Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

We're the same with myself only for Giants imploding as well

Id imagine thats gonna be a ball breaker for many people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm just glad I did 4 trebles instead of the one €20 accumulator because of that, been screwed over by one team (typically Steelers or Bengals - never, ever again!) far too often.

Popped €20 on GB -1.5 and over 50.5 points. Complete coin toss of a game, just should make it even more tense. :D
    EDIT: Also €10 on Cardinals to win at 9/4 after the TD and punt return score... and they get a pick!! Bit of a long shot but I like the value, Falcons are very sloppy.

Question for any 'fourth quarter comebacks mean more than anything else' types... if the Ravens drive down and get a winning FG now, does it make Rivers' performance worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Browns +3
    Ravens -6.5
    Buccs +4

Singles and a treble

Only the buccs came through. Bills scored two TDs in ten seconds to go up 14-3 and that was that. Hoyer was awful, Manziel should start next week. Chargers were down by double digits most of the game but have come back great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Fucking Ravens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fucking Ravens officials.

Tidied.

€53 on Broncos to win 21/20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

1 unit Denver win 2.04. Had taken Chiefs ATS at +1.5 but have to like the Denver price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

200 yoyo on Denver here. With no Eric Berry I think that seriously weakens the Kansas pass D. Granted hes one player but his overall importance in their scheme cannot be overstated.

Don't think Smith has the game to keep up with Peyton. very confident on this stake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

On denver here for 3 Pts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

against the grain, Chiefs for the win. 2 points on the -1 for fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Had a small in running bet on Broncos -0.5 and under 49.5 at 15/8

+7.18 with 56 staked. 46-36 ATS.

Early ATS for next week: Bears +3.5, Steelers +3.5, Texans -4, Giants +1, Saints -9.5, Lions -9.5, Redskins +2.5, Broncos -10, Raiders +7.5, Chargers +3.5, Packers -11.5. Considering Packers -11.5, Seahawks +2, Texans -4 and Broncos -10 as bets. Think the Falcons and Bills could find their defenses overwhelmed, and with Sanchez at the helm I fancy the Eagles offense as hot and cold. Jaguars shouldn't be scoring 2 defensive touchdowns this week.

Dolphins -5 and over 33.5 points for me tonight at Evs. Think the Jets are in absolute freefall.

Dolphins -6.5, 10/11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Small 2 pt bet on over 41.

1 unit on each: Packers -11.5 1.95, Seahawks to win 2.02, Broncos -10 1.95. ATS: Ravens +3, Cardinals -1.5, Browns +4.

Fancy the Cowboys to come back tonight:
    Cowboys -3
    Over 51 pts
    Murray over 118 yards

Early few for this Sunday:
    Ravens money line
    Giants money line
    Steelers +3

Over 51pts tonight.

Did Forte first TD scorer and anytime TD scorer.

• Advertisement

Cowboys -3
    Over 51 pts
    Murray over 118 yards

Ravens money line
    Giants money line
    Steelers +3

A very rare decent TNF. The Bears are in all sorts of trouble. Doubt Trestman keeps his job for next year.

ATS: Vikings -5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I think ive found one for later. Hoyer under 255 passing yards @ 10/11. The line is right on the average of what he's done this year, and against a basic defence, i'd normally be put off. However the game is being played in very cold temps, which wont aid passing. Hoyer has also been very off color in recent weeks, so I suspect the Browns will go for a run first approach against a poor run D. Biggest factor though is that I simply think the Browns will only have to get 2 scores behind in the second half for Hoyer to be benched in favor of Manziel. The chance of that, however small, definitely skews things. This line is 30+ pts too high imo

Cowboys -3
    Over 51 pts
    Murray over 118 yards

Ravens money line
    Giants money line
    Steelers +3

Have a feeling that Ngata being out is going to hurt Baltimore a hell of a lot

Threw the Saints -3 into an accumulator earlier. I really am a glutton for punishment. They've cost me a fortune this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Treble for me is my only bet of the night.

Seahawks -1 @ 10/11
    49ers -11.5 @ 7/5
    Patriots -11.5 @ 23/10

Threw the Saints -3 into an accumulator earlier. I really am a glutton for punishment. They've cost me a fortune this season.

Same. Them and the Jets. I refuse to bet in their games anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Same. Them and the Jets. I refuse to bet in their games anymore
    I've said it before, I just don't understand how people can bet on bad teams. They are at best unpredictable and its about how bad are they going to be on the day.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've said it before, I just don't understand how people can bet on bad teams. They are at best unpredictable and its about how bad are they going to be on the day.

With regards the Saints, I think I'm just unwilling to accept they are as bad as they are. I mean their record could be better - especially those two opening games when they lost to the Falcons and Browns. They've lost 5 games by a score or less including a few by a field goal. Brees has a fantastic record at home too so me including them -3 in an accum wasn't beyond the realms of possibility (especially against the Panthers who have been shocking).

That said I won't be trusting them again this season with that awful awful defence.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

Ah I cut my ties a few weeks back with the above so I didn't get the brunt of it this week or last week (even though the saints covered last week). To be fair, if someone had given me a tenner to put on the saints or panthers covering today I would have taken the saints though as the panthers have looked awful too and the saints man handled them in Carolina earlier in the year

Advertisement