Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Jets +3 and Saints -2.5 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Under 42 points in jets game
    Saints -3
    Flacco over 265.5 yards
    Over 50.5 points in saints game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Bills -2.5, 20/23

EDIT: also last minute bet on Flacco over 251.5 yards, 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

ATS picks so far for next week: Lions -7, Cowboys -3, 49ers -1.5, Colts -9.5, Chiefs +1.5, Patriots +3, Giants -2.5, Rams -7, Vikings -2.5, Cardinals -2.5, Bengals -3.5. No bets so far, will have a think about the Colts and Cardinals.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Bills -2.5, 20/23

EDIT: also last minute bet on Flacco over 251.5 yards, 5/6.

Haha, just checked and I had forgotten I actually had Bills -4.5 and over 33.5 points at 17/10 (€38)... got a nice surprise when I logged into my Paddy account! :p

Threw 12.5 on Saints -3.5 and over 49.5 total points at 15/8 just now.

• Advertisement

Was due a bad Monday (much like the Saints were at home on primetime) after tearing it up in all but one previously. Caps my worst gameweek this season, bleh.

Onto a new gameweek anyway.

Rest of the ATS, still no bets. Saints +5, Dolphins -6.5, Texans -6, Chargers +5.5, Browns +3.

Some Nice games for Thanksgiving tonight.

Under 47 points in Det vs Chi
    Detroit -7
    Cowboys -3
    Under 40 points in SF vs Sea

1 unit Cardinals win 1.8, 1 unit Bengals win 1.55, 1 unit Colts -9.5 1.92. Falcons are 0-7 outside of their division.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I seem to like all the favourites today, and historical stats back up a trend of favs covering on Thanksgiving. There is probably something solid in this, relative to other trends, in that a better team is probably better equipped to handle a short week. But then when you factor in coaches on top of that trend, Detroit start to look less attractive.

I just have a funny feeling either the Lions offense is going to go nuts tonight, or else their defense is going to get opened up badly like they haven't been so far this season. So I think it could be a blowout in one direction or the other. Maybe an over bet on a "largest lead of the game" ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Liking the Lions -7 and also the unders in that game. Will do one or the other, probably the former. Think their defence could do a job on the Bears tonight who have looked poor enough all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bears +7.

They've let me down on the handicap every single time I've backed them this season, so hopefully that changes today!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

for interest for the evening

detriot -6.5 @ 1.8
    cowboys -3.5 @ 2.0
    seattle moneyline @ 2.05

triple - €24.50 pays €180.81

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lions -7.5 at 1/1 seems like a great bet to me. I'm on that for a big chunk, expecting a big performance after the loss last week to the Patriots.

I backed Matt Forte to two tds at 12s for fun and its likely to happen if I'm going to lose the first bet. Its a small attempt at a cover bet that could win and my first bet can win too.

TD Bears on the 1st drive, great start to the unders and Det -7!!

On Bears myself, though I had to take them in-play which I'm already half regretting as my bet didn't process. Smh. I'll throw up a slip if it cashes.

On Cowboys -3 later.

Over 24 2H.

Just before the game I stuck a small bet on this one too.

Going on the Eagles straight in this one. Just can't see Romo being good enough against their D.

Backing the Cowboys in play here to win at 3.1 (not going into log that's only for pre game bets).

• Advertisement

Philly +6.5 2H and Under 30 2H.

Doubling up the Seahawks straight and over 40.5 in the late game to hopefully top off a very nice day.

49ers -1.5

Do or die.

Have a small bet on Marshawn for two tds @ 6/1, guy is due a big td haul after two blanks the last two weeks.

50% on the four last night but I got the Cowboys badly wrong. Very impressed with the Eagles but in that wacky NFC East it wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys went into Phily in two weeks and knocked them off. I doubt the Cowboys Line can play that badly again.

Going to try something a little different today since there's nothing I feel overly confident about, putting four €5 trebles on each permutation of Vikings -2.5 (5/6), Steelers -4 (10/11), Colts/Redskins over 50.5pts (20/21) and Browns/Bills under 42.5pts (20/21). They pay out at around €34-36 each and all 6pm games so should make for a bit of fun without having to pull my hair out like last week! :D

Put another €5 treble on Newton over 218.5 yards, Dalton over 234.5 and Stanton over 244.5 at just over 5/1.

Also have a €10 freebet I needed to use by the end of the day on Ravens, Steelers, Rams, Colts and Cardinals all to win at 5.5/1 because of PP's 20% bonus offer.

Browns +3
    Ravens -6.5
    Buccs +4

Singles and a treble

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Went with just a straight up accumulator for the early games just for an interest in them.
    Looking reasonable at the moment except for Cincinnati.
    Gambled on buffalo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Steelers are breaking my heart here ... only team losing in an 8 team accumulator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

GBX wrote: »
    Steelers are breaking my heart here ... only team losing in an 8 team accumulator

We're the same with myself only for Giants imploding as well

Advertisement