Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just went on the Chiefs in-running after the first Seahawks drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kryogen wrote: »
    There's always rats an upset Lucky

My own pick for an upset this week is the Giants over the 9ers
    If they were good against the run I'd fancy it but they are not.

For me if there is to be an upset today it would be the Texans over the Browns. Ryan Mallett is an x-factor in that game. He has not been rushed into a starting role but its quite clear that Bill O'Brien has wanted him since he took over the Texans. Mallett has a big arm which makes Johnson and Hopkins very dangerous today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have picked the Texans also, I'm with you on the Saints, have a large bet on them to cover the spread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well the accumulator failed and Bridgewater let me down (had enough pass attempts... averaged 3.25 yards per attempt through the first three quarters, which is simply just unspeakable against that Bears defence.

Have €35 on a double of GB -4.5/over 44.5 points, and the Chargera/Raiders to go over 45.5 points at 3.77/1, €167 return.

Also thanks to Eli's fifth pick I might just be holding on for a treble I had of Norway (away to Azerbaijan), 9ers to win and Holland -1 at home to Latvia. Norway And Holland already came good, just clingsling on now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Every early game bar the chiefs went unders. That was 44 points scored and the line I looked was 43.5 so I'm sure there was a few +\- 44.5 out there for the clean sweep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going with the standard accumulator this week. Saints, 49ers, broncos, redskins and chargers to win.
    Hopefully no bloody upset like the jets last weekend.

Well that didn't exactly go to plan!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Zona roll second half. Liking the +3 2H there and Under 33 FG in San Diego.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Followed football baby for the lols. Have Texans, Chiefs, Colts and the Steelers. Around 12/1.

Really have to get behind football baby sometime for the craic.

Been a terrible day so far for me, going to cap it all off with a go-for-broke 3/1 bet of €50 on Pats to win, over 57.5 points.

Kharrell wrote: »
    Zona roll second half. Liking the +3 2H there and Under 33 FG in San Diego.

�� ��

Colts -3 for me, statement game tonight on prime time.

• Advertisement

Been a mixed bag today, I have the Pats on the moneyline since early in the week, probably not going to do anything else for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

2 early bets for next week, all over the Bills in particular. Bills -4.5 1 unit 1.96, Broncos -7 1 unit 1.95. Early ATS picks: Chiefs -6.5, Browns +3, Bengals +2, Packers -9.5, Bills -4.5, Buccaneers +6, Seahawks -6.5, Rams +6.5, Broncos -7.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Really have to get behind football baby sometime for the craic.

Been a terrible day so far for me, going to cap it all off with a go-for-broke 3/1 bet of €50 on Pats to win, over 57.5 points.
    Thank Christ! Won a tenner on Ireland, 25 on a Norway/Holland/49ers treble, then lost 85 on three other NFL bets. 135 profit here (since I backed the Colts when they got to 8 points down for 15 at 7/1) but Jonas Gray saved the day so at least I came out with €85 on top on the day.

kryogen wrote: »
    Been a mixed bag today, I have the Pats on the moneyline since early in the week, probably not going to do anything else for the game

And The Patriots dominate on the ground to give me a bit of healthy profit for the week, happy now

PP offering enhanced odds on Steelers ML/just to win now - up from 10/31 to evens, put on their max allowed bet of €26.

PP offering enhanced odds on Steelers ML/just to win now - up from 10/31 to evens, put on their max allowed bet of €26.
    Link to that?

Link to that?

If you have a PP account it should show up on the bottom of your screen when you log in (or click into their American Football maybe). Not sure if it's offered to all customers or just because I've done a lot of bets on there this season (mostly small ball things, €10-15 stuff) but they've also offered me Murray to beat Raonic in tennis up from 1/2 to evens, England half time/full time the other day up from 8/11 to 13/8 I think (let me down) and now this all in the last week or so.

