Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I haven't really started looking at novelties/props yet, but probably will later in the week and would be interested to hear if anyone can mount any serious argument for anything much in particular.

I was trying to get low on points somehow, but the line seems to have moved down a bit already. I wonder will there be late [mug] money for the overs, and maybe it'll go back up a little.

I was thinking about a first half unders bet but now looking at 1st quarter under 9.5. It's evens with Powers, if they even get a little bit of money on it I could see it going off 10/11 both the under/over. Seattle D is at its best shutting teams out in the second half but they've managed to slow teams down in general of late (even if some recent opposition was led by what looks like a rabble group of QBs)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pats D has been incredible in the second half too so it doesn't bode well for overs tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

My one and only Super Bowl bet is Tim Wright, 2 or more TDs @ 50/1.

€20 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Im waiting for evens second half higher scoring. Superbowls have a habit of starting slowly and Seahawks will likely start conservative after all the turnovers in the last game. May go with the first half under 24. On the game itself, general consensus everywhere is that the public on the Pats and the Sharps are on the Seahawks, the resultant weight of money vs informed opinion are cancelling each other out and is causing the line to stay steady. Bookies seem happy enough to take the hit and hope the Seahawks win. Thats not to say the Pats dont have a terrific chance, just a result of where the line has landed

1st quarter under/over now 10/11 the pair.

That 1st half under might be the bet alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just got a pop up on Paddy Power when placing a bet. They have enhanced the Seahawks to 15/8 to win the Super Bowl. That has to be snapped up given they are generally 10/11 or a best priced 20/21 with Victor. Excellent value.

6918eefbfd9ddf2fbab5555b1eb3b603.png

I got the email last night but the link didn't work for me. Was wondering what the max stake would be, anyone know?

Working now with a max of €26 seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Another good deal to be had on Will Hill - 3.5 (5/2) for both of the following:

Lynch to score and SEA to win
    Gronk to score and NE to win

Taking the individual prices into consideration - (10/11 for either team, Lynch 8/13 and Gronk 5/6) that actually extrapoltes to 3.09 and 3.5 respectively. So there is a value over market prices of .41 points on taking the Lynch/SEA double.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My one and only Super Bowl bet is Tim Wright, 2 or more TDs @ 50/1.

€20 on.

Where did you get this price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Where did you get this price?

Bet365. It's still at 50/1 at the moment actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Did Vereen for most receptions at 14s and Luke Wilson for most receiving yards at 16s.

Novelty bets, nothing shorter I have a strong feel for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭johnohanlon

I went for Patriots over 23 points at 10/11, three TD's and a field goal would do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

New England -6.5 2/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Two bets for myself..

Tim Wright to score a TD anytime 4/1
    Lynch to have over 19.5 receiving yards 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

novelty bets came off great last night :) Had "Deflategate" to be first mentioned in the 2nd quarter at 14/1 and Gatorade at the end of the game to be Blue at 16/1 (i think).

Also had LaFell at 13/1 for first TD. Profitable night all together

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Did Vereen for most receptions at 14s and Luke Wilson for most receiving yards at 16s.

Novelty bets, nothing shorter I have a strong feel for.

Played a blinder Shane. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Played a blinder Shane. Good man.

Thanking you kindly, followded your tips for interest.

562113ca518e52f517c69afa0733b108.png

Advertisement