Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Break even thanks to falcons being at evs. Thank god I didn't trust big ben. Disappointed I didn't push on chiefs in a single. But break even essentially so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Really need the bears to get in here to help this over.
    The Gb side of the bet is safe

Ah nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Just doing out my own lines for week 11 and the hardest game I had to try and evaluate was the Chiefs hosting the Seahawks. I Finally went with the Chiefs as a point favourites but could easily have gone the other way. The Chiefs deserve to be favourites in that one and they are really grinding out the wins at the minute. Hopefully sky show that game as the only other two they could be considering from the early games is Bengals @ Saints or 49rs @ Giants but surely there would be more clamour for the Chiefs and Seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Just doing out my own lines for week 11 and the hardest game I had to try and evaluate was the Chiefs hosting the Seahawks. I Finally went with the Chiefs as a point favourites but could easily have gone the other way. The Chiefs deserve to be favourites in that one and they are really grinding out the wins at the minute. Hopefully sky show that game as the only other two they could be considering from the early games is Bengals @ Saints or 49rs @ Giants but surely there would be more clamour for the Chiefs and Seahawks.

Winner winner chicken dinner.... traditional teams

Deco99 wrote: »
    Winner winner chicken dinner.... traditional teams

Ye I was thinking that but I just checked and it the Chiefs game is on at 6pm on Sunday so happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Ye I was thinking that but I just checked and it the Chiefs game is on at 6pm on Sunday so happy with that.

on Sky?

I checked on the website and it said 49ers

Yeah checked it on the Sky TV listings website.

Tried to do a screen print there so I've just attached it as an excel file...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Done my treble already

Cleveland -3 to beat Houston
    Over 50.5pts Denver @ Rams
    San Diego -9.5 to beat a woeful Raiders outfit

Only shaky one i see out of that is Cleveland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Like the look of the Patriots away to Colts, should be favourites for me. Vikings +3.5 is another one that amazes me. All over that after the Bears performance last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Luck is pretty good in the dome but I have already put a bet on the Pats on the money line for this. Brady is an animal in the dome also, naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm having a couple of bets tonight. My bigger bets are on Mark Sanchez under 281.5 yards passing. and Cam Newton over 37.5 rushing yards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Over 47.5 pts at 1.862 for 4 Pts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

€15 on Stewart to rush over 42.5 yards at evens.
    €10 on over 48.5 & Eagles -3.5 at 7/5.

In play, just jumped on the Panthers straight @ 18/5

+5.45 with 46 staked, 9-4 ATS on the week, 26-15. 1 unit each on Vikings (2.48) and Patriots (2.31) to win.

I don't like going over 6.5 points but Saints -7 against Bengals is very tempting. OVer/under is 50.5 so might see if Saints -7/over 44.5 or so has decent odds when it comes out.

49ers -4.5 against the Giants, in NY or not, in frankly a little insane looking. Giants defence is riddled with injuries and their offense has been very poor - they had 17 against the Seahawks, but one TD came off starting on Seattle's 24 from a pick and the other drive relied on a 44 yarder from Beckham (who has admittedly looked very good the last two weeks). Against the Colts so-so defense they had 24 points, but 14 were junk time TDs down 40-10 in the fourth. Over/under is 43.5 points so tempted to wait to see if 49ers -4/over 43.5 is around 13/8 whenever they come out too.

Vikings +3.5 against the Bears as has been mentioned is probably too good to turn down. Keep an eye on Bridgewater's over/under passing yards too (not out til Saturday on PP) because the Giants safeties and scheming are horrific.

Falcons +1.5 in Carolina too - Star Lotuleilei (sp?) is surely going to at least struggle with his ankle because that looked horrific last night - thankfully apparently no bones broken. The rest of their D is awful while Cam and the receivers are all struggling badly... decent chance Derek Anderson starts. Falcons will get a boost from the Bucs win and despite the second half collapse stil lshould have beaten the Lions in London, when Detroit got a second chance at a FG from their own delay of game (or false start? Can't remember) penalty.

