Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Zipppy wrote: »
    Dublin bikes station being installed beside McGowans... strange place to put it..why not beside luas stop at broadstone ? Mad.

I guess they are prioritising filling in empty space on the map.

Are there any Dublin bikes at luas stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

surball wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of what will open opposite Doyle’s? Heard rumours of a restaurant?

I heard the group that own Sophie's, Roberta's etc. had bought it to turn into a restaurant but that was ages ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Does anyone have any idea of what will open opposite Doyle’s? Heard rumours of a restaurant?

Planning permission granted for change of use to a restaurant called 'Loretta's'.

Planning files 3383/17 & 4605/17 can be viewed on the council website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

psinno wrote:
    Are there any Dublin bikes at luas stops?

Hmmmm..now you mention it not a lot..
    Four courts.. heuston.. the green..dominick.. that's about it...

Not quite Phibsboro but work going on inside Chancery Hse.. the old motor tax office..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Doyles looks very nice now. New cafe called Jay's in broadstone too that looks nice.

Doyles looks very nice now. New cafe called Jay's in broadstone too that looks nice.

Where's Jays located?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

had a few drinks in Doyles on saturday, very quiet really, 6e for premium gins and tonics was great value. Some singer guy doing covers was a bit annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Where's Jays located?

It's beside Cumiskys pub at the very top (bottom?) of Upper Dominick St, 30 second walk from the Broadstone Luas stop

https://jays.ie/

Had a coffee in it last week, lovely spot and great staff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Not quite Phibsboro but work going on inside Chancery Hse.. the old motor tax office..

Feels like that place has been empty for forever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

psinno wrote: »
    Feels like that place has been empty for forever.

I just wish it was demolished and rebuilt. It’s a vile early 70s eyesore with no redeeming features. Same goes for Phibsboro shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.jfa.ie/river-house-hotel/

Attached link shows what will be replacing the old Motor Tax office. It's being demolished and a new hotel going up. Marked improvement for the area definitely and perfect location on the Luas stop also for tourists etc.

JupiterKid wrote:
    I just wish it was demolished and rebuilt. It’s a vile early 70s eyesore with no redeeming features. Same goes for Phibsboro shopping Centre.

Did that get planning..i thought the locals had concerns?
    It looks like existing building reworked rather than demolished?

sweetie wrote:
    had a few drinks in Doyles on saturday, very quiet really, 6e for premium gins and tonics was great value. Some singer guy doing covers was a bit annoying though.

I walk by it every eve on way home from work..always empty with a massive bouncer at the door...doesnt look very inviting tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

anto9 wrote: »
    Nobody commented on the video ,which i thought was amazing .Done by a Polish lad with an eye for detail . http://youtu.be/Z1XFPREhVjw
    I miss phibsboro

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Anyone have any idea about the restaurant under construction in phibsboro? Might be called lorettos?

Looks like it will be a nice place anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anyone have any idea about the restaurant under construction in phibsboro? Might be called lorettos?

If your talking about the old AIB bank site , I believe it is a Pressup group establishment .
    Which will mean Cool design , modern concept , slightly over priced .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,297 ✭✭✭cgcsb

There's still no movement on the shopping centre redevelopment. The stadium could be the same, just lip service.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Advertisement

cgcsb wrote: »
    There's still no movement on the shopping centre redevelopment. The stadium could be the same, just lip service.

It's only been a few months since planning permission was granted. It took over a year.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Peregrine wrote: »
    It's only been a few months since planning permission was granted. It took over a year.

Applied for planning permission on the 4th of April 2017, granted by Dublin City Council on the 24th of October 2017. Applied to An Bord Pleanála and finally granted permission on the 21st of August 2018. It took 16 months.

surball wrote:

surball wrote:

Whatever lorettos is like we already have a fab eating venue.. visited the Botanic Hse on Sat nite..amazing..
    However Hedigans is getting v run down..from awful food to crap decor and poor staffing I fear it could be a deliberate move...
    We also have a new wood fired pizza joint opening in old Subway outlet.
    And Legit coffee opened recently opposite library..
    It's all happening in the 27th coolest neighbour hood in the World ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I see the Greek place didn't last. Pity. I loved their Baklava

I see the Greek place didn't last. Pity. I loved their Baklava

Still there...just got a makeover...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Whatever lorettos is like we already have a fab eating venue.. visited the Botanic Hse on Sat nite..amazing..
    However Hedigans is getting v run down..from awful food to crap decor and poor staffing I fear it could be a deliberate move...
    We also have a new wood fired pizza joint opening in old Subway outlet.
    And Legit coffee opened recently opposite library..
    It's all happening in the 27th coolest neighbour hood in the World ðŸ˜

That’s great to hear about botanic house. Will make a trip there soon. The bald eagle did great food also when I made a visit there recently.

Shame about hedigans. The last time I was there the food was decent enough and well priced. But that’s a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭foodaholic

That’s great to hear about botanic house. Will make a trip there soon. The bald eagle did great food also when I made a visit there recently.

Shame about hedigans. The last time I was there the food was decent enough and well priced. But that’s a long time ago.

Food is Doyle’s is good
    They have a new sandwich bar as well

Agree about hedigans - gone downhill rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Was in the botanic house last Sunday. The food was nice but it took ages to come out. Not sure what was wrong but everyone there was getting annoyed at the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Still there...just got a makeover...

Good to hear

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Was in the botanic house last Sunday. The food was nice but it took ages to come out. Not sure what was wrong but everyone there was getting annoyed at the delay.

Yeah twas quite slow saturday nite too .. but I guessed it was because the place was so busy..Hmmm could be an issue there so..

Advertisement