Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Fudge dice

What a lovely, lovely paper!! 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Don't ever listen to anybody who tells you that cramming doesn't work. It does, and I think I will get a high B/A because of cramming for hours last night.

Yes I agree. The groundwork is needed of course, but cramming last night refreshes it all and helped me to avoid stupid mistakes like I made earlier exams.

Didn't mind that paper. Could have gone better for me but I'm happy overall. Now to take 6 days rest...I mean study :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Very nice paper overall! One or two waffly bits but even they weren't too bad.. ABQ was straighforward, took me an hour though, and I'd say I got about 70/80 in short questions

• Registered Users Posts: 12 7jy

aleatorio wrote: »
    Yep :) Foreign direct investment? :)

What did everyone get for the debt/equity? I was very unsure where to put the authorised and issue share capital, I treated authorised similar to preference shares and put the in debt and got 1.83:1 but have no clue if I'm right.. :o

Authorised is a red herring - it came to 1:3.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I didnt like the paper.. ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

7jy wrote: »
    Authorised is a red herring - it came to 1:3.

Dammit I was thinking it might have been :(
    Will I loose many marks I wonder.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mayo4sam14

Thought paper was alright. For 1st question on abq did people give all charecteristics of entrepreneur. I just said how he found an oppurtunity and took the oppurtunity to set up his business. Do ye think this is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

Most of qs were nice and short qs were class

Mayo4sam14 wrote: »
    Thought paper was alright. For 1st question on abq did people give all charecteristics of entrepreneur. I just said how he found an oppurtunity and took the oppurtunity to set up his business. Do ye think this is ok?

Yeah I talked about two skills and two characteristics he had that made him an entrepreneur :P

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

is 4 characteristics ok? i didnt mention skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Did you all finish ?
    I have never finished a business test and didn't today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

is 4 characteristics ok? i didnt mention skills

I defined entrepreneur and talked about 4 or so characteristics as well :D Should be good enough, it was only the 20 marker

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

What did you all get for the debt equity ratio? I got 0.65 but I think I did it wrong

Did you all finish ?
    I have never finished a business test and didn't today :(

My last two parts were very rushed, basically wrote out headings for each part of the answers and went back and forward between them all trying to get as much information spread between them all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    What did you all get for the debt equity ratio? I got 0.65 but I think I did it wrong

0.33:1.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Didn't go near the ratios question didn't like the part A, anybody do 6 and 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Odrevan

Anyone get stuck on the initial FDI? I knew what EDI stood for so I ended up writing F-Electronic Data Interchange :L

Odrevan wrote: »
    Anyone get stuck on the initial FDI? I knew what EDI stood for so I ended up writing F-Electronic Data Interchange :L

I had data interchange, then realized it was foreign direct investment :P

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

eoinoc2509 wrote: »

yeah i got that

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

Aspiring wrote: »
    Didn't go near the ratios question didn't like the part A, anybody do 6 and 7?

Yep! I waffled my way through them!!

Can anyone remember what question 4 was?? Having a slight panic attack that I only answered 3 questions :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Odrevan

aleatorio wrote: »
    I had data interchange, then realized it was foreign direct investment :P

Sadly that realisation never thought to hit me :P

Yep! I waffled my way through them!!

Can anyone remember what question 4 was?? Having a slight panic attack that I only answered 3 questions :O

Maslows Hierarchy, functions of meetings and impact of technology on communications :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What did people say for the elements of contracts. I said Agreement, Consideration, Legality of Form. Couldn't find links for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Anybody fill their booklets? :pac:
    Didn't manage to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

thelad95 wrote: »
    What did people say for the elements of contracts. I said Agreement, Consideration, Legality of Form. Couldn't find links for anything else.

Offer and Legality of purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

did any one run out of time i ran out on time on q1 part b and q 5

I did too many for it id say :pac:
    I did offer, acceptance, consideration, intention to contract, legality of form and capacity to contract :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mono2

I just talked through all the elements and tried to relate it back, I think most of my year did the same, there was only 1 or 2 elements that couldn't really link in.

Aspiring wrote: »
    Anybody fill their booklets? :pac:
    Didn't manage to :(

I fell two pages short :( if I'd had an extra 10 minutes and had a chance to do my last two parts properly I'd have filled it I'd say :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

I said Offer, Acceptance, Intention to Contract, Consideration, Legality of Purpose and Legality of Form.

Advertisement