Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Huge bet,talking 4 figures here on the over tonight.
    Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good luck all.

Best of luck to you on it mate, I hope it comes in as it should also mean a more entertaining game if it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Good luck all.

What price? Over (+47.5) is 20/21 on PP.

What price? Over (+47.5) is 20/21 on PP.

Got over 46 on Pinnacle two days ago at 1.94, gone up to 47 there now.
    Should still be able to get 47 if you shop around the main bookies in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I fancied it but I didn't think it had moved that much

good luck anyway

Anyone know if the Racing Post did a preview feature at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Good luck all.

I regularly bet 4 figures on football too, makes it all the more interesting.

Granted, there's usually a decimal point in the middle, but still....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I regularly bet 4 figures on football too, makes it all the more interesting.

Granted, there's usually a decimal point in the middle, but still....

I suppose the bet really hinges on the Packers offence being effective. The Seahwaks you'd imagine will score some points and I see it being a close 30-27 game or something like a 30-10 Seahawks win.

I love betting on the overs as it makes the games much more enjoyable and I probably lean towards it more than I should if I'm split on which way to go but I wouldn't want to bet on that happening tonight with the league's best scoring defence playing at home. No matter how good Rodgers is. I hope it comes in for you though and of course my beloved Packers do the business! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hate betting on over/under. Anyway, time to start a log. Might be a good idea for everyone who wishes to increase their betting credibility.

1 unit on Kansas City to win 1.54, 1 unit Panthers to win 2.19.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

One unit Denver -7
    2 on Rams @ 10/17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be honest with Rodgers back and in form and FINALLY having a top running game behind him, plus the no huddle looking very useful so far, I just can't see the Packers being held to under 20 even with that Seahawks defense at home. But with the question marks over our defense and Russell Wilson due to step up a notch again it's highly unlikely for them to be held under that either.

The homer in me says GB has a chance, but I'll be taking the over and seeing if anything is worth betting on in running, regarding handicap or match bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

€50 accum for Week 1

Chiefs -3.5
    Patriots -5.0
    Eagles -10.5
    Seahawks -6.0
    Saints -3.0

Best of luck to everyone this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Morrison J wrote: »
    Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Packers and Saints to all win their divisions.

€40 returns €518.

Looks easy money.

Happy I did this early. About a 100 quid in the difference now with the prices getting changed.

Anyone like Kelvin Benjamin to be OROY at 17/1 with Paddys? I think he's one of about 3 players (Cook & Bortles) that have a genuine good chance of winning it. Good value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone like Kelvin Benjamin to be OROY at 17/1 with Paddys? I think he's one of about 3 players (Cook & Bortles) that have a genuine good chance of winning it. Good value imo.

Is he not injured to start the year off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is he not injured to start the year off?

Nope pretty sure he's good to go. Gonna be Cam's main endzone target this year. I see him scoring a lot of TD's.

Happy I did this early. About a 100 quid in the difference now with the prices getting changed.

I would be pretty cautious about it to be honest, though the odds are good. Sadly, so long as someone like Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr or Manziel get 12+ starts and play just decently (or a running back gets 1,200+ yards and some TDs) they will win it. Only two non QB/RB rookies have won the award in the last 20 years, one of which was Randy Moss having an all pro, all time type rookie season in 98, and the other being Percy Harvin getting to the Pro Bowl and picking up over 2,000 total yards (a team record) while the only QB/RB of note was Knowshon Moreno squeaking in at 1,038 yards in what was a notoriously weak draft at the top end littered with busts (Stafford only threw for 2,267 yards in 10 games with a QBR of 61.0).

Not a fan of the QB/RB boas when it Co es to awards. Sure, the QB is by far the most important player but when JJ Watt was barely even considered in 2012 I just gave up caring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I like the look at Carr for OROY at 16/1 in some places given the prices. He's likely to be the only starting rookie QB for the first number of games and there's a chance he'll throw some decent numbers. If he can get a middling season with the Raiders then he'll be well in contention where others are relying on things happening for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seahawks down from -6.5 to -4.5 now with some bookmakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

For interest I've gone for the following two bets. Fiver on each.

Seahawks (-4.5) and under 45.5 points @ 13/5

Green Bay (HT)/Seahawks (FT) @ 13/2

5.5 seemed to be the number on Seattle up to this evening, interesting that it has moved.

I'm on the wrong side of it anyway, I'd already backed Seattle -5.5, I liked anything inside 2 FGs. I wonder is it public money or pro money that has moved it (Packers are a "public" team so it's possible)...

€25 on over 46.5 points so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,546 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Billy86 wrote: »
    €25 on over 46.5 points so far.
    I took an alternate over 50 @ 13/10 with b365, its a beautiful day over there. Real good weather for high scoring.

Also the hawks have Harvin fully healty now and that should make a huge difference to the Seattle offense. Rodgers now has a quality RB in Lacy and we all know what Rodgers can do with a ball given a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Took the Seattle - 5.5 earlier @ 20/23

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Nope pretty sure he's good to go. Gonna be Cam's main endzone target this year. I see him scoring a lot of TD's.

Sorry for some reason I registered beckham... might be the drink

• Registered Users Posts: 37,546 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nice one Billy, we got there together.:D

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nice one Billy, we got there together.:D

As a Packers fan, I feel like someone raped me for a small fee.

But at least they paid.

Good luck all.

......aaaand breathe.

Good luck all.

Get in you beauty, this was one of the biggest bets of my life.
    Im shaking here:D

Was thinking of starting a NCAAF betting thread as i cant see one and that is my bread and butter.
    Went 13-5 last week so think im put it in a thread if anyone wants to follow.

Either or, the NCAAF discussion thread isn't so busy that posts get buried pages back really quick but would still get enough contributions on a betting thread to make it worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Can't say my research has been brilliant, but a few leans for the weekend:

Sunday 6pm
    Vikings +3 @ Rams
    Texans -3 vs. Redskins
    Bears -6.5 vs. Bills
    Dolphins +4 vs. Patriots

SNF
    Broncos -7.5 vs. Colts

MNF
    Chargers +3 @ Cardinals