Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 watsupboys

hi what acts should i know. pleas give me a list :) if u can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

watsupboys wrote: »
    hi what acts should i know. pleas give me a list :) if u can

Industrial relations
    Unfair dismissals
    Employment equality
    Sale of goods/supply of services
    Data protection (came up last year)
    Consumer protection

Can't think of any more

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Guys should the break even chart be done on graph paper???

Guys should the break even chart be done on graph paper???

I don't think so. You could probably if you want but I imagine it'd be just as easy in your answer booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Does the break even chart have to be drawn with red pen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Is management activities unit 4 or unit 3? In one of my books it is unit 3, in the other it's unit 4..

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Does the break even chart have to be drawn with red pen?

No offence but why in gods name would it have to be done in red pen

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Seymour101

Any hot tips for ordinary that I can study between now and the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Shane15 wrote: »
    Is management activities unit 4 or unit 3? In one of my books it is unit 3, in the other it's unit 4..

It's unit 3 in mine anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Shane15 wrote: »

It's the last chapter in Unit 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

Does anyone think there will be an accounts Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lauren2107

Thinking of dropping to ordinary level tomorrow because I'm stressing out. Never liked business and scraped a pass for the mocks. Is there much different in the ordinary paper in comparison to higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I see lots and lots of waffling in my future. :P

lauren2107 wrote: »
    Thinking of dropping to ordinary level tomorrow because I'm stressing out. Never liked business and scraped a pass for the mocks. Is there much different in the ordinary paper in comparison to higher?

There's no ABQ and you would be well fit for the short and long questions. I'd advise you not to drop though but it's your own decision

I see lots and lots of waffling in my future. :P

My whole leaving cert seems to be revolving around waffles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

I'd forgotten just how big the course is. Management activities, characteristics, contract law, industrial relations, product development.. it's huge. The only question I'm confident on is International Environment because it's really waffle-friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Aspiring wrote: »
    I don't think so. You could probably if you want but I imagine it'd be just as easy in your answer booklet.

This is permissible but I'd advise against it. I used to do them this way previously but your accuracy is compromised. I'll be doing it on graph paper if it appears, and I'd advise you to as well!

robman60 wrote: »
    This is permissible but I'd advise against it. I used to do them this way previously but your accuracy is compromised. I'll be doing it on graph paper if it appears, and I'd advise you to as well!

You can just check if you're right using the formulas anyway so why does accuracy matter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

You can just check if you're right using the formulas anyway so why does accuracy matter :pac:

You have to show it on the graph as well, otherwise you'll only get 4/5 for each of the answers. Have a look at the 2008 marking scheme for evidence!

You have to show it on the graph as well, otherwise you'll only get 4/5 for each of the answers. Have a look at the 2008 marking scheme for evidence!

Yeah I know, I've just always done it in my normal copy so I think I'll keep doing it that way :) I always bring a line down to the x axis anyway and write the units in brackets, just so it's really clear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Katyegg

@Katie1289: Honestly, you wouldn't be okay just doing the Sale of Goods Act. You really should do Industrial Relations Act and the Employment Acts too.

Grade? Going for an A1 really but I'm not confident of it. I seem to often leave out things I know out of my answers for some reason. Our mocks weren't corrected properly at all which made it a completely meaningless exercise. We were just getting ticks everywhere, yet you might only get 4/10. It's disgraceful behaviour really on the corrector's behalf I think but that's for another debate. I know they're on miserable wages. As a result, I don't really know where I stand.

If you check your answers on the marking schemes do they generally match up? Mine are often completely different but I'm confident a lot of mine are legitimate alternatives but I'd like to see an outsider's view.

My mock was corrected arseways too, I had the marking scheme today comparing it to my paper and I should have gotten a good few more marks than I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

I literally just learned that break even chart in 5 minutes :) I thought it was so hard to learn earlier in the year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Anyone have a summary of the hl business course? Any good website for it?

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Anyone have a summary of the hl business course? Any good website for it?

http://sgcbusiness.com/business-notes/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Thanks I was bound to fail without a website like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

If I open this paper and see a lovely Q1 and Q3, a ratio analysis question and a breakeven chart, a report and question on leadership/motivation in the ABQ and some nice short questions; I will literally cry with relief, I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sifnband

Seriously considering dropping to pass :/

Did we all get capital gains tax in the SQ's.

Lovely paper once you got into it, Q3 was a dream if you knew EU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Don't ever listen to anybody who tells you that cramming doesn't work. It does, and I think I will get a high B/A because of cramming for hours last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Did we all get capital gains tax in the SQ's.

Lovely paper once you got into it, Q3 was a dream if you knew EU :)

Yep :) Foreign direct investment? :)

What did everyone get for the debt/equity? I was very unsure where to put the authorised and issue share capital, I treated authorised similar to preference shares and put the in debt and got 1.83:1 but have no clue if I'm right.. :o

Advertisement