Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

ave123 wrote: »
    is everyone going revising unit 7?...EU institutions and all that?....i hope its not a part of the paper cuz it really confuses me and its explained really badly in the book..

This question is marked really easy because not many do it, but I couldn't bring myself to do that unit. I hate it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Those would be lovely questions! Are you going to look at unit 6. I wont get a chance so ill have to leave it.
    Hope no more than 2 short questions on unit 6 are there !! :o

Unit 6 is meh for me, I have a knowledge of it but won't do the question :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Q3 is only answered by like 30% of people. It's the same stuff nearly every year, if I was panicking about getting my grade up I'd go learn EU/International stuff. Almost everybody does Q1, it will be marked harder and they will probably use the marking scheme to the word, Q3 not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 reneecassidy

Any business predictions apart from units 1,2 and 3??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShaneMcN

Yggdrasill wrote: »
    I am thinking about dropping down to pass. I haven't really much work done for business. If I was to do the higher level paper what should I study just to get a D3

Units 1,2,3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

I have no motivation. I've had the day off and I haven't done a stitch of revision for tomorrow. The thoughts of slogging through 7 units tonight makes me want to cry!!!! Business is so Blaaah to me! I hate all the waffle involved and you're so tight for time in the exam.. Ah well, fingers crossed for a lovely easy paper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

How do you guys even know what questions you're gonna do if you haven't seen them? I know the topics are similar every year but the questions themselves are always completely different.

How much do you all write for your ABQ's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

K6Y wrote: »
    How do you guys even know what questions you're gonna do if you haven't seen them? I know the topics are similar every year but the questions themselves are always completely different.

This. I expect I'll do Question 1, 4,5 and one of 6 or 7. In reality, I may end up doing any question on the paper as my preferred questions can sometimes have a horrible part thrown in. I'm strongly considering Q3 as well as there can often be straight forward factual answers there which may help in getting a higher grade.

Not feeling at all confident of an A1 to be honest but if we get an easy set of short Qs it'd be a good start. I'm aiming to have that 20% in the bag after 25 mins so I can spend a small bit longer on the ABQ and spend 27-29 mins on each 60 mark Q.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

right I'm starting now :( break even, unit 7, and the acts! ( would I be ok just doing sale of goods?, they wreck my head), maybe management. FUUUUU

• Advertisement

robman60 wrote: »
    This. I expect I'll do Question 1, 4,5 and one of 6 or 7. In reality, I may end up doing any question on the paper as my preferred questions can sometimes have a horrible part thrown in. I'm strongly considering Q3 as well as there can often be straight forward factual answers there which may help in getting a higher grade.

Not feeling at all confident of an A1 to be honest but if we get an easy set of short Qs it'd be a good start. I'm aiming to have that 20% in the bag after 25 mins so I can spend a small bit longer on the ABQ and spend 27-29 mins on each 60 mark Q.

You don't need near as much time for the SQ's as things like the exam papers recommend. You could get 10 perfect answers in in less than 25 mins for sure, even if they were all writing questions (which I doubt they will be). Planning on doing similar to you but I'll be trying to cut the time on my ABQ too, long q's are where my strong point is :D

What are you going for?

@Katie1289: Honestly, you wouldn't be okay just doing the Sale of Goods Act. You really should do Industrial Relations Act and the Employment Acts too.
    Aspiring wrote: »
    You don't need near as much time for the SQ's as things like the exam papers recommend. You could get 10 perfect answers in in less than 25 mins for sure, even if they were all writing questions (which I doubt they will be). Planning on doing similar to you but I'll be trying to cut the time on my ABQ too, long q's are where my strong point is :D

What are you going for?
    Grade? Going for an A1 really but I'm not confident of it. I seem to often leave out things I know out of my answers for some reason. Our mocks weren't corrected properly at all which made it a completely meaningless exercise. We were just getting ticks everywhere, yet you might only get 4/10. It's disgraceful behaviour really on the corrector's behalf I think but that's for another debate. I know they're on miserable wages. As a result, I don't really know where I stand.

