Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mayo4sam14

thelad95 wrote: »
    What did people say for the elements of contracts. I said Agreement, Consideration, Legality of Form. Couldn't find links for anything else.

Wasnt offer there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Why are ye all worried about 5 marks though? I'm worried I had no valid points for some of the 20 mark long q's!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Odrevan wrote: »
    But in all fairness, there's not a hope theyll get away with lumping offer, counter offer and acceptance all as one point for the eejits like me! Nope itd be a bit unfair!

I'm afraid counter offer isn't an element, bell-curve or no bell-curve :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Mayo4sam14 wrote: »
    Wasnt offer there too?

Welcome to the debate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Odrevan

I'm afraid counter offer isn't an element, bell-curve or no bell-curve :p

I wouldve gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you damn kids and your dumb dog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Why are ye all worried about 5 marks though? I'm worried I had no valid points for some of the 20 mark long q's!

I don't think it will be 6 X 5, it rarely is for ABQ questions. It might be 8,8,7,7 or 5X6 or even 3 X 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Odrevan

Odrevan wrote: »
    I wouldve gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you damn kids and your dumb dog!

*Meddling kids what am I saying :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I don't think it will be 6 X 5, it rarely is for ABQ questions. It might be 8,8,7,7 or 5X6 or even 3 X 10.

Agreed. For the enterprising skills in 09 or 04 ABQ it was 7,7,6. It'll most likely be 6x5 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 8,8,7,7. I can't see it being 10x3. There were an easy five links and I threw in a sixth that was pretty tenuous at best.

How many pages did u guys write. I wrote 11. Is that sufficient do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob95

Did anyone else just give a definition for an enterpreneur and a link to it? i suppose 20 marks was a bit much for just a definition.. btw was 3 points enough for a valid contract considering one was agreement(offer and acceptance)? i think im thoroughly screwed to be fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Doesn't go by sheer amount of content. I was nearing the back of the answer book, I think I had 20 or so pages written. My work was well spaced, and I started each question on a new page, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I wrote about 16, but it took up about 25 pages because I space out my work and some of my 20/25 mark answers went over 1 page by a few lines, but I still left the rest of the page blank :pac:

jimbob95 wrote: »
    Did anyone else just give a definition for an enterpreneur and a link to it? i suppose 20 marks was a bit much for just a definition.. btw was 3 points enough for a valid contract considering one was agreement(offer and acceptance)? i think im thoroughly screwed to be fair!

I said it is a person who spots an oppurtunity. And then said yer man took the oppurtunity by setting up the business. I also said that they identify a need and do anything to satisfy that need. Will that get many marks do ye think?

For the first part of Q1, for the reasons for industrial dispute, I said 1) Refusal to recognise employees' union 2) Pay and working conditions 3) Employment or NonEmployment of other employees, and for the second part I talked about picketing (primary and secondary) and striking (work-to-rule and overtime bans)
    Did I answer that right? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Horrible exam. I was banking on International Environment being easy and they just had to throw in the entire legislative process of the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Did many people not answer question 1?
    I did 1, 2, 4 & 6

I wrote 11 pages and coming out of the exam i was happy but coming on here made me worried again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

I wrote 11 pages and coming out of the exam i was happy but coming on here made me worried again :(

Same. Just realised how much I left out of the elements of a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

After any exam I wasn't happy with, I don't dare look at its topic on boards. Cripples any hint of confidence I had.

But all people are mentioning on this is the contract law question and thats 5 marks at the most so don't be sad :P

I had offer acceptance and consideration for contract question. In my textbook offer and acceptance are seperate elements of a contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mike123!

Did many people not answer question 1?
    I did 1, 2, 4 & 6

I didn't answer question 1. Was told to stay away if possible by numerous people! Supposedly going to be marked hard because it's relatively similar every year and and we had it as part of our ABQ syllabus...... But idk tho! Could all be people making wild presumptions! I did Q 2,4,6,7.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

I had offer acceptance and consideration for contract question. In my textbook offer and acceptance are seperate elements of a contract

ye they are seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mono2

In fairness, it was a good exam overall everybody crucifying themselves over 5 marks! Relax, the fact you're teacher even let you sit a higher paper means something it's all over now, there's nothing more we can do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

aleatorio wrote: »
    For the first part of Q1, for the reasons for industrial dispute, I said 1) Refusal to recognise employees' union 2) Pay and working conditions 3) Employment or NonEmployment of other employees, and for the second part I talked about picketing (primary and secondary) and striking (work-to-rule and overtime bans)
    Did I answer that right? :eek:

Yeah that's right but instead of refusal to recognise employees union I wrote discrimination instead :)

And yup I did the same for the second part :)

ejayy wrote: »
    Yeah that's right but instead of refusal to recognise employees union I wrote discrimination instead :)

And yup I did the same for the second part :)

Yeah I included discrimination under the employment part :pac: Hopefully the union point is valid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

I thought the exam was pretty fair. There was some odd bits but nothing some waffle didn't fix :P I did all the long q's except 3. I was the last one in the exam centre!

I can't remember which section it was (these exams are taking it out if me!) but for the ltd meetings that was the AGM and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Nick_1494 wrote: »
    I thought the exam was pretty fair. There was some odd bits but nothing some waffle didn't fix :P I did all the long q's except 3. I was the last one in the exam centre!

I can't remember which section it was (these exams are taking it out if me!) but for the ltd meetings that was the AGM and stuff?

I said AGM, EGM and adhoc hopefully it's right

Nick_1494 wrote: »

How on EARTH did you have time to do 2 extra questions??????? :eek: Noone in my exam centre left early and none of us had time to extra questions :pac:

Yeah I defined AGMs and EGMs and then talked the functions, like election of people to various roles, communication between stakeholders, providing information about the business to stakeholders, voting on various issues and problem resolution :o

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

I only got 3 questions done. I don't see how you got 6 done... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

You had to do 4 though :confused:

Yes I'm well aware of that. :o

Advertisement