Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

robman60 wrote: »
    It's worth saying that Q7 may well be a break-even chart this year for 30-40 marks including interpreting it. If that were the case, it would be very advisable to do that question because it's easy marks.

True but in the past a break-even chart has also come up in Q5 and Q6 so that could happen this year as well. Seriously though Marketing is so open-ended it could be a lovely question or something completely bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pumpkin222

chapters 1-19 will get you an a1. you have no choice on questions though, but if you learn them inside out you're guarenteed an a1

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

I thought I create this cuz there isn't one I don't think! Anyways guys what do you think will be on it? I'm so screwed for business it's now even funny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

same i thing i am ****ed for it. what questions do ya plan on doing

caolan1996 wrote: »
    same i thing i am ****ed for it. what questions do ya plan on doing

Question 1 and 4 of course and prolly question 5 and 6 or maybe question 3! Wbu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

Hey guys. My sister is a leaving cert business teacher. She and my actual teacher told me to NEVER answer Q1. Its marked horrendously hard. They predicted an accounting Q.

Hey guys. My sister is a leaving cert business teacher. She and my actual teacher told me to NEVER answer Q1. Its marked horrendously hard. They predicted an accounting Q.

Yeah I bet cuz everyone will answer on it :/ what accounting question? I don't do accounting haha I think maybe a break even chart may be on it or ratios?? Do you know anymore predictions?

ya even my teacher said that they mark it very hard.
    do ya think it will be a ratios question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

It's part of our ABQ though, so it's logical to answer that's question. I think people just say it's marked hard because it's far more factual than the rest of the business course so you actually have to know your stuff to perform well.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Dreading this exam because I know I won't get it done on time...
    Hoping to speed through the short Q's and give more time to the long questions :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Anyone have notes on industrial and consumer conflict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

Does anyone have any Predictions for Business?

What I think will come up:
    Sale of goods act
    Contract
    Trade union
    Maslow meetings
    Ratio (don't know which)
    Marketing
    Market segmentation
    Teamwork
    National consumer agency
    Management activities
    Product ideas

what about the ABQ i am really dreading that

Hate the Abu so honestly couldn't tell you! I have only ever answered one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Break even analysis predicted. I'd expect a product life cycle, stages in new product development or business plans to come up along side it. Would be a lovely question for those of us doing accounting :rolleyes:

I'd study Europe/International environment well. We know question 3 is always the same kind of stuff.

The ABQ should be quite doable. I'd predict the skills/characteristics of Entrepreneurs (not much else they could put for enterprise), Industrial relations in some form (conflict maybe), then communication/planning for the third part. Could be a bit of contract law too but I doubt it, it would be nice tho.

Hoping for A1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sifnband

Dreading this exam so much :( I'm just practising long and short questions over and over and over...so ****ed though :(

Aspiring wrote: »
    Break even analysis predicted. I'd expect a product life cycle, stages in new product development or business plans to come up along side it. Would be a lovely question for those of us doing accounting :rolleyes:

I'd study Europe/International environment well. We know question 3 is always the same kind of stuff.

The ABQ should be quite doable. I'd predict the skills/characteristics of Entrepreneurs (not much else they could put for enterprise), Industrial relations in some form (conflict maybe), then communication/planning for the third part. Could be a bit of contract law too but I doubt it, it would be nice tho.

Hoping for A1 :)

i am going to attempt a ABQ today how should i go about answering it i am not very good at them and how long should i spend on it

i am going to attempt a ABQ today how should i go about answering it i am not very good at them and how long should i spend on it

Hey if you look in the beginning of your business papers they have a guideline for time.

For ABQ's I always follow the formula "State, explain, example"

Say for 2009 (A)

I'd first look at it and say "Ok, 20 marks, so I need 4 points".
    That means you need to know 4 enterprising skills or characteristics (I'd go 2 and 2), four explanations of what each means (like a definition) and 4 examples (quotes from the text)

My first point would be something like:

It is clear from reading the above extract that Liam has self-confidence in his business. This is a key characteristic of entrepreneurs. It means having the belief that your product/service can be successful and compete in the wider market with competitors. Liam's self confidence is a valuable characteristic to have as it will ensure his future success.
    "Liam's knowledge and belief in his product"

I just made that up on the spot so it's not likely to be perfect, but you get the idea :)

Hey if you look in the beginning of your business papers they have a guideline for time.

For ABQ's I always follow the formula "State, explain, example"

Say for 2009 (A)

I'd first look at it and say "Ok, 20 marks, so I need 4 points".
    That means you need to know 4 enterprising skills or characteristics (I'd go 2 and 2), four explanations of what each means (like a definition) and 4 examples (quotes from the text)

My first point would be something like:

It is clear from reading the above extract that Liam has self-confidence in his business. This is a key characteristic of entrepreneurs. It means having the belief that your product/service can be successful and compete in the wider market with competitors. Liam's self confidence is a valuable characteristic to have as it will ensure his future success.
    "Liam's knowledge and belief in his product"

I just made that up on the spot so it's not likely to be perfect, but you get the idea :)

thanks for part say part b or c do i still need to link it to the text and should i use headings or not ?

• Advertisement

thanks for part say part b or c do i still need to link it to the text and should i use headings or not ?

Use headings if you wish, I suppose it would make it completely explicit what you're talking about.
    Yeah for b) I'd link:
    stock control using "Rising stock levels in the warehouse are also causing problems"
    credit control using "two of his largest customers have not paid their bills on time"
    budgetary control using "cash flow is tight"

For c) have a look at the marking scheme http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2009/LC033ALP000EV.pdf there's lots of things you can use :)

That part a) I put up was only a quarter of what you'd need for the full part a) answer, just wanted to clarify that :)

I'm dreading this exam so much I just want a high C and I'll be happy! Have you guys seen eoin Jackson's predictions, what did you guys think about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

Hoping for a C.. But I haven't opened by business book since the end of school

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmsbLWPO8F4 hopefully he's close enough...

james142 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmsbLWPO8F4 hopefully he's close enough...

i am hoping it the topics come up or i am ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

i am hoping it the topics come up or i am ****ed

I've never seen his videos prior to today, but he comes across as a complete bluffer if I'm honest. Predicting communication? Hardly even worth calling that a prediction really. He also didn't mention break-even which seems strange.

what else is likely to come up as i dont no where to start i have leading and motivating communication and unit 7

robman60 wrote: »
    I've never seen his videos prior to today, but he comes across as a complete bluffer if I'm honest. Predicting communication? Hardly even worth calling that a prediction really. He also didn't mention break-even which seems strange.

Yep, our teacher has been telling us all year to keep doing break evens :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Yep, our teacher has been telling us all year to keep doing break evens :rolleyes:

Feckin break even charts.. Does anybody else not think they're way too complicated with all the different calculations and places to plot the lines? Apparently they're easy marks but they break my brain every time I attempt one

• Advertisement

Feckin break even charts.. Does anybody else not think they're way too complicated with all the different calculations and places to plot the lines? Apparently they're easy marks but they break my brain every time I attempt one

same

Advertisement