Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options
  • 08-06-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Title Odds (Division and Super Bowl)

c508ea72cf1b2310ff5f5cd4ac63ad34.png
    9b82e409b4dfd6c64709d39d1a96f125.png

Prop Bets

e7e8fd700aa8dbe532348ab20895fa9d.pngf369155728369e29b8c14562a1982239.png

58dfcbc6349346df80929da3f02e9323.png18a4518c9ecf37f05c7c59680f0a6f2e.png

Win Totals

AFC

Patriots 10.5, Dolphins 8, Jets 7, Bills 6.5
    Colts 9.5, Texans 7.5, Titans 7, Jaguars 4.5
    Bengals 9, Ravens 8.5, Steelers 8.5, Browns 6.5
    Broncos 11, Chiefs 8, Chargers 8, Raiders 5

NFC

Eagles 9, Cowboys 8, Redskins 7.5, Giants 7.5
    Saints 9.5, Panthers 8, Falcons 8, Buccaneers 7
    Packers 10, Bears 8, Lions 8, Vikings 6
    Seahawks 11, 49ers 10.5, Cardinals 7.5, Rams 7.5

Week 1 Lines

36b3ea92c4ec1ab34fdae4b5bf44d96b.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Terrible odds for the Seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,173 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone know what betting sites I can bet on the season win lines?

I've put €50 E/W on the Bears winning the SB at 33/1. I love what we did on defense this off-season and if it comes together early and we stay relatively healthy, it could be a good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

New Orleans might have the most balanced roster in football. They stand out a mile for me in terms of value.

In terms of worst value it's Indy and it's not even close. There are just so many holes on that roster.

Great thread mate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully, where are you getting those odds from?
    am going to stick 5 quid on sankey for OROY

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully, where are you getting those odds from?
    am going to stick 5 quid on sankey for OROY

They were just from some Vegas site who had them listed mate, I'm unsure of exactly where. You can get Sankey at 12/1 with Paddy Power, to be honest I never even thought they'd have had prices for that market listed until I just checked now or I would have uploaded theirs, it looks much tidier too:

6b67b7eb875f5d3187ad5e2c9bd17bd4.png

• Advertisement

9/1 for Teddy seems like great value. Jordan Matthews would be my second choice, not even listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Will have bets on Philly and New Orleans to win their divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Going for a Green Bay sweep...

Rodgers MVP
    Green Bay superbowl
    Clinton-Dix defensive rookie of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Going for a Green Bay sweep...

Rodgers MVP
    Green Bay superbowl
    Clinton-Dix defensive rookie of the year

Packers fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Raiders under 5 for me. Brutal schedule against tough opponents and travelling more miles than anyone else in the league, and that's excluding a trip to London as a "home" game.

Also, if Bridgewater is 20/1 for Rookie Offensive Player of the Year, that's great value.

Also agree with Oatsy on the Bears being good value for the Superbowl. They're my bet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

9/1 for Teddy seems like great value. Jordan Matthews would be my second choice, not even listed.

Yea I like 9-1 on Bridgewater. I honestly believe is he wins the starting job he is a near shoe in for OROY.

Odell Beckham could make an impact at 17/1 although he is currently missing time due to a tight hamstring which is a slight worry

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Packers fan?

Ha perhaps.....

Although I think Rodgers is going to have to put up big numbers because of the defense this year so I do think he'll be a decent shout for MVP. Deep receiving core to throw to and that's before a decision is made on Finlay and Lyerla.

The SB pick prob a bit far fetched but Clinto Dix has a great chance I think. with teams trying to live with green bay's offence, they will be passing a bunch to catch up and all he prob needs is 4 or 5 interceptions. As you know voters can be swayed very easily by certain stats and a few INTs could mask over some bad coverage or blown assignments!

