Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

ATS: Redskins +7.5, Bears +8, Falcons +6, Ravens -5, Cowboys -3. Bets: 49ers win 1.91, Cardinals win 4.01, Chiefs win 2.4 1 unit each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anyone else fancy the Jags tonight? If you have two similarly poor teams, but one is still trying and one isn't, do you take the one who is still playing hard and gets things right on the defensive side of the ball every now and again? Or do you try not to factor in these so-called "intangibles"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Bateman wrote: »
    Anyone else fancy the Jags tonight? If you have two similarly poor teams, but one is still trying and one isn't, do you take the one who is still playing hard and gets things right on the defensive side of the ball every now and again? Or do you try not to factor in these so-called "intangibles"?
    I reckon they'll win, but don't know if it's worth the price with them at -3.5, it's really a matter of which is the less Godawful team. Same for the over/under, I can't tell the the Jags offense is less terrible than the Titans offense or not and vice-versa. This one, like the Jets-Titans match, really has a "who will lose by less" feel to it. I have a weird feeling there might be a bit of entertainment in the game, but the overall standard is sure to be pure dreck.

Yeah giving it a swerve myself, not playing Jags at more than a FG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I remember having a bet on a Raiders vs. Jags game a couple years ago, if I can offer a bit of advice - don't do it. It's not worth the torture. I was lucky enough that my bet won but watching Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne and Carson Palmer battle it out wasn't the most fun way to make a few quid. Think Henne had something like 40 yards in the second half and one 3rd down completion and yet they were still in with a chance at the end - was nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Seahawks looking good, very good. They seem to have the momentum with them like last year, big test against the Cardinals though. I think the Hawks thank the Cards for keeping their spot atop the NFC West warm for them all season, and reclaim the division. Things might have gone quite differently if the Cards had Palmer at Qb, but you never know with Carson.

ATS: Browns +3.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

One I fancy tonight is Mark Sanchez over 265 yards. Washington has a great rush defence but their pass defence is a bit suspect and they are missing pass rusher Jason Hatcher and inside linebacker Keenan Robinson. In their first meeting too, McCoy could get nothing going and think Sanchez will have some success this week.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    One I fancy tonight is Mark Sanchez over 265 yards. Washington has a great rush defence but their pass defence is a bit suspect and they are missing pass rusher Jason Hatcher and inside linebacker Keenan Robinson. In their first meeting too, McCoy could get nothing going and think Sanchez will have some success this week.

Well over 300 yards for Sparky

Couple of bets for the early games:
    Ravens -5
    Packers -10.5
    Jets +10.5

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    ATS: Redskins +7.5, Bears +8, Falcons +6, Ravens -5, Cowboys -3. Bets: 49ers win 1.91, Cardinals win 4.01, Chiefs win 2.4 1 unit each.

Shocking week on the bets, Cardinals and Chiefs especially poor ones, +6.08 with 66 staked and 75-55 ATS. ATS this week: Packers -7.5, Texans -10, Panthers +4, Bears +6.5, Chiefs -2.5, Eagles +2.5, Dolphins -6, Seahawks -13, Cardinals +6.

ATS: Broncos -14, Redskins +6, Patriots +5, Bengals +3.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I'm taking the Redskins at 11/5 on the nose.

Dallas have next to no benefit playing the starters all game. Haslett nearly had Romo killed last time out with the blitz packages.

And most of all, the skins and RGIII are giving it everything to finish things on a high.

Also fancy Washington for that game, but I'd almost fancy them either way regardless of who Dallas decides to start or not.

Alex Smith is out of Sunday's game with a ruptured spleen. I managed to grab some points on San Diego and also managed to back them to win the game at a fancy price. It'll make up for the Ravens Super Bowl outright ticket I have because once the Chargers win, the Ravens won't be going to the playoffs.

ATS: Ravens -13.5, Colts -7 and Saints -4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Going to allow my love for Conner Shaw at South Carolina to influence some off-the-wall bets today to spend some Christmas money.

€5 on First TD @ 40/1
    €5 on Last TD @ 40/1
    €10 on Anytime TD @ 9/1
    €2.50 on 2 TDs or More @ 90/1
    €1 on 3 TDs or More @ 190/1
    €5 on Over 183.5 Passing Yards @ 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chargers ML.

The Cowboys and Colts are pretty much both guaranteed to get the 4th seed in their conferences so I think they'll rest their players in the second half. With that in mind I'm doing a double of redskins +6 & titans +7.5.
    Also singles on:
    Giants -1
    Chargers +3

skippymac6 wrote: »
    The Cowboys and Colts are pretty much both guaranteed to get the 4th seed in their conferences so I think they'll rest their players in the second half. With that in mind I'm doing a double of redskins +6 & titans +7.5.
    Also singles on:
    Giants -1
    Chargers +3

Why bother on week 17!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Chargers ML.

Rarely been as pleased to lose a bet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Very profitable regular season, especially last 4 weeks, up over 16% overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Small wager on Lions to win the NFC at 33/1

Stranger things have happened. I think they'll be able to stop DeMarco Murray and IMO they probably match up best against the Seahawks of any team left in the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

On the Ravens tonight at 25/17 with Leveon Bell out,was going to back the Panthers too but by the time I could get post Christmas money in my account the line had moved too much. Still might put a small wager on them closer to kick off though.

Under 38 points in Carolina vs arizona. Both teams will look to establish the run and "shorten" the game.
    Big Ben over 300 yards passing. With no Bell and Ngata back for the ravens from suspension, the steelers will struggle to get any joy on the ground. If the steelers are to move the ball well, it will be on the back of Ben and Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Taking a double - cowboys and colts outirght, ~12/1

Thought Murray over 90 yards would be a cert but Packers D holding up well against the rush so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Taking a double - cowboys and colts outirght, ~12/1

That f**king overrulling!!

Neil3030 wrote: »
    That f**king overrulling!!

Very unlucky.

Next game:
    Andrew Luck over 42.5 pass attempts
    Andrew Luck over 301 yards
    Emmanuel Sanders over 78 yards

Who are we all backing for the SB? Pinnacle had the match priced up before Pats game finished so I backed them then at 2.33 (no bet if they lost Colts match) but they've shortened significantly to be slight favourites.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Who are we all backing for the SB? Pinnacle had the match priced up before Pats game finished so I backed them then at 2.33 (no bet if they lost Colts match) but they've shortened significantly to be slight favourites.

You'd have to imagine that the money will come for the Patriots from the casual fan (like last year on the Broncos) and I'd say the 10/11 will go down to about 5/6, maybe 4/5 closer to kick off.

It's a cliche but it really seems like a close one but I have this nagging feeling that Brady won't (or surely can't) lose three SB's in a row, so slightly leaning towards the pats...

Advertisement