Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

aleatorio wrote: »
    I wrote about the process, co-decision and whatnot AND directive/regulation/decisioin

I wrote that the EU Commission proposes legislation
    Parliament discusses it and can propose amendments
    Commission can accept these changes and it is then accepted by parliament
    Council of Ministers must accept before it becomes law.

I would have thought directive/regulation/decision would apply to instruments of EU Law whereas I interpreted the question to mean how laws are created. It's this vagueness that worries me about business but can anyone else clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

How did ye approach the Interest Group Q?

I defined Interest Group. Then talked about Greenpeace and their consumer boycott of Shell and their negotiations with govts about issues. I then talked about the IFA and a bit about how they are a special interest group in the EU and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

robman60 wrote: »
    I wrote that the EU Commission proposes legislation
    Parliament discusses it and can propose amendments
    Commission can accept these changes and it is then accepted by parliament
    Council of Ministers must accept before it becomes law.

I would have thought directive/regulation/decision would apply to instruments of EU Law whereas I interpreted the question to mean how laws are created. It's this vagueness that worries me about business but can anyone else clarify?

Yeah I wrote about all of those points and then just said that when the law is introduced it can be introduced by directive/regulation/decision and put in brackets after each one what it was :P
    thelad95 wrote: »
    How did ye approach the Interest Group Q?

I defined Interest Group. Then talked about Greenpeace and their consumer boycott of Shell and their negotiations with govts about issues. I then talked about the IFA and a bit about how they are a special interest group in the EU and all that.

I essentially said the exact same thing about Greenpeace, and then talked about ISME in the same context that you discussed IFA :P Was going to do IFA but thought ISME had more relevance to business :P

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

I only wrote 3 points for the contract. It seems capacity to contract was also there as it mentioned his 28th birthday. I didn't spot that though. I reckon the marking scheme will be looking for 4 points as there wasn't really links for much else.

I found offer, acceptance, intent, capacity, legality of purpose and legality of form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

LoveLamps wrote: »
    I found offer, acceptance, intent, capacity, legality of purpose and legality of form!

Consideration was an obvious one too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

aleatorio wrote: »
    I wrote about the process, co-decision and whatnot AND directive/regulation/decisioin

It was about creating a new proposal.so you had to talk about the European Commission and drafting a proposal and European Parliament and council of ministers agreeing and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Johnjoeboy wrote: »
    It was about creating a new proposal.so you had to talk about the European Commission and drafting a proposal and European Parliament and council of ministers agreeing and all that

Yeah that was what I wrote about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

jimbob95 wrote: »
    would the ICTU and the IFA be ok does anyone know?

Yes perfect, just the less obvious ones. Went with ICTU myself had to ask my teacher afterwards of that was acceptable. Another lad did IFA and asked same question, this was acceptable too. As long as you wrote enough about the role you should be all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

hi all
    anybody know for the EU question if talking about how the legislation is brought in if this is okey
    so started by Eu commision
    then Eu parliament
    Then council of ministers
    then court of justice and explained how and what each one those for the legislation..
    the only thing I forgot was to say that the commision implements the law, but I had 4 points covered as stated above.. so any clue if I'll lose marks???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob95

ok people so for some stupid reason i decided to explain the 3 management activities of planning, organising and controlling for part c of the ABQ.. i went in to quite decent detail about the 3 types of control in the controlling part with links but will i be penalised for not reading the Q properly? This could really make or break a B1 for me so could anyone shed some light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

ok people so for some stupid reason i decided to explain the 3 management activities of planning, organising and controlling for part c of the ABQ.. i went in to quite decent detail about the 3 types of control in the controlling part with links but will i be penalised for not reading the Q properly? This could really make or break a B1 for me so could anyone shed some light?
    I don't think ull be marked down, as you still kind of answered the question.

It all depends. There is no negative marking in Business, unlike other subjects like Biology. But think about this though, if the SEC feel there are too many A's and they need to mark a few papers down, they might look at your paper and see you didn't know what the question meant. As a result, they might dock you three marks to bring you down a grade division.

Apart from that you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

It all depends. There is no negative marking in Business, unlike other subjects like Biology. But think about this though, if the SEC feel there are too many A's and they need to mark a few papers down, they might look at your paper and see you didn't know what the question meant. As a result, they might dock you three marks to bring you down a grade division.

Apart from that you will be fine.

What do you mean there's negative marking in Biology? :confused:

Shane15 wrote: »
    What do you mean there's negative marking in Biology? :confused:

If they ask you for 2 points and you put down 3 but one of them is wrong, it will be marked as follows

3 + 3 - 3= 3

Whereas in business if they ask you for 3 points and put down 4 with one of them being wrong you will still get full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

If they ask you for 2 points and you put down 3 but one of them is wrong, it will be marked as follows

3 + 3 - 3= 3

Whereas in business if they ask you for 3 points and put down 4 with one of them being wrong you will still get full marks.

Ahh ok I see now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fuzzmore

Could anyone please tell me how they answered part a of Q4? About the different types of meetings? That Q really annoyed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KellyR18

I did 2 types of meetings, I couldn't think of a third, AGM and EGM. Then I wrote a page in total about what happens at both.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Yeah I did AGM and EGN as well. There is others I was unaware of, but I crammed it in in the last 10 mins. Hopefully they're only looking for two types

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fuzzmore

Yeah I only did 2 meetings as well I thought it was ten marks on each and did half a page on each

I'd say they'll be looking for a minimum of three types of meetings, but more likely four in my opinion. I think it's a general rule of divide the allotted marks by five to get the number of points required. It would make more sense if they just told us the number of points needed of course.

I mentioned
    AGM
    EGM
    Board Meeting
    Ad Hoc Meeting
    Statutory Meeting

It wasn't a question I'd seen before but I'd studied it the night before fortunately.

• Advertisement

I ran out of time and wasn't really sure about types of meetings so I just scribbled down that an AGM takes place once a year and is used to discuss and decide on general matters. I then said EGM took place in emergency/unexpected circumstances. I know that thats very vague waffle but I should hopefully get at least 5/20 for that.

I think Q1,2 and 3 required a fair bit of prior knowledge but Q's 4-7 were very waffly I felt.

I ran out of time and wasn't really sure about types of meetings so I just scribbled down that an AGM takes place once a year and is used to discuss and decide on general matters. I then said EGM took place in emergency/unexpected circumstances. I know that thats very vague waffle but I should hopefully get at least 5/20 for that.

I think Q1,2 and 3 required a fair bit of prior knowledge but Q's 4-7 were very waffly I felt.

I avoided questions 6+7 for that very reason. They looked very vague and I tend to go way over time when I'm answering the vague questions as I'm throwing down everything I know if I'm not quite sure what they're looking for.

I think Q3 was the nicest question on the paper if you had studied it in my opinion. Very clear and none of the waffling that tends to litter business papers. I really think it's a bad idea to avoid unit 7, as many people do. It's far more factual and therefore should be easier to get high marks. It's also quite concise.

robman60 wrote: »
    I think Q3 was the nicest question on the paper if you had studied it in my opinion. Very clear and none of the waffling that tends to litter business papers. I really think it's a bad idea to avoid unit 7, as many people do. It's far more factual and therefore should be easier to get high marks. It's also quite concise.

If you're gonna leave out a unit, it should be unit 6. Unit 7 isn't actually that bad despite the tedium of the EU chapter.

Advertisement