PP do a 20% bonus for bets of 5 or more handicaps/matches so I'm going to lob in the Chargers just to win at 2/11 which brings the odds from 11.33/1 to 15.28/1 and stick €10 on. In other words... get ready for the Raiders to pull off the upset of the season! :D:o

Also not NFL related but when I went on to Paddy Power to check the odds a pop up showed up that gave me even odds on Murray to beat Raonic tonight when the normal price is 1/2 on. Put on the maximum allowed of €26... win or lose, can't argue with doubling the odds! :)

1 unit Packers -5 1.96. ATS picks for this week: Bills +5, Browns -3, Vikings +3.5, Packers -5, Chiefs -1.5, Falcons +1.5, Bengals +7.5, Buccaneers +7.5, Broncos -9, Giants +4, Chargers -10.5, Lions +2, Patriots +2.5, Steelers -5.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

My lines for this week were:
    Thursday, Nov. 13
    Bills at Dolphins +1

Sunday, Nov. 16
    Vikings at Bears -3
    Texans at Browns -2.5
    Eagles at Packers -6.5
    Seahawks at Chiefs -1
    Falcons at Panthers +1
    Bengals at Saints -5.5
    Buccaneers at Redskins +2.5
    Broncos at Rams +7
    49ers at Giants +3
    Raiders at Chargers -10
    Lions at Cardinals -5.5
    Patriots at Colts -2.5

Monday, Nov. 17
    Steelers at Titans +6.5

Bye: Jaguars, Ravens, Cowboys, Jets

Couple of thoughts based on my own lines this week (Redskins game I just got wrong, obviously didn’t think enough :D ). The two teams I don’t think are getting enough respect are Arizona and Buffalo. Buffalo are a team that I know have been backed by sharp money for weeks, so I am loathe to presume I can just climb on the bandwagon and win bets at this stage. However I just don’t rate Miami very highly, no matter how impressive their D stats are. If you suspect that the Bears and the Panthers have downed tools for the season (as opposed to being classic play-your-hardest, bounce-back opportunities) then you have decent spots to oppose them IMO. So Vikings and Falcons definitely at least leans as of today.

Double at 2.36/1 on Bridgewater to pass for over 244.5 yards @ Chicago, and Rivers to pass for over 253.5 yards vs. Oakland (in San Diego). Both are 5/6 and strike me as extremely low lines - the only worry with Rivers is the Chargers having a massive lead by half time and not passing much... they played a few weeks ago (when the Raiders had a bye week to prepare, in Oakland) and Rivers had 313 yards. I reckon it's just such a low line due to them coming off a bye week, and him having arguably the worst game of his career in Miami the week before that.

As for Bridgewater... the Bears defence is just phenomenally bad, and is more prone to the long pass. No pass rush, embarrassingly poor safeties, a few key injuries, and horrendous scheming. Just have to hope their offence can put something together to make it a competitive game because I've had money on Bridgewater before, and have noticed the Vikings are sometimes far too conservative with the lead. The Bears though have given up at least 255 yards in their last seven straight games, and 300+ yards in four of those games. Since week 3 they have comfortably been the worst pass defence in the league, at least in terms of yardage and yards per attempt.

I don't like that Billy. As a matter of fact I'd fancy the under on Bridgewater. I think the the Vikings are going to use the ground game a lot as they potentially have a very big decision to make on Monday about Peterson and they'll want to be sure of what they have got without him.

Ryan Matthews has practiced almost a full two weeks and is back now and I'd imagine he will get plenty of the ball. Its a very tight line on Rivers, I wouldn't fancy it either way.

• Advertisement

Nothing really appeals in the first set of games so I am going to take a money line treble on the Broncos, Saints and 49rs.

The two I like are the Lions +1 -- Stanton has been good deputising for Palmer this year but this Lions defensive line has been brilliant and I think they force enough mistakes from him and do enough on offence to get the win.

Packers -5.5 -- Sanchez has done well so far but it will be different up in Lambeau. If the Packers don't give away big plays to the Eagles defence or on special teams, I'm not sure the Eagles offence keeps pace with Rodgers and the rest of his weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Here are my lines and bets this week (actual lines in brackets). Biggest play this week is the Seahawks at the Chiefs. Packers seems like a square bet as they're coming off a big win, but I dunno, my line says it should be more than a touchdown.

