to you.
    In relation to price I had it listed for €90 so probably sold it to you for €60-70 I imagine. Probably a bit steep at €100, I'd list for €80 and take €50-60 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Jazuz... I sold that to you.
    In relation to price I had it listed for €90 so probably sold it to you for €60-70 I imagine. Probably a bit steep at €100, I'd list for €80 and take €50-60 to be honest.

Thanks Chief. It was that long ago I couldn't remember, it was pre-child and not that long after we moved out to Balbriggan. A lovely watch but it gets so little wrist time :(

Folks, while I'm on the subject, what's a reasonable price to offer a Seiko Flightmaster SNA411 for? I'm not to sure whether to keep or sell it. I haven't word it in ages so can't really see the point in holding onto it. I have an SKX 009 but reckon I'll be holding onto that.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

thinking of shifting my steinhart ocean 1 vintage chrono white, not weraing it much and seen something nice i would like to try
    cost me about 680 so hoping to get that back.

On adverts if you want pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Screenshot-20200312-163719-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20200312-163307-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20200312-163339-Gallery.jpg

I think it's time to sell the Turtle it's not really getting any wrist time as the Sumo has become my go to dive piece.

JDM version bought in Tokyo May 2018.

This is the SBDY015 version. Not the SRP777 so Made in Japan on the dial.

Like new no marks or scratches €400 to fourm members

Link to where they are available online

https://www.seiyajapan.com/products/seiko-prospex-200m-diver-automatic-sbdy015-made-in-japan?_pos=7&_sid=f49e04f33&_ss=r

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    thinking of shifting my steinhart ocean 1 vintage chrono white, not weraing it much and seen something nice i would like to try
    cost me about 680 so hoping to get that back.

On adverts if you want pics

Pity.. you went through a lot to get that one

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Pity.. you went through a lot to get that one

I know, often the way with me, bored quick

I know, often the way with me steinhart, bored quick

It ain’t you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I know, often the way with me, bored quick

I am really interested in this Steinhart phenomenon. Guys buy em and sell em quick. They dont have a bad word to say about them, but its rare people keep them. Why do you think you wore it so little???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I am really interested in this Steinhart phenomenon. Guys buy em and sell em quick. They dont have a bad word to say about them, but its rare people keep them. Why do you think you wore it so little???

I think it’s because they are Rolex copies but aren’t Rolexes , I had a few a few years back and sold them as well

It’s a mental thing as they are well put together

Cyrus wrote: »
    I think it’s because they are Rolex copies but aren’t Rolexes , I had a few a few years back and sold them as well

Sush...the reverse snobs are around telling me to funk up or shut up :)

Sush...the reverse snobs are around telling me to funk up or shut up :)

Expert level.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I think it’s because they are Rolex copies but aren’t Rolexes ,

Yeah , I stopped wearing mine after someone caught a glimpse of it and asked me was it the new model submariner

Their main watches do seem to lack a certain identity. Bit that is what has built their brand. Good quality homages for good price.

• Advertisement

Sold now. Very weird doing a deal without a hand shake to say hello and again to close the deal. We managed an elbow bump.... strange times, stay safe all.

Price drop on this from original listing.
    Looking for €425 but deal to be had for a boardsie.

Hamilton Khaki field auto 40mm
    Aug 2019 in as new condition.
    Original Hamilton strap never worn.
    Looking for €545
    Comes with 2 additional straps.
    http://www.adverts.ie/19664658

• Registered Users Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a SINN H-Link bracelet that at the time, I had to have but is seeing zero time on the watch.

It's a comfortable bracelet, but it's only been on my U2 twice as I tend to prefer the silicone or the NATO.

Anyone here looking for one?
    I'd rather let it go to a boardsie than anyone/anywhere else.

Complete with box and loctite.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

So with a global recession on the cards how much of a hit do we think all the speculators will take on their GMT IIs, Hulks and other watches?

Edit: I meant to put this in the chit chat thread. Wibbs feel free to move it there needs be.

Time wrote: »
    So with a global recession on the cards how much of a hit do we think all the speculators will take on their GMT IIs, Hulks and other watches?

There are kermits on TZ for less than 11k..........knife is def falling. Gonna fall very hard I suspect.

If you bought at list then many will dump as quick as they can. If you over payed grey well prepare to take a bath.

There is going to be a lot of pain for a lot of people, from a health perspective, and financially.

Things are going to be put in perspective.

Agreed, they will always be worth list, but any appreciation may evaporate. I think the worst hit will be the batgirls, batmen, hulks and kermits.

I have hear whispers that some big dealers are holding literally 100's of these high demand watches. I also feel that the lack of supply has put people off, and the interest in these models has waned a lot.

Daytonas will hold better but they have to loose some money, they are priced insane.

The watch flippers are absolutely shagged, and good ridance they ruined the market for collectors.

Rolex have announced they are stopping all production of watches with immediate effect.

Rolex have announced they are stopping all production of watches with immediate effect.

Only for 10 days.....to start.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-closes-swiss-factories-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

Demand is gonna tank in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Would people reckon its risky to order something from the likes of Seiya Jpn or even German or British Chrono dealers at the minute? Could be v long delays with shipping etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭micks_address

Would people reckon its risky to order something from the likes of Seiya Jpn or even German or British Chrono dealers at the minute? Could be v long delays with shipping etc?

I'd imagine it could take longer for sure.

• Advertisement

Hard to predict tomorrow.

If it’s an expensive watch then the arse could potentially fall from the market in the next 3 months. I would wait.

Advertisement