A safety hasn't won DROY since 1990 and a cornerback last won it in 2004. It's generally linebackers who win it with the odd DT thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,541 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Raiders under 5 for me. Brutal schedule against tough opponents and travelling more miles than anyone else in the league, and that's excluding a trip to London as a "home" game.

Also, if Bridgewater is 20/1 for Rookie Offensive Player of the Year, that's great value.

Also agree with Oatsy on the Bears being good value for the Superbowl. They're my bet too.
    HigginsJ wrote: »
    Yea I like 9-1 on Bridgewater. I honestly believe is he wins the starting job he is a near shoe in for OROY.

Odell Beckham could make an impact at 17/1 although he is currently missing time due to a tight hamstring which is a slight worry
    Everything points to Cassel starting the season for the Vikings so Bridgewater is a horrible bet.

Whichever QB starts and performs best will win it, no chance a player at any other position wins it unless they get close to breaking single season NFL records.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »

Whichever QB starts and performs best will win it, no chance a player at any other position wins it unless they get close to breaking single season NFL records.

Eddie Lacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Beckham was 40/1 or so a couple of weeks ago and I was going to go for that. Then I checked again a few days later and he was down to 17/1.

Only 7 QB's have won the award since it began in 1967. It's not that much of a shoe-in.

I personally think there's better value in the WR's this year. All of the team who drafted QB's in the first state that they intend to sit them. Manziel will start quickly if not on day one, but if the others are speaking the truth and the likes of Bridgewater and Bortles miss say 4 or 5 games before being put in when their counterparts prove to not be up to the task, that will affect the numbers they can put up.

Watkins and Evans will be go-to guys for the Bills and Buccaneers, Cooks should get some decent catches at the Saints and will rack up yards after the catch, Odell Beckham Jr. will excite on returns which will light up the eyes of the media guys who vote for this award (as Harvin can attest to in 2009) and is no slouch as a receiver either.

My shout would be Cooks. Although I'd be worried about Graham and co. taking receptions from him, he should see a lot of time on the field and has the best QB of all the main rookie WR options to get him the ball, in a pass-heavy offense. I'll be having a nibble on Odell Beckham Jr. too.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Eddie Lacy.
    I should have said the QB who starts, plays to at least an average level and is best of them.

Only Geno Smith started every game last season and he was pathetic.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Only 7 QB's have won the award since it began in 1967. It's not that much of a shoe-in.

I personally think there's better value in the WR's this year. All of the team who drafted QB's in the first state that they intend to sit them. Manziel will start quickly if not on day one, but if the others are speaking the truth and the likes of Bridgewater and Bortles miss say 4 or 5 games before being put in when their counterparts prove to not be up to the task, that will affect the numbers they can put up.

Watkins and Evans will be go-to guys for the Bills and Buccaneers, Cooks should get some decent catches at the Saints and will rack up yards after the catch, Odell Beckham Jr. will excite on returns which will light up the eyes of the media guys who vote for this award (as Harvin can attest to in 2009) and is no slouch as a receiver either.

My shout would be Cooks. Although I'd be worried about Graham and co. taking receptions from him, he should see a lot of time on the field and has the best QB of all rookie WR options to get him the ball, in a pass-heavy offense.
    Three of the last four, four of the last six and five of the last eight have been QBs.

Three of the last four, four of the last six and five of the last eight have been QBs.

Fair point.

They did all start (apart from Young who didn't play the first half of his first game). I know you also stated that it will be a QB who starts, but Manziel could easily be the only one that starts from day one. He'll either bomb or be good, I don't think there'll be an average with him. Bridgewater and co. will be missing at least the start of the season if their teams are to be believed which, if true, will affect the numbers they can put up over the course of a season.