6pm
    Vikings @ Bears +1 (+3)
    Seahawks @ Chiefs +5 (-1.5)
    Falcons @ Panthers +1 (+1.5)
    Bengals @ Saints -9 (-7)
    Bucs @ Redskins -10 (-7)
    Broncos @ Rams +10 (+9)
    49ers @ Giants +6 (+4)
    Texans @ Browns -3 (-3.5)

9pm
    Raiders @ Chargers -7.5 (-10.5)
    Lions @ Cardinals +2 (-1)
    Eagles @ Packers -8 (-6)

SNF
    Patriots @ Colts -4 (-3)

Love
    Seahawks +1.5 @ Chiefs

Packers -6 vs. Eagles
    Redskins -7 vs. Bucs
    Raiders +10.5 @ Chargers
    Lions +1 @ Cardinals

Lean
    Colts -3 vs. Patriots
    Saints -7 vs. Bengals
    Vikings +3 @ Bears
    49ers -4 @ Giants

Pass
    Falcons @ Panthers
    Broncos @ Rams
    Texans @ Browns

Bets
    4 units Seahawks money-line @ Chiefs, 2.05
    2 units Redskins -7 vs. Bucs
    2 units Lions +1 @ Cardinals
    1.5 units Packers -6 vs. Eagles
    1 unit Raiders +10.5 @ Chargers

1 unit accumulator: Saints -7 vs. Bengals, 49ers -4 @ Giants, Colts -3 vs. Patriots, @ 7.1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

You must be with Paddypower to be getting 6 for the Packers. Everywhere else is -5 or -5.5 at most.

Like Packers, Lions, Bears and Broncos. Some of the trends for the Colts are off putting for tonight, but I have to look at it that more in depth to get a better feel later today. Have a feeling the Hawks game is a trap, but we'll see.

They're -5.5 on Paddy too, were 5 until this morning or last night. I've not put anything on it yet, but tempted on Packers -2.5 and over 48.5 at 10/11 or -6.5 and over 48.5 and 2/1.

Also Sanchez under 275.5 passing yards is tempting. As much sh!t at us Green Bay fans give Capers for getting bent over every time we play either an elite QB or a QB who can be devastating with the pass or run (hello, Kaepernick!) he is very good at usually bullying average QBs throughout the game (Cutler and Stafford will attest to this) which I think will be a major factor tonight despite Sanchez looking to fit the Eagles system very well. Also added to that Clay should be playing a lot of ILB again where (yes, the Bears are woeful but still...) he was fantastic last week and showed up everywhere - go short right and he's there, go short left and he's there, go over the middle and he's there, take longer and he's crashing in on a blitz. Haha Dix and Hyde also to an extent have helped our shocking safety play from last year so we are not as vulnerable deep over the middle, and Clay might go some way to helping out at ILB where we were equally poor and were otherwise only marginally improved this season. Also, we did good against Forte running last week but I expect the Eagles to run a bit more and take some sting out of the crowd by looking to keep the ball longer - obviously this also means less passing yards for Sanchez.

Sanchez under 281.5 yards is available on 365

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Padraig, PP have enhanced the price for Seahawks to win from evens too 9/5.

Adding the Buccs +7 against the redskins. Not sold on Griffen yet and McCown played pretty well last week. Jackson finally looks healthy and Evans is playing very well. Worried about their defence but +7 is fair enough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going with the standard accumulator this week. Saints, 49ers, broncos, redskins and chargers to win.
    Hopefully no bloody upset like the jets last weekend.

Anytime td scorers fun accum on Roddy White, Ryan Matthews, Mark Ingram, Randal Cobb, Emmanuel Sanders and Frank Gore. Pays over 30/1

I'm taking the Saints -9.5 as my big bet of the day.

• Advertisement

There's always rats an upset Lucky

My own pick for an upset this week is the Giants over the 9ers

Advertisement