Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,214 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

VW 1 wrote: »
    Did you manage to source your Rolex Unkel, or pick up something else in the meantime?

No Rolex yet! Trying to free up some more cash, picked up a cheap Turtle a few days ago so the Longines has to go. It has to be one of the classiest watches you can get for well under a grand though, I'm sure it will go to a good home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭893bet

unkel wrote: »
    No Rolex yet! Trying to free up some more cash, picked up a cheap Turtle a few days ago so the Longines has to go. It has to be one of the classiest watches you can get for well under a grand though, I'm sure it will go to a good home :)

There was a 114270 on tz today. Sold in a flash at 3995 gbp. No paperwork bar service papers from 2 years ago.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?467372-Explorer-114270

Madness. I'm only interested in the 214270 BTW. Think I'll avoid all those overpriced second hand models and the hassle / risk of buying online and just go on the waiting list at an AD for the far more desirable post 2015 model with the extra lume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭893bet

Madness. I'm only interested in the 214270 BTW. Think I'll avoid all those overpriced second hand models and the hassle / risk of buying online and just go on the waiting list at an AD for the far more desirable post 2015 model with the extra lume :)

What’s the euro RRP on that?

€6,250

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

The lizardskings Jazzmaster is seriously cheap...so close to putting an offer on it, surely somebody here will snap that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Has JH79 bought the Laco yet? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

The lizardskings Jazzmaster is seriously cheap...so close to putting an offer on it, surely somebody here will snap that up.

Sold now to a non boardsie! Surprised it didn't sell quicker to be honest.

The KonTiki I have up for sale is a bargain too if you fancy that?

It's the first Eterna I ever owned. Bought it blind but I was blown away by the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭jh79

banie01 wrote: »

Picking it up at the weekend all going well.

jh79 wrote: »
    Picking it up at the weekend all going well.

Well wear!
    :D

1st dibs if you ever let it go! :P

• Advertisement

I'm willing to let this go to a Boardsie for €1,100 for a quick sale. This is a bragain price for an auto GMT with in house movement. I guarantee you won't find one cheaper new or used anywhere.

Specs here, https://www.adverts.ie/sports/eterna-royal-kontiki-gmt/19812733

Screenshot-20200229-090442.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

I'm willing to let this go to a Boardsie for €1,100 for a quick sale. This is a bragain price for an auto GMT with in house movement. I guarantee you won't find one cheaper new or used anywhere.

Specs here, https://www.adverts.ie/sports/eterna-royal-kontiki-gmt/19812733

]

I'd be all over it only for my recent purchase... Lovey watch glws

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

banie01 wrote: »

Now sold to jh79!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

They only increased the 214270 by €100 where as the Submariners went up about €500?

I have a feeling something might change with the Explorer this year (well I'm hoping too, I'd like to see it reissued in 36mm)

When will we find out now with Basel World cancelled?

2shea wrote: »
    I have a feeling something might change with the Explorer this year (well I'm hoping too, I'd like to see it reissued in 36mm)

Not sure what. The obvious thing lacking was no lume on the numerals, which was sorted in 2015. I don't think 36mm will come back any time soon, it's too small for the current fashion trends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Not sure what. The obvious thing lacking was no lume on the numerals, which was sorted in 2015. I don't think 36mm will come back any time soon, it's too small for the current fashion trends :D

You're right, I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. A glide lock bracelet would be a nice upgrade from the easy link. Then it would be the ultimate Rolex:cool:

Side note: the lume on the Explorer is a bit of a let down. Bright for the first few minutes then fades very quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im sure you could fit a glidelock clasp if you were that way inclined

its longer than the easy link though

Tudor Heritage Chrono up for sale. Might be into a trade if you have something of similar value in excellent condition.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tudor-heritage-chrono/19948980

Screenshot-20200301-125232.jpg

Tudor Heritage Chrono up for sale. Might be into a trade if you have something of similar value in excellent condition.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tudor-heritage-chrono/19948980

You have some of the tastiest pieces.
    A really great eye TLK!
    GLWS.

Going over to the UK to buy a car next week, so I need to gather up all the cash I can :D

Anyone for my Isofrane strap or for my Longines?

My ads on adverts.ie

504736.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

What's the lug to lug on that Longines?

Case Shape Round
    Case Dimensions 43mm
    Case Thickness 11.5mm
    Case Material Stainless Steel
    Dial Color Black
    Crystal Scratch Resistant Sapphire
    Bezel Fixed
    Screw-in Crown Yes
    Water Resistance 300m/1000ft
    Case Back Solid
    Band Material Stainless Steel
    Color/Finish Brushed & Polished
    Clasp Push Button Folding Clasp
    Lug Width 22mm
    Movement Quartz

I found a video saying 50.8 mm lug to lug. Too large for me unfortunately.

It doesn't look large at all on my (small) wrist. You're more than welcome to come over to me in Lucan to see if you like the look of it on your wrist and if not then you just don't buy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Come on unkel what are you buying?

A Tesla :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Oh yeah....more info please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Well, at least it's automatic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

fat bloke wrote: »
    Well, at least it's automatic :)

Gee, I dunno. I'd say a Tesla is definitely a quartz. Hybrid, at best. ;)

Well wear, though.

Ludicrous mode, is fuuun!

• Advertisement

It doesn't look large at all on my (small) wrist. You're more than welcome to come over to me in Lucan to see if you like the look of it on your wrist and if not then you just don't buy it :)

I'll pass on it unfortunately. When I say I have a small wrist, I really mean small. 47mm is able as big as I can go.

Advertisement