Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭De Bhál

hankless wrote: »
    Do you know when it is being closed? We usually have a family event there each summer and, while I'm all for improvements, it will be sad to not go there in 2019.

Where else around has a nice beer garden like Hedigans?

across the road from Hedigans, in a pub called The Whitworth. pretty big beer garden out the back of that

Dunphus wrote: »
    So, with all these trendy cafés and pubs opening up, is there anywhere left to pick up a Christmas tress in Phibsborough? It doesn't need to be vegan!

Can anyone recommend anywhere near by?

these lads have them

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3638766,-6.2720759,3a,75y,248.62h,75.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdZNCJwEBM0zqlc5xWHo7Mg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Do you know when it is being closed? We usually have a family event there each summer and, while I'm all for improvements, it will be sad to not go there in 2019.

Where else around has a nice beer garden like Hedigans?

You'll be fine for summer 2019, 2020 and possibly for 2021 with current plans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Dunphus wrote: »
    So, with all these trendy cafés and pubs opening up, is there anywhere left to pick up a Christmas tress in Phibsborough? It doesn't need to be vegan!

Can anyone recommend anywhere near by?

Phibsboro hardware sell trees out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

matrim wrote:
    Phibsboro hardware sell trees out the back.

I second that..great spot for everything really :)

• Advertisement

Zipppy wrote: »
    I second that..great spot for everything really :)

to anyone that hasn't been, go in for a look. It's from a different era.

Stock control nightmare

sound lads though

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

De Bhál wrote: »
    to anyone that hasn't been, go in for a look. It's from a different era.

Stock control nightmare

sound lads though

He sure does know exactly where everything is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

What''s Rua like? Bit worrying that they're on Pigsback already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great to see Vish shop in the area down on blessington street as they've won best street food in Ireland two of the last three years. I've gotten their BBQ cauliflower wings so many times now, amazing. The chocolate peanut butter fudge cake is great also.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

Great to see Vish shop in the area down on blessington street as they've won best street food in Ireland two of the last three years. I've gotten their BBQ cauliflower wings so many times now, amazing. The chocolate peanut butter fudge cake is great also.

Interesting, has this place just opened? Never noticed it!

• Advertisement

On another note has anyone seen the PhibsboroLife Blog ?

Also on instagram....

Can u pls share the link? Tried googling it but no luck :confused:

sweetie wrote: »
    What''s Rua like? Bit worrying that they're on Pigsback already.

I think it’s good but was I was hoping for Smtg better considering the oven they built. Good tomato sauce and light enough pizza base more on the crunchy (Rome) type than the “slide-folding” (Naples) style they do in Dublin Pizza Company or to a less extent in Sano.

Rua reminds me to Boco, above the average but IMO not (yet?) there with best pizzas in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

The aul lads in Phibsboro Hardware are gas. I went in a few years ago to get something. When paying, I handed the man a fiver and he told me it was fake. It wasn't, but he was adamant. He more or less ran me out of the place!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Interesting, has this place just opened? Never noticed it!

Yeah it's just open a couple of weeks. €6 for the cauliflower wings I mentioned, I've been there loads already.

QdsAJtyl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Rua reminds me to Boco, above the average but IMO not (yet?) there with best pizzas in Dublin.

You can't fault the Backpage for really good pizza at very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Yes it’s ok

Guys I think you all need to know a secret which I've been keeping in for quite some time now but can't hold it in any longer.

The self service checkouts in Tesco are far slower than the human operated, old-fashioned, tills. You people that queue halfway up the Crisps and Goodies aisles just so you can scan your own stuff? Save yourselves.

I love the socially awkward penguins using the self service in big queues and I can walk straight toa person that scans the stuff for me and be done in a minute.

hankless wrote:
    The self service checkouts in Tesco are far slower than the human operated, old-fashioned, tills. You people that queue halfway up the Crisps and Goodies aisles just so you can scan your own stuff? Save yourselves.

I love the socially awkward penguins using the self service in big queues and I can walk straight toa person that scans the stuff for me and be done in a minute.

Hmmmm...
    Not always..sometimes self service is quicker but yes queuing down that isle would break your heart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Is that to do with being socially awkward? I'm fairly socially awkward but I never use self service tills in Tesco because dealing with the machines getting confused about where my bags are or when they think I'm stealing stuff because the weight is off somewhere is way more socially awkward then a human scanning groceries.

• Advertisement

psinno wrote: »
    Is that to do with being socially awkward? I'm fairly socially awkward but I never use self service tills in Tesco because dealing with the machines getting confused about where my bags are or when they think I'm stealing stuff because the weight is off somewhere is way more socially awkward then a human scanning groceries.

Just in my experience, some people I know go to the self service as they don't want to have contact with a person. I imagine it varies and was only a joke anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

I see that smokin bones has closed down. Shame to see a business go from the area. I never really saw it very busy.

Was never gonna make it....
    We badly need a butcher's and a fresh fish shop..

Was never gonna make it....
    We badly need a butcher's and a fresh fish shop..

Yeah you’d miss Giles fish shop alright. Definitely a need for a fishmongers, but I think Smokin Bones is too big. It’s kitted out for eats so I’d say it’ll be another food venue. Could end up an Insomnia yet...

hankless wrote:
    Yeah you’d miss Giles fish shop alright. Definitely a need for a fishmongers, but I think Smokin Bones is too big. It’s kitted out for eats so I’d say it’ll be another food venue. Could end up an Insomnia yet...

Used to be insomnia in spar..didnt work out...thank God..

Used to be insomnia in spar..didnt work out...thank God..

Actually it’s still there, no?

Either way, I’d say it’s more likely to be a chain, or over-priced coffee shop, than a useful amenitie.

surball wrote: »
    I see that smokin bones has closed down. Shame to see a business go from the area. I never really saw it very busy.

It’s a pity alrite. I thought burgers were very decent and staff good.

Actually it’s still there, no?

Either way, I’d say it’s more likely to be a chain, or over-priced coffee shop, than a useful amenitie.

The only chain I wouldn’t mind having around here would be Sprout or Chopped

The only chain I wouldn’t mind having around here would be Sprout or Chopped

I reckon they live off lunch time trade..and sat / sun shoppers..cant see them surviving in Phibs,

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Some of it is going, some is being reclad and I believe Tesco isn't changing at all!

does anyone know when they’ll start working? despite an bord pleanala‘s go ahead in August (with marginal changes) nothing seem to happen there

Advertisement