Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4, Episode 9; *HAVE NOT* Read the Books MOD NOTE Post 347

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ghost <3

Thanks fnck Ghost survived - couldn't have handled another Direwolf dying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I have watched this at least 20 times in the last hour.

And I will watch it at least 20 more in the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

wprathead wrote: »
    Thanks fnck Ghost survived - couldn't have handled another Direwolf dying

Yeah, that would have been a ... DIRE situation...

You know nuttin Timmy Snoooooow

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Essien wrote: »
    Same here, which means he'll probably be killed off next week.

Sad but true! I started cursing at the laptop when Ygritte had the arrow pointed at Jon and he started laughing. I thought right that's Jon done for and just pictured ole Georgie sitting back in his chair laughing at us...again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Good episode, the giants and mammoths were amazing! That scene where the giant was running towards the inner gate, it made me want to run away too!:o I'd thought the white walkers might have made an appearance but that might be for the next season! As Ygritte dies: 'You know nothing Jon Snow', brilliant last line from her!:D Really worried the Hound is going to die in the next episode too!:(

Could anyone remind me why the little boy is there? Poor dote, I was terrified he'd get killed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Wait, was Aerys Aegon's son or grandson? I thought Aerys would have been the son of Aegon and the father of Daenerys, which would make Aemon Daenerys' granduncle or something?
    Aerys is Aemon's grand-nephew in the canon and nephew in the show.

Good episode, the giants and mammoths were amazing! That scene where the giant was running towards the inner gate, it made me want to run away too!:o I'd thought the white walkers might have made an appearance but that might be for the next season! As Ygritte dies: 'You know nothing Jon Snow', brilliant last line from her!:D Really worried the Hound is going to die in the next episode too!:(

Could anyone remind me why the little boy is there? Poor dote, I was terrified he'd get killed!

The wildlings raided his village - Ygritte killed his parents and the Bald Cannibal threatened to eat his parents.. as much as i liked Ygritte was glad the kid got some revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Not sure why people are so amazed by the giants and the mammoths. How long did it take them to break down that gate?

Mountain would have done it in 5 seconds tops. Like he did with Elia.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Not sure why people are so amazed by the giants and the mammoths. How long did it take them to break down that gate?

Mountain would have done it in 5 seconds tops. Like he did with Elia.

Run along and play kiddo.....like a good lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

1364407000.jpg

"WITH ME NOW.... NOW WITH ME!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jvrodriguez

Would I be missing much if I decided to read on from the end of this current season?

I only have Game of Thrones read. The Leaving isnt very merciful when it comes to spare time. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Would I be missing much if I decided to read on from the end of this current season?

I only have Game of Thrones read. The Leaving isnt very merciful when it comes to spare time. :/

Meh, continue reading from Clash from Kings (i.e, the second book), you would be utterly confuddled if you started with book 4. Theres at least 20 book characters that have been dropped/merged or renamed so you'd spend half your time working out who is who.
    Also they aren't doing a straight bookX to SeriesX adaption, bit of book 5 have been already shown, whilst parts of earlier books have yet to be shown.

wprathead wrote: »
    The wildlings raided his village - Ygritte killed his parents and the Bald Cannibal threatened to eat his parents.. as much as i liked Ygritte was glad the kid got some revenge

Infact, more I think about this, the kid got what Oberyn wanted so badly in the past episode - justice. Pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jvrodriguez

Meh, continue reading from Clash from Kings (i.e, the second book), you would be utterly confuddled if you started with book 4. Theres at least 20 book characters that have been dropped/merged or renamed so you'd spend half your time working out who is who.
    Also they aren't doing a straight bookX to SeriesX adaption, bit of book 5 have been already shown, whilst parts of earlier books have yet to be shown.

That's what I was worried about. Ah well.
    Nothing beats reading the book ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ygrittes death was probably the saddest of this season. Great episode though, pity we have to wait until next week for an update on Tyrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ygrittes death was probably the saddest of this season. Great episode though, pity we have to wait until next week for an update on Tyrion.

Sadder than Oberyn? You monster..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Wait, was Aerys Aegon's son or grandson? I thought Aerys would have been the son of Aegon and the father of Daenerys, which would make Aemon Daenerys' granduncle or something?

Grandson. His son was called Jaehaerys but I don't think it's explicitly mentioned in the show. Apologies if that kind of info isn't welcome in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

GerB40 wrote: »
    Sadder than Oberyn? You monster..

That was more shocking and gruesome than sad. I kinda saw it coming as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

RIP to those six Brothers. Slayed that giant and held the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

One thing for sure about that episode is that I've never seen production quality like it anywhere else on TV. It was just outstanding to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Class episode like watching a big budget feature film, loved it ,pity Ygritte died she was a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭naughto

maxfresh wrote: »
    Class episode like watching a big budget feature film, loved it ,pity Ygritte died she was a beauty.

That she was no wonder john wanted to go back to the cave.
    That's the 2nd ep where there has being no boobies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Jon Snow looked like a broken man at the end. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shmalentine

A lot of people I'v been talking to found it pretty boring, I thought it was a tad underwhelming but not boring.

They could have done less with the Sam scenes in my opinion. There were a lot of great scenes as well though ; giants and the wall, Thornes surprising skillage with a sword and the big axey thing slating the ones climbing up the wall were a few I thought were done really well.

Sad to see Ygritte go, the actress that plays her is great.

They're gonna be packing a lot into next weeks episode with the amount of story lines that need to be addressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

A lot of people I'v been talking to found it pretty boring, I thought it was a tad underwhelming but not boring.
    The only thing it was missing was Mance Rayder but hopefully we'll get more Ciaran Hinds next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Amazing episode,best of the season and that's saying something.Not a huge fan of the whole Castle Black/take the Wall storyline but that was an epic battle scene.Only ruined by the Sam/Gilly love affair.

GOT rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Regarding Ygrittes death.

I'll miss her ginger minge :(;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Of all the words to use to describe that episode, "boring" would not be one of them. It was bloody non-stop action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

They could have done less with the Sam scenes in my opinion. There were a lot of great scenes as well though ; giants and the wall, Thornes surprising skillage with a sword and the big axey thing slating the ones climbing up the wall were a few I thought were done really well.

Sad to see Ygritte go, the actress that plays her is great.

They're gonna be packing a lot into next weeks episode with the amount of story lines that need to be addressed

All the people you've been talking to are either stupid or the ilk of people who read books first and say "Its much more exciting in your imagination" -_-

Advertisement