Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Went 1-1 yesterday +0.808 Pts.
    Overall 6-2 for week 1 +17.393 Pts.

Got too cautious yesterday after a poor Sunday.

Fancied the Lions so took them -6 and Stafford over 298.5 yards. But then I was thinking that because I envisioned the Lions to storm to an early lead, that Manning would go over a paltry 236.5 yards in playing catch up. How wrong I was! :eek::eek:

Then in the Chargers game I took the Bolts +3 but also the overs as I thought Rivers could put up a few points. So overall about a point or two up on the night when it should have been more :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

TNF Baltimore -4 to beat Pittsburgh at 2.360 for 3 Pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I guessed the spreads this week before checking, was close enough in a lot of cases but based on what I thought and even bearing in mind that I was plain wrong on some, I think I’ll be backing Jacksonville, Kansas, and Atlanta plus the points. I don’t really like any favs. I’d also back Chicago if they move to +7.5 but I don’t think they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm all over the Jags aswell. The Redskins looked pathetic against the Texans and RG3 looks way off. Think the Jags defence should be able to get to him.

Others I like are 49ers at home to the Bears and Saints at the Browns.

I am not gone on the Saints;
    out of their dome, up north
    laying that many points
    change of timezone

• Advertisement

I think the Bengals might have too much for the Falcons actually. They registered three sacks against the Ravens and constantly had Flacco fleeing for his life. The Falcons offensive line did a more than admirable job last week against the Saints but I think they'll be in for a rude awakening this week.

That and the Packers -8 are my main two bets. Geno Smith looked good but I'm hoping for a bounce back to form for the Green Bay offence and I think the defence (without being brilliant, which they are not) will do enough to stifle Geno.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,544 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

skippymac6 wrote: »
    I think the Bengals might have too much for the Falcons actually. They registered three sacks against the Ravens and constantly had Flacco fleeing for his life. The Falcons offensive line did a more than admirable job last week against the Saints but I think they'll be in for a rude awakening this week.

That and the Packers -8 are my main two bets. Geno Smith looked good but I'm hoping for a bounce back to form for the Green Bay offence and I think the defence (without being brilliant, which they are not) will do enough to stifle Geno.
    The big things in the Packers/Jets game is the two lines. Green Bay's offensive line looked awful last week. The Jets DL looked poor too. I think this is a game where in-running betting is the way to go. You will know who is winning that battle very early and then go back the other team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I would almost consider GB to win and the over (46pts I think?) over GB -8. on one hand I don't have a tonne of faith in the Jets offense, but on the other Dom Capers "red sea" defensive scheme will give anyone a chance to put up close to 30.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I would almost consider GB to win and the over (46pts I think?) over GB -8. on one hand I don't have a tonne of faith in the Jets offense, but on the other Dom Capers "red sea" defensive scheme will give anyone a chance to put up close to 30.

Yeah I can see the apprehension but I think the Packers O-Line will give rodgers enough time to pick apart the Jets weak secondary. I can see them getting a double digit lead early and forcing the Jets to put it on the shoulders of Geno and I can't see that going too well.

On the flipside of that, if the Jets establish their running game and keep it tight then they have a squeak. However, I am going for the former scenario and Packers -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Don't really like a side tonight, gonna go over the total of 44. Just looking at Steelers-Browns there....Steelers offense looked good, but couldn't stop Hoyer & co. Steelers ended up with 503 yards vs. Cleveland's 389.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Had a small bet on Steelers to win by 1-6 points at 4/1. Think it'll be a tight affair again as with all these divisional games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Bills to win 1.88, Jags +6 1.92, SF -7 2.0, Panthers to win 1.74 1 unit each.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Jake Matthews out of the Bengals game. Anyone touching Atlanta might want to hold fire now one Game Carimi is in line to start.

inDuEHYqYZgOb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Struggling to find anything I like today to be honest. It looks like it may well be the first week in a long time I don't touch anything on NFL.

I'm kind of in the same boat to be honest. Thought I might get far better value on the Bills than there is, but all in all its tough to find anything there.

