Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Have eaten in the Botanic House 3 times now since it reopened. The first time I was fairly unimpressed but they hadn't sorted out their menu really. The subsequent 2 times have been very good.

I'm also delighted the Greek place is back open, it was closed for a month or more there.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

Have eaten in the Botanic House 3 times now since it reopened. The first time I was fairly unimpressed but they hadn't sorted out their menu really. The subsequent 2 times have been very good.

I'm also delighted the Greek place is back open, it was closed for a month or more there.

the Greek place has changed the menu since the reopening and some classic Greek dishes are no longer offered. seems it has gone more on the takeaway/delivery side than restaurant which is a pity. Still good option to have in the area though

Does any1 have some insight on that empty commercial/office space between Camille and the new Rua pizzeria.? Planning permission for some new yoga place appeared and vanished about 18 months ago or so. Just wondering why nobody does anything there as it would seem as an excellent location in terms of footfall and exposure...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Does any1 have some insight on that empty commercial/office space between Camille and the new Rua pizzeria.? Planning permission for some new yoga place appeared and vanished about 18 months ago or so. Just wondering why nobody does anything there as it would seem as an excellent location in terms of footfall and exposure...?!

That fell through AFAIK...
    I think that whole block could be levelled and a multi story block built there...apartments not student accom..

Whatever happened to the clock on the old bank at Doyle's corner? I think it was still there until a while back??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

Anyone got any details on that new pizza place near Camile?

rwald7 wrote:
    Anyone got any details on that new pizza place near Camile?

rua wood fired pizza..i think it's open...eat in take out...

Zipppy wrote: »
    rua wood fired pizza..i think it's open...eat in take out...

Was hoping that place to turn into a salad thing (i.e Chopped, Sprout) but wf pizza seems the trend of the moment in Dublin. Hopefully it’ll be decent...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Was hoping that place to turn into a salad thing (i.e Chopped, Sprout) but wf pizza seems the trend of the moment in Dublin. Hopefully it’ll be decent...

They have a website https://www.ruawfp.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

foodaholic wrote: »
    Food is Doyle’s is good
    They have a new sandwich bar as well

Agree about hedigans - gone downhill rapidly

Went in on a Sunday in Doyle's Corner a couple weeks ago for their 7 euro sandwich - got the brisket with blue cheese slaw and it was an almighty feast. Got a side of the soup as well and shared fries (3 each). 2 quid for a soft drink with it so I have to say the value was excellent but would ave even paid more for that monster of a sandwich.

• Advertisement

the Greek place has changed the menu since the reopening and some classic Greek dishes are no longer offered. seems it has gone more on the takeaway/delivery side than restaurant which is a pity. Still good option to have in the area though

Yeah they took out the whole hot counter that they had before which is a pity alright.

lorettas aka the old bank opens Thurs day ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I can't find any online presence from them, bar a few pictures on Facebook from the people who helped renovate the place.

De Bhál wrote: »
    I can't find any online presence from them, bar a few pictures on Facebook from the people who helped renovate the place.

Isn’t it another press-up place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Isn’t it another press-up place?

Pop-up is it? Isn't a pop-up restuarant a temporary thing? The pics online I have seen show this to be definitely a permanent restuarant.

Unless of course a press-up is something I haven't yet heard of, which is highly likely.

Pop-up is it? Isn't a pop-up restuarant a temporary thing? The pics online I have seen show this to be definitely a permanent restuarant.

oh it's permanent.. a lot of work done on interior.. it is strange there's no website..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

De Bhál wrote: »

Unless of course a press-up is something I haven't yet heard of, which is highly likely.

Press-Up Group are basically buying up places all over the city. Only God knows how many places in Dublin. God, and this website:

https://pressup.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was open last night around 8pm it seemed

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Birneybau wrote: »
    Press-Up Group are basically buying up places all over the city. Own God knows how many places in Dublin. God, and this website:

I’ve heard it is owned by the folks that own pigs ear and mr Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Was open last night around 8pm it seemed

Was open for a friends and family event , I saw some pics of the food , looks awesome

It is a press up group place , and I believe one of the kids from Donnelly foods is running it

• Advertisement

Is this new restaurant in the building that looked like an old bookie shop (sports pictures in the windows) that had been vacant for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

surball wrote: »
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Press-Up Group are basically buying up places all over the city. Own God knows how many places in Dublin. God, and this website:

I’ve heard it is owned by the folks that own pigs ear and mr Fox.

Thought this was the case too.

Is this new restaurant in the building that looked like an old bookie shop (sports pictures in the windows) that had been vacant for years?

no.. the old bank opposite ..

no.. the old bank opposite ..

Hopefully someone will take over that empty bookie space as it looks really crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

Was open for a friends and family event , I saw some pics of the food , looks awesome

It is a press up group place , and I believe one of the kids from Donnelly foods is running it

Had dinner there last night. Will be back, fabulous place and very high standard of food. Great addition to the north side.

eastwest wrote:
    Had dinner there last night. Will be back, fabulous place and very high standard of food. Great addition to the north side.

ah sounds great..must book it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

eastwest wrote:

ah sounds great..must book it..
    I don't know how to book it, can't see any details anywhere. We were passing last night and saw it was open, just decided to try it. I'll be back that way next Thursday and I'll pop in and ask for contact details.

eastwest wrote:
    I don't know how to book it, can't see any details anywhere. We were passing last night and saw it was open, just decided to try it. I'll be back that way next Thursday and I'll pop in and ask for contact details.

I only live a few mins away..ill pop in tomorrow and ask details and post up here...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 kev23f

I only live a few mins away..ill pop in tomorrow and ask details and post up here...

Here's the lorettas page... https://www.lorettas.ie

• Advertisement

kev23f wrote: »
    Here's the lorettas page... https://www.lorettas.ie

RUA pizza opened now it seems

Advertisement