Obviously none of us know who will be starting, or how many games each rookie QB will play, but on the face of it I just think there's better value in the rookie WR options as there's too many question marks over who will start at the QB position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gonna go for Bridgewater for Offensive Rookie of the year. And Jags for playoffs/win the AFC South for an outside bet. Gonna go with the Saints for the Superbowl, that secondary is scary.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Gonna go for Bridgewater for Offensive Rookie of the year. And Jags for playoffs/win the AFC South for an outside bet. Gonna go with the Saints for the Superbowl, that secondary is scary.
    Would you not switch your bets around and go Bortles for OROY and the Vikes to make it. Its a lot more likely for the two things that you are betting on to happen that way imo not that I seen any of it happening.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Would you not switch your bets around and go Bortles for OROY and the Vikes to make it. Its a lot more likely for the two things that you are betting on to happen that way imo not that I seen any of it happening.:D

I know its a long shot but I think the Jags will at least go 8-8 which probably will get to them to the playoffs. Soft spot for Teddy, best qb in the draft imo and definitely think he will light it up this year. At least i can delude myself for another few months yet until i see the Jags getting crushed on the first week :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    I know its a long shot but I think the Jags will at least go 8-8 which probably will get to them to the playoffs. Soft spot for Teddy, best qb in the draft imo and definitely think he will light it up this year. At least i can delude myself for another few months yet until i see the Jags getting crushed on the first week :pac:
    What I'm trying to point out to you is that if the Jags do go 8-8 then Bortles is almost certain to be OROY.

Its unlikely Bridgewater is going to start the season. Norv Turner has been saying how he wanted Cassel last season with the Browns and telling people how good he thinks Cassel is. So do the bets the other way around and you have a better chance of winning both, however unlikely that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Packers and Saints to all win their divisions.

€40 returns €518.

Looks easy money.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Packers and Saints to all win their divisions.

€40 returns €518.

Looks easy money.

Patriots -- for sure
    Colts -- another sure thing
    Broncos -- slam dunk!
    Packers -- I think this will come in but I'd be wary of the Bears. They look to have a good roster and I think that Cutler will finally have that season he's been promising for years (if he stays injury free)
    Saints -- again I'd agree with you that they are the most likely winners but if the Panthers could add a decent wide receiver they could have a big say in that division.

I'd play it safe and go with all the AFC teams with Patriots, Colts, Broncos and Bengals winning their divisions. The Bengals obvioulsy being the least clear cut but Dalton needs a big year and their defence is quality. Too may question marks about the other three teams but it will be interesting if Manziel can force Hoyer out and if the Steelers D gets back to being the best in the business with the new recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Ok I think I finally have enough dough on this and the price is still there :)

There's one of these so overpriced that it'd be justifiable to raid a trocaire box

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/regular-season/regular-season-mvp

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Ok I think I finally have enough dough on this and the price is still there :)

There's one of these so overpriced that it'd be justifiable to raid a trocaire box

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/regular-season/regular-season-mvp

I found it. Joe Flacco at 100/1. I've just thrown on €100,000. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    I found it. Joe Flacco at 100/1. I've just thrown on €100,000. :pac:

Hah i mustve missed him. Ah no its a young no.1 pick with a very apt name for gambling, and the best price is about 4 times what he should be.

I'd also hold fire on Bridgewater bets. I fully expect Cassel to be the starter although there's a small chance BW could win it in camp. If he does then you should have time to unload the clip at 20s or 16s before they react. Its not worth backing otherwise though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Hah i mustve missed him. Ah no its a young no.1 pick with a very apt name for gambling, and the best price is about 4 times what he should be.

I'd also hold fire on Bridgewater bets. I fully expect Cassel to be the starter although there's a small chance BW could win it in camp. If he does then you should have time to unload the clip at 20s or 16s before they react. Its not worth backing otherwise though

Wats with all the crypticness?

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Wats with all the crypticness?

Apologies just messing around. Have whatever you can get on Luck at 33's, 28's or 26's. Easiest schedule in the league, 3 good recievers and his main receiving TE back. 5 prime time games also. Unlikely obviously but it still should be no bigger than 10/1

Advertisement