Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Chargers +2.5 -- If they drop this one they have lost three straight and might be overtaken by Kansas City who play at home to the jets. I just feel Rivers will make enough plays to ultimately get them the win.
    Cowboys -2.5 -- The Cardinals have been brilliant this year especially on defence where they dealt with the loss of key guys through injury or few agency and haven't missed a beat. Even if Romo isn't 100% I think that they Cowboys run game will set up a few scores and they'll get the job done.
    Colts -3 -- The Giants need this game badly but they are banged up. Cruz is already out and JPP and Roders Cromarterie have done little or no practice this week. Iff JPP is out then Luck will have all kinda of time to throw and I can't see the Giants secondary being able to stop him, especially if DRC is out

Well the less said about that the better. The chargers were completely out played and just got mauled. After the cowboys went 10-0 up they have up 28 unanswered points and just looked terrible when Weedan was asked to pass it. They've got a great running game but if Romo isn't there they'll struggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    Check out the Pats/Broncos under for points (51), Manning passing yards (315 I think) and Brady (285 I think) - there's a blizzard going on there!

Right now I have:
    €110 on Bortles under 330.5 passing yards at 5/6
    €18 on Bridgewater over 235.5 passing yards at 5/6
    €18 on Vick over 194.5 passing yards at 4/5
    €10 free bet treble on Vick/Bridgewater and Rivers (254.5 yards) at 5.05/1
    I had to pop over to the auld fellas for dinner but obviously Bortles got close. Rivers got pulled disappointingly but understandably, buy I was disgusted to see Vick what I thought was pulled... only to find out when a friend texted me that he was injured, came back in and finished on 196 yards! :D

Also I see all is fine for Broncos/Pats conditions. Missed the chance to hit the unders before Paddy paid my bets, blessing in disguise I guess!

Small €10 bet on the Rams to win at 5/2. Not holding my breath but their defensive line is dominating and in a tied game it's tough not to take those odds, especially if they get Kaepernick more frustrated.

€11 on Raiders/Seahawks to be over 47.5 points to cover the bet above - seems a really low total for 27 first half points, especially if the Seahawks get a bigger lead and take a foot off in the fourth quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Janey... 49ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

+4.85 with 41 staked.

€11 on Raiders/Seahawks to be over 47.5 points to cover the bet above - seems a really low total for 27 first half points, especially if the Seahawks get a bigger lead and take a foot off in the fourth quarter.

Hit on both of them... unbelievable stand from the Rams!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Going with Baltimore at 2.20 for 2 pts.

€10 on Ravens +1.5 and over 47.5 total points @ 23/10.
    €12 on Forsett to rush for over 73.5 yards @ 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

had cardinals, patriots and steelers, waiting on the giants. cash out for €197 or let it ride for €528 for a stake of €24.68 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

2smiggy wrote: »
    had cardinals, patriots and steelers, waiting on the giants. cash out for €197 or let it ride for €528 for a stake of €24.68 ?

Hard call, 197 is undervaluing your bet by about €25 though. Id be quite happy with getting nearly 200 out of a 25 stake however, even if the giants go on and win.

If you're going to cash out now you shouldn't have even put them in your accumulator. Got to stick it out for me.

This dilemma is exactly why I don't like doing accumulators that include TNF, SNF or MNF games - too much second guessing and waiting if the earlier ones come off. I prefer to just use the 6/9pm games on Sunday for them and put a portion of the winnings on the next day.

Over/under is at 50 tonight, really think the Colts should win this but I never like betting against a team coming off a bye week. I am kind of tempted to take the over and Andre Williams to go over 63.5 yards with Rashad Jennings out but have a bad feeling I would get stuck screwed via RB-by-committee like last night (why the hell did the Ravens not give the ball to Forsett more, by the way? Really irritating since I had the over on him, and he was playing pretty well too).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

On NY Giants +3 at 2.0 for 3 Pts.
    Good luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Been on the Colts all week, waiting on them for a treble but may have a little cover dart on the Giants, cause I hate them and they screw me lots.

€30 for the over on 50 points.

Just cashed out, but will put 50 back on the giants. Know I'm losing bit overall, but still be up a bit. I have had about 5 weeks of similar bets with 1 team losing. Just had the luxury of a cash out this week

Took giants plus memphis 50 to return 184.

After taking one last look at it, I am still happy with my Colts bet, and have also back the over 50 line.

Not going to do the cover bet, actually put more on the Colts :) I may regret it, but it is what it is

Popped €10 on Colts -3 at kickoff... had completely forgotten about Cruz, would've taken 51.5 points and Colts -2.5 at 12/5 otherwise!

• Advertisement

Popped €10 on Colts -3 at kickoff... had completely forgotten about Cruz, would've taken 51.5 points and Colts -2.5 at 12/5 otherwise!

...that lovely moment when you realise you accidentally made the wrong bet, for higher odds, and it paid off. Turns out I DID have the 12/5 bet after all, though it was -3.5 not -2.5. :D

2014_11_04_04_57_24.jpg

There's my €30 bet at the bottom for the over also - the €45 bet was Colts -3 by a mate who texted asking me to put it on for him 5 minutes before kickoff.

We did the same bet :)

ftn8lXC.png

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Chargers +2.5 -- If they drop this one they have lost three straight and might be overtaken by Kansas City who play at home to the jets. I just feel Rivers will make enough plays to ultimately get them the win.
    Cowboys -2.5 -- The Cardinals have been brilliant this year especially on defence where they dealt with the loss of key guys through injury or few agency and haven't missed a beat. Even if Romo isn't 100% I think that they Cowboys run game will set up a few scores and they'll get the job done.
    Colts -3 -- The Giants need this game badly but they are banged up. Cruz is already out and JPP and Roders Cromarterie have done little or no practice this week. Iff JPP is out then Luck will have all kinda of time to throw and I can't see the Giants secondary being able to stop him, especially if DRC is out

Colts saved some face but overall a bad weekend just gone.

Some close to call games this weekend coming, looking forward to the 49rs and Saints match. Not exactly an elimination game for the loser esp with the NFC South being so bad, but the 49rs really need this one with two games against the Hawks still to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Not NFL, but apparently Florida State will be underdogs against Miami next week, which is pretty unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can't find any prices on that, how many points are they expecting FSU to be catching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Bateman wrote: »
    Can't find any prices on that, how many points are they expecting FSU to be catching?

Don't know yet. Usually not officially released until after this week's games. Just relaying what I've heard from someone who is usually right about these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sound, must keep an eye on the sporting insights site and the usual twitter fiends:)

6-7 last week ATS, 17-11 overall. Bengals -6.5 tonight for that.

Don't know yet. Usually not officially released until after this week's games. Just relaying what I've heard from someone who is usually right about these things.

Would be surprised, would also be more then likely having a decent sized bet on FSU in that scenario :)

• Advertisement

Bengals -6.
    AJ Green with a game under his belt, running game going well without Bernard and the defence is due a big game. Cleveland can't run the ball and have struggled against arguably the three worst teams the last three weeks (Jags, Raiders and Buccs). Short week into the bargain too.

Advertisement