If you check your answers on the marking schemes do they generally match up? Mine are often completely different but I'm confident a lot of mine are legitimate alternatives but I'd like to see an outsider's view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alisha1x

hey everyone, just wondering if I learned units 1,2,3,4 and 6 in brief detail would I be covered? I already know all my acts and enterprising skills, I have some knowledge of domestic environment. I am major cramming !! need some guidelines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

@Katie1289: Honestly, you wouldn't be okay just doing the Sale of Goods Act. You really should do Industrial Relations Act and the Employment Acts too.

Grade? Going for an A1 really but I'm not confident of it. I seem to often leave out things I know out of my answers for some reason. Our mocks weren't corrected properly at all which made it a completely meaningless exercise. We were just getting ticks everywhere, yet you might only get 4/10. It's disgraceful behaviour really on the corrector's behalf I think but that's for another debate. I know they're on miserable wages. As a result, I don't really know where I stand.

If you check your answers on the marking schemes do they generally match up? Mine are often completely different but I'm confident a lot of mine are legitimate alternatives but I'd like to see an outsider's view.

i do the same as you i leave out certain bits that i know after i have done the question its **** and my answers are always different to

Yeah a lot of the mocks were badly corrected, they probably just followed the marking scheme to the word, using none of their own intuition on the answers.

Since I started business I've been working off the marking schemes so I tend to have almost exactly what the past ones say, so I'm not much good for asking if my answers match up. You should be grand tho once you have the correct information.

Going for A1 myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Our mocks were horribly corrected too. Everyone got at least an A2 in my class.

jazz101 wrote: »
    Our mocks were horribly corrected too. Everyone got at least an A2 in my class.

No one even got a B in my class. Other than the short questions, ours weren't even read. I'm sure of it. The "corrector" just picked figures probably based on the quantity we'd written.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

brijay wrote: »
    Question 1 - Unit 1
    Question 2 - Unit 6
    Question 3 - Unit 7
    Question 4 - Unit 2,3
    Question 5 - Unit 4
    Question 6 - Unit 4,5
    Question 7 - Unit 5

Q2 AND Q3 include questions from Unit 6 AND Unit 7

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

I thought I had done really well in the mocks and then got a D1. It crippled my confidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Ill take a C1-B3. Anyone know what I should cram tonight please :)

• Advertisement

Aspiring wrote: »
    Yeah a lot of the mocks were badly corrected, they probably just followed the marking scheme to the word, using none of their own intuition on the answers.

Since I started business I've been working off the marking schemes so I tend to have almost exactly what the past ones say, so I'm not much good for asking if my answers match up. You should be grand tho once you have the correct information.

Going for A1 myself too.

I definitely should have done that too but it's too late now. I can definitely say Global Business is the most horrific text book I've ever seen and is probably going to cost me an A tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Ugh that book. The layout is horrible, there's about 4 chapters in the whole thing, it's all bunched together.. it's awful. I hate it.

I definitely should have done that too but it's too late now. I can definitely say Global Business is the most horrific text book I've ever seen and is probably going to cost me an A tomorrow. :(

Did yous use the book? We were lucky enough our teacher gave us all of the notes we have, didn't have to open the book once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Does anyone else use '21st Century Business' ? I haven't much complaints about it, apart from the fact there's 500 pages in it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Probobly a stupid question , but are you meant to answer in bullet point format or in paragraph format ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mayo4sam14

Anyone think labour relations commission will come up? Thinking of leaving it out

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

Mayo4sam14 wrote: »
    Anyone think labour relations commission will come up? Thinking of leaving it out

LRC ends in C. Conciliation. Codes of Practice. Conducts reasearch. Counsel (advice even) Commissioner of Rights. Bull**** from there

• Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

For each point we make is it true we have to state, explain and give an example?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 courtney95

Dazza wrote: »
    Probobly a stupid question , but are you meant to answer in bullet point format or in paragraph format ?
    Thanks

The format is really really important. Make sure you put a clear header and points, don't write in bunched paragraphs because for some stupid reason you'll lose marks even if the information is perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

K6Y wrote: »
    For each point we make is it true we have to state, explain and give an example?

It's the best format for getting marks from a question,makes it easy for the corrector to do so.

Advertisement