Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4, Episode 9; *HAVE NOT* Read the Books MOD NOTE Post 347

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

How many wildlings were supposed to have gotten in? I mean, it's not like they defeated all the wildlings. There are still thousands of them there getting ready to stage another attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Worst episode of the season so far.

An attempt at defending the wall so inept I was up for the wildlings after a couple of minutes.

Jon Snow showing no ill effects from having his head smashed against an anvil by a 9ft advisory took the biscuit.

The demise of the woefull 'you knoooo nothin' girl will at least raise the aggregate acting talent of the whole cast..

Woeful? cen fá?
    I think she is a fine actress

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

How many wildlings were supposed to have gotten in? I mean, it's not like they defeated all the wildlings. There are still thousands of them there getting ready to stage another attack.

The said several times that they still outnumber them 1000 to 1 after that battle

I will say this, Mance Rayder got some pretty bad tactics..
    Surely would have made sense for the Wildlings who had stormed Castle Black to have tried to open the gates from the inside ASAP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

kowloon wrote: »

Didn't realise he actually directed the battle at the blackwater too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 shmalentine

Timmyctc wrote: »
    All the people you've been talking to are either stupid or the ilk of people who read books first and say "Its much more exciting in your imagination" -_-

That's right , call people names youve never met because they don't share your opinion. The internet was invented for people like you after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Worst episode of the season so far.

An attempt at defending the wall so inept I was up for the wildlings after a couple of minutes.

Jon Snow showing no ill effects from having his head smashed against an anvil by a 9ft advisory took the biscuit.

The demise of the woefull 'you knoooo nothin' girl will at least raise the aggregate acting talent of the whole cast..

You knoooo nothin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

wprathead wrote: »
    Surely would have made sense for the Wildlings who had stormed Castle Black to have tried to open the gates from the inside ASAP?

They were kind of busy fighting the Watch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

That's right , call people names youve never met because they don't share your opinion. The internet was invented for people like you after all.

Woah. harrye134qt2.8333.jpg
    Calm Down. I only called them one name :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Dempsey wrote: »
    The said several times that they still outnumber them 1000 to 1 after that battle
    TBH, with those walls, a steady supply of rocks to drop and I'd fancy my chances.
    Unless there's more giants about...
    Is it too late to collapse the tunnel? :D

• Advertisement

They'd have to get to the top of the wall to do that? They looked like they were never even close to doing so.
    How did that little kid pull the elevator up and down anyway now I think of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Touch of the Han Zimmer's with tonights episode....not sure if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    They'd have to get to the top of the wall to do that? They looked like they were never even close to doing so.
    How did that little kid pull the elevator up and down anyway now I think of it...

I think it was just some lever he pushed back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shmalentine

Woah.
    Calm Down. I only called them one name :pac:

You know nuuuuuuthing Timmyctc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

The music was class throughout. Anybody know if its online anywhere?

I didn't really get any tugged heartstrings TBH when Ygritte got twanged. She was so minor to the show that you could safely forget about her for the whole season.

Blay wrote: »
    They were kind of busy fighting the Watch....

*slow clap*
    I'm aware of that ha

What I mean is Gren and 5 of the Watch were able to sneak of down the tunnel - surely Mance orders should have been to open the gate as soon as was possible.. suppose that is why they are wildlings and got too caught up in the fighting..
    Dan_Solo wrote:

Ah, the way to open the gate is from the top of the wall - forgot that:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Key bit in that episode for me was ''They were testing our defenses'' which makes me believe unless they get support from the south Jon Snow and co all die next week when the full Wilding army is sent in.

Great episode..bit disappointed we didn't hear more from the trial in Kings landing which will probably leave us waiting until March for other storylines to be settled

*slow clap*
    I'm aware of that ha

What I mean is Gren and 5 of the Watch were able to sneak of down the tunnel - surely Mance orders should have been to open the gate as soon as was possible.. suppose that is why they are wildlings and got too caught up in the fighting..

That's the point...it wasn't immediately possible..they were kinda busy killing the NW as fast as they could. The gate has to be winched up so going down the tunnel to where Grenn etc. were wouldn't have helped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

They open the big mahoosive gate at the base of the wall from the top of the wall??? I'm watchin a different show I reckon

• Advertisement

Ah, the way to open the gate is from the top of the wall - forgot that:o
    Maybe that kid pulls up the gate and 1000 foot chain like he does the elevator... :)

Maybe that kid pulls up the gate and 1000 foot chain like he does the elevator... :)

Guymon.png

bantee wrote: »
    They open the big mahoosive gate at the base of the wall from the top of the wall??? I'm watchin a different show I reckon
    Not sure where the winching is done from now I think back. Snow signals back behind him and it starts to get winched up. Certainly looks like it's from up above the gate somewhere, not near the castle side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sorry to see Ygritte go, she was a great character. More than Oberyn last week since he hardly appeared in the series. The parts of the battle that took part at the outer wall were disappointing- why did they only have one mammoth at the gate, when they seem to have a good earlier in the battle? Just idn't enjoy the episode as much as Blackwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Not sure where the winching is done from now I think back. Snow signals back behind him and it starts to get winched up. Certainly looks like it's from up above the gate somewhere, not near the castle side.

Cheers, makes sense that it's prob winched from the top alright

Sorry to see Ygritte go, she was a great character. More than Oberyn last week since he hardly appeared in the series. The parts of the battle that took part at the outer wall were disappointing- why did they only have one mammoth at the gate, when they seem to have a good earlier in the battle? Just idn't enjoy the episode as much as Blackwater.

They only showed one mammoth and two giants, one ran off after the mammoth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Dempsey wrote: »

That's what I'm saying. People are complaining that the watch defended the wall, but they just defended them against one attack and there are still thousands of wildlings left.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Didn't realise he actually directed the battle at the blackwater too.

He seems to have been a good choice for the battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Obviously I'm a massive GoT fan and I love every single episode but I was a bit disappointed with that episode. I know I'm going against the grain here but I would've preferred to see more of the other storylines as well as the big battle at the Wall. I'm dying to know what's going to happen to Tyrion, so I suppose that's why I was disappointed in this episode.

I did get a bit teary seeing Pip and the lads dead at the gate, when Jon said they didn't let the gate fall...touching moment...

Only one episode left!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The kid that killed Ygritte?

Advertisement