EDIT: Found them!
    Also, they're offering Steelers to win all 4 quarters at 14/1 - might be worth some loose change for the craic, plus if they win first three, and you've say €5 on to win €70, it should be easy to cover €10 or so in the fourth quarter if it's a blow out.
    14/1, 4 quarters: http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special
    evens, to win: http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?action=go_enhanced_prices

Also put €3.26 on the 14/1 bet since that was spare money in my account. Not really gonna come off but it could make the game interesting all the same.

Gone for me! Thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

now 15-1.. tbh i can see this coming off

Ah crap, I got awful value :D! Still wouldn't recommend putting more than loose change on it, and keep an eye for if Pittsburgh steam roll the first three quarters to do a handicap bet for the Titans coming into the fourth to cover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ah crap, I got awful value :D! Still wouldn't recommend putting more than loose change on it, and keep an eye for if Pittsburgh steam roll the first three quarters to do a handicap bet for the Titans coming into the fourth to cover.

I fully expect the titans to suck for the first 3.. even when the Steelers take their foot off they'll still win :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

On the steelers heavy myself tonight.

Like Ten +3 2H and Under 24 2H.

Kharrell wrote: »
    Like Ten +3 2H and Under 24 2H.

Push and 🍻, just about.

Leveon Bell saved the day for me I the end that Christ. Still, that's got to be the last time I bet on, or against, the Steelers all year. Between the insane win over the Texans (who I had backed) and the losses to the Jets and Bucs and almost Titans (all of which I had money on Pittsburgh for) they are just way, way too unpredictable.

Josh Gordon is back for Cleveland who are 3pt underdogs, so put a treble on then to beat Atlanta (25/17), Bills -4.5 home to Jets (20/21) and Colts/Jags over 50.5 points (10/11) for total odds of 8.2/1. €12 for €110.50 total return, well worth a stab I reckon.

Taking a quick glance at the early lines, it looks like it might be a week to bet on the underdogs keeping it close for the most part, don't know about everyone else but generally I feel a little more uneasy about those nets than favourites to cover (within 5-6 points, that is).

Colts -13 1.95 1 unit.

Packers -9.5 1.97 1 unit. ATS picks: Eagles -11, Patriots -7, 49ers -9, Colts -13, Ravens +3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Definitely a week for the dogs. I feel uneasy about nearly all the big favourites this week.

What's people's opinions on this?

I hate, hate, hate taking the unders for points since you find yourself rooting for a usually dull game, but I am very tempted with Chiefs -4.5 and under 43.5 points tonight at 13/8. Maybe even same handicap with a line of 35.5 points at 10/3 and here is why.

Standard handicap is -7.5 and standard points are -42.5, while both QBs are at 192.5 passing yards (the lowest any QB has had all year I believe - Vick was 195.5 in his first week starting while Russell Wilson was either 188.5 or 195.5 a few days back, can't remember which). Jamaal Charles is high on 99.5 yards but McFadden is only 35.5 yards for Oakland. Chiefs have tied 3rd best pass defence ypa and prefer to grind games early since they can (and lack receiving options) rather than run up loads of scores while Raiders are on the other end, while the Raiders run defence is underratedly stingy in 7th with 3.8ypc but have the least points in the league at 152.

Raiders pass defence allows a good few yards but Chiefs are 8th lowest at 5.9ypa, and while Chiefs run defence allows a lot per carry, Raiders are 4th lowest at 3.4ypc. Both are amongst the very lowest in takeaways, while the Chiefs are also quite low on giveaways - the Raiders give it away a lot but seem to be improving a bit over the last month or so in that department.

Surely the Chiefs should win this reasonably comfortably but I get the feeling we could be looking at a 17-3 type of scoreline and am even tempted at the bicycle kick Chiefs -8.5 and under 35.5 total points at 5/1. It's not guaranteed but says value all over to me... but I'm having a hard time justifying hitting on an under. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I find totals so hard to win on that I generally think going under a high total, or over a low total, is easier to win on. Just personal experience. I don't like going under on low totals.

• Advertisement

Pinnacle have refunded my Bills bet due to postponing. Are the other bookies doing this?

Advertisement