If the Packers offensive and defensive lines hold up well (just hold their own rather than dominate) in the first few drives against the Jets I might feel tempted to whack on GB beating the spread. But I want to get at least a glimpse first, because we were appalling against the run last week while NY look like they've put a really good unit together on that end, and their defensive line if lethal while Sherrod at RT in particular scares the crap out of me for us. If it looks like we can do enough to force Geno Smith to have to go over 30 pass attempts, we should clean up easy though.

Really does seem a night for betting in running on the whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Im thinkin a treble of titans -3.5,seahawks -4.5and NO -6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Went for a few small accumulators.

Lions M/L
    Jags +6.0
    Jets +7.5
    Falcons +5.5

Arian Foster anytime
    Matt Forte anytime
    Justin Hunter anytime

Edelman - over 67.5
    Cardinals/Giants under 42.5
    Texans -3

Texans M/L
    Rams/Bucs over 37.5
    Lions/Panthers under 44

49ers worth a gamble with Marshall and Jeffery injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Threw a fiver on rams,jags,falcons to win at 33/1. Worth a punt I reckon

Paully D wrote: »
    Struggling to find anything I like today to be honest. It looks like it may well be the first week in a long time I don't touch anything on NFL.

Ban request :)

Ah, I'm kinda the same, nothing much standing out. Reduced number of singles and did a bunch of cheap accumulators on leans.

Singles

Vikings +5.5 vs. Patriots, Vikings ML @ 3.0
    Browns +6.5 vs. Saints
    MNF Eagles ML vs. Colts @ 2.45

I don't think running-backs matter that much, and the Vikings line is an overreaction. They looked good last week mainly because they had a good defense and competent QB. Browns I'm not crazy about, but big spread at home.

6pm accum
    - Dolphins +1, Titans -3, Jags +6
    - Giants +1.5, Bengals -5.5, Panthers -2.5

9pm accum
    - Chiefs +11.5, Bucs -6, Texans -3

• Advertisement

Seahawks -4.5 is the only one that really stands out to me. Jets +7.5 and Saints -6 leans.

Tough week IMO. I'll have a small punt on the treble as 1) I can't resist and 2) for interest. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im gonna throw 50 on seahawks, texans, pats, and 49rs to win 230

Carson Palmer's officially out today. Just managed to get on the Giants -1 at odds against (11/10) on Betfair.

ab95eb7c46d93ab08efcba5ee9a72ff0.png

Trent Richardson is 5/6 to run for under 40.5 yards tomorrow night. Get your bets in ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Line moves today (think this is usually sharp money)...

Big move on Vikings, so think I got that right, down from +5.5/6 down to nearly +3 now.

Giants +1.5 down to -2
    Browns from +6.5 down to +5.5
    Chargers from +5.5 to +4.5
    Rams +6, down to +4.5
    Jets from +7.5 to +7

Bit of money on Texans and Titans both pushing towards -3.5 (was -3).

I like four today, they are

Seahawks
    Titans
    Saints
    Redskins

Gonna do all four in a straight accum with handicaps.

Getting a push on a 7-point Packers win looks like value to me, even if it's the sharps on the other side.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I like four today, they are

Seahawks
    Titans
    Saints
    Redskins

Gonna do all four in a straight accum with handicaps.
    Adding the Cards to this, couldn't believe they were +2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

eagle eye wrote: »
    Adding the Cards to this, couldn't believe they were +2.

Drew Stanton though. Hasn't taken a snap of competitive football in 4 years and was abysmal when he did get the odd game.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable. I made two last minute, impulsive bets.

€10 on Steven Jackson to run over 42.5 yards,
    Richardson to run under 40.5 yards (tomorrow) and Jamaal Charles to run over 73.5 yards. Jackson did his end, but Charles went off injured early so lost that one. 5.1/1 odds.

€5 on Rams to win, Newton to throw over 222.5 yards and the Chiefs +12.5 with under 52.5 in the game. Broncos made a goal line stand to secure the win and that bet winning by only 7, Newton went around 290 and the Rams won on a last minute FG. 15.6/1, €83 return.

Onky noticed now that I forgot to hit the final 'submit' button on the winner! :mad:

Fecking raging, at least the comeback at the Jets helps a little. Feel a right tit about now.

Advertisement