Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4, Episode 9; *HAVE NOT* Read the Books MOD NOTE Post 347

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Seriously getting emotionally attached to this show. Catch myself thinking every few minutes about it as if it's real life

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hmm, to watch the promo or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

It's all I think about all week - cannot wait to watch this tomorrow.

Dreading when the season ends - how will I be able to wait a whole year for the next season?

Think I'll have to read all the books to get my fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Dreading when the season ends - how will I be able to wait a whole year for the next season?

Good news, you don't have to wait a whole year, only 42 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

What time is it on at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

It's all I think about all week - cannot wait to watch this tomorrow.

Think I'll have to read all the books to get my fix.

I bought the books the other day and wasnt sure what order they were in , in relation to the show , so i picked one up and read one line from the back of it and spoilered the **** out of the rest of this season:(
    The one i picked was the first book of next season , gutted , had done so well avoiding spoilers:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

gizabeer wrote: »
    I bought the books the other day and wasnt sure what order they were in , in relation to the show , so i picked one up and read one line from the back of it and spoilered the **** out of the rest of this season:(
    The one i picked was the first book of next season , gutted , had done so well avoiding spoilers:mad:

I met an American during the week and we got to talking about the show and how he missed last week's episode, and he said "Has it got to X yet?" and my mouth dropped open. Bet it was the same spoiler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Hah, I did the same thing when I'd only read the first two books (had lost interest in reading the series at that stage so wasn't too bothered about spoilers and had a look over the blurbs).

The first sentence of the Dance With Dragons blurb is so spoiler-rich, it's hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

To stream or not to stream...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

FearDark wrote: »
    To stream or not to stream...

I'm dying to, can you pm a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm dying to know what spoiler you're talkin about. Any chance you'd PM me which one it was?? I've read the books so you won't be ruining it for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm dying to know what spoiler you're talkin about. Any chance you'd PM me which one it was?? I've read the books so you won't be ruining it for me..
    Season 4, Episode 9; The Watchers on the Wall' *HAVE NOT* Read the Books

-_-

• Registered Users Posts: 14,535 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Timmyctc wrote: »
    -_-

Book readers are allowed to post in the non reader threads. I've read the books and I made the thread:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Blay wrote: »
    Book readers are allowed to post in the non reader threads. I've read the books and I made the thread:pac:

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This needs to be stickied :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

kryogen wrote: »
    This needs to be stickied :)

But they're not allowed to post anything related to the book nor how the show compares with it.

Also. Not a dig or anything but I don't get why some book people slyly or openly come into the *NOT* thread when they have their own perfectly tailored thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Wow, that was good.
    Poor old Ygritte..was holding out for one last nude scene, not to be. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

That whole episode was tense as f**k! But it looks like the typical GoT "episode 9" is next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Resonator75

Great stuff, reminded me of the large scale stuff in LOTR. Still have to wait till next week to find out what happens after last week. Poor old blood pressure...

Timmyctc wrote: »
    But they're not allowed to post anything related to the book nor how the show compares with it.

Also. Not a dig or anything but I don't get why some book people slyly or openly come into the *NOT* thread when they have their own perfectly tailored thread.

I can see the attraction, they already know whats going to happen so they would probably be curious to see what people who are seeing it blind so to speak make of it, see how they react (to one knife through the heart from Martin after another!)

I would imagine, from comments I have read from book readers in non book readers threads, there is a lot of bitching about things that are not exactly like they were in the book and stuff like that and maybe to actual have a good discussion of the episode itself they feel more comfortable in with the non readers

Not to be confused with the dicks who come in pretending to not have read the books and make "guesses" about future events, they are just weird.

• Advertisement

I fcking posted a spoiler here by mistake thinking it was the reader thread.

Deleted it about 5 sec later, sincerely apologise to anyone who saw it, hopefully nobody.

That whole episode was tense as f**k! But it looks like the typical GoT "episode 9" is next week.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I's say episode 8 was the episode for that this season with the big shock at the end, even if it was well telegraphed

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭thefa

They pulled off a good action episode. Wasn't getting tired of the battle sequences at any stage with the interactions breaking it up where needed. Some of the aerial shots and that panoramic shot they done of the skirmish within Castle Black were class and pulled it all together.

Alliser Thorne's actor was made for that role. Was disappointed Janos Slynt survived. Jon's plan seems flawed but I still don't see him dying. Ygritte's death finished that love story off nicely I felt. Bit of irony in the sense that she was killed by an arrow and by the boy the wildlings allowed live but the relationship going any further would have been a bit much.

Having the whole episode based at the wall worked better than it would have skipping between King's Landing and there. A lot to resolve in the next episode. Can't wait.

kryogen wrote: »
    Haven't seen the episode yet, but I's say episode 8 was the episode for that this season with the big shock at the end, even if it was well telegraphed

I don't see it that way, it appears that a lot will happen next week, even the episode is a bit longer (or so I've read), and when you think about it, Joffrey's death was in episode 2 and that was a bigger event than Oberyn's so I don't think series 4 is planned out like the "conventional" GoT series 1-3 way.

Mammoths and giants, how can you go wrong? truly epic. loved the big swinging micky of a giant axe thing to...swhiing...

Is it bad I was actually rather fearful of those giants? :o

Is it bad I was actually rather fearful of those giants? :o

They were popper intimidating, poor lads in the tunnel:(

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Those Giants cost a lot of this seasons budget to produce apparently.....worth it!

Wish Thormond had killed Janos Slynt instead of Ser Allastair.

That Sam and Gilly stuff feels out of place GOT isn't a soap opera.

DL Saint wrote: »

Wish Thormond had killed Janos Slynt instead of Ser Allastair.

Didn't kill him, he was shouting 'Protect the gate' the last time we saw him as the men dragged him inside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Yeah looked like he was wounded alright. Good episode, one of few or maybe the only one where it focused on a single location

Advertisement