Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options
  • 07-06-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone got any predicitions for Tuesday?

ABQ....hmmmmm...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PuddinBum

Our teacher was saying a vey good chance of a Break Even Chart coming up as an ABQ

Business really is impossible to predict.

But, our teacher has been going on about HRM, TQM, a break even in the ABQ.. em... *thinking* .. I'll get back to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

I asked my teacher before if they would throw a break even into the ABQ, she said they almost definitely wouldn't...

It would be fantastic if they did though! I struggle with the time limit on the whole business paper, and I could spend an hour on the ABQ if I'm in a clever mood... but I can get the chart drawn in like, 10 mins!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I don't think they'd put a break even on the ABQ. I think it will be Marketing Mix, and something to do with International Trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Break Even wont feature in the ABQ, it'll be part of a question

I say ratios will come up somewhere

ABQ will be marketing mix and some form of business expansion like private or public?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

PuddinBum wrote: »
    Our teacher was saying a vey good chance of a Break Even Chart coming up as an ABQ

I doubt it as Unit 5 can only come up as a part of the ABQ, with 6 and 7 having a part each also. I'd reckon it could come up in the long questions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I very much doubt a break-even would be on the ABQ, it wouldn't be fair to put maths on a compulsory question.

Asides that it would be impossible to do the whole ABQ in 40 or whatever minutes you are meant to do it in if it were like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

My teacher was tipping social & environmental responsibilities as part of the ABQ cos it's so topical, but I guess you can't be sure of anything :rolleyes: As someone who also does Accounting I really hope there's a question with a decent amount of calculations in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Whats all this about HRM?? Everyone's saying it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

PuddinBum wrote: »
    Break even chart in a ABQ? seriously? I've never seen calculations in a ABQ before, would be lovely though.

Im a little bit nervous about this exam, im just worried ill blank in the exam despite having gone over all the stuff so many times. Its the way they phrase the questions sometimes that I hate.
    SRFC90 wrote: »

Chapter 11.

Basically its all about teamwork, benefits etc

and the role of a human resource manager, (training, appraisal etc)

thats all thats needed for the chapter but its important and likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

Hungarian Reading Material. Did your teacher not cover it with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Haha!! You have misunderstood me, I mean why is everone tipping it to come up? Whats the big deal? Everyone is saying it!

Haha!! You have misunderstood me, I mean why is everone tipping it to come up? Whats the big deal? Everyone is saying it!
    Hasnt come up in a while I suppose.

I've gone over Unit 5 and 6 quite well today and seems to make sense. I'm going over Unit 4 tomorrow, and I did Unit 7 and 1 beforehand.

If anyone doing all of the units? I'm thinking of just looking over past solutions for the short questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Jakkass wrote: »
    I've gone over Unit 5 and 6 quite well today and seems to make sense. I'm going over Unit 4 tomorrow, and I did Unit 7 and 1 beforehand.

If anyone doing all of the units? I'm thinking of just looking over past solutions for the short questions.

Im doing them all but concentrating on 5,6 and 7 obviously.
    Its just long questions on stuff like control are so easy! thats why i am doin em all

Ive covered all units.

Im just going over everything. Nothing more so than anything else.

I suppose though monday night ill concentrate heavily on unity 5,6 and 7

Laaaaaaaaa de da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

I am thinking about dropping down to pass. I haven't really much work done for business. If I was to do the higher level paper what should I study just to get a D3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

study your business book!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CandyKing123

Is there any chance anyone thinks management will come up in long questions if i learnt it all off?any more general guidelines for what to learn last minute for HL business completely neglected it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

Unit 1, 2 and 3 are very important as the ABQ is based on those units.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

What i think may come up in the ABQ and Long Questions are:
    Entrepreneurial Characteristics
    Managing Skills
    A Report

Total Quality Management,Sales of goods and supplies of services act 1980(i think), Unfair Dismissals Act, Stakeholders relationship, HM Manger, EU and Ratio question. Thats what I THINK.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ELynch96

Question 3 is on unit 7
    Question 1 is on unit 1 I believe
    Question 4 is on enterprise
    And question 5 is usually a ratio question or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CandyKing123

thanks for the replies! helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

My teacher is backing q5 as ratios, theyre v easy. You may have to write a report on them then.
    If youre panicking, just lear unit 1,2&3 best you can. Thatll cover you for some short q's, at least one long and the ABQ. Could easily get a C from that and some educated waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 2 areh

ELynch96 wrote: »
    Question 3 is on unit 7
    Question 1 is on unit 1 I believe
    Question 4 is on enterprise
    And question 5 is usually a ratio question or something

how would you know that??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

areh wrote: »
    how would you know that??

Simple analysis of past exam papers. The same topics come up in the same Q's every year. This shouldn't be news to you....

You need all the management chapters as they always come up in Q4, arguably the easiest Q on the paper and will come up in the ABQ this year.

One question I would reccomend everyone avoids is Q7. They can literally pull anything out for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

thelad95 wrote: »
    One question I would reccomend everyone avoids is Q7. They can literally pull anything out for that.
    It's worth saying that Q7 may well be a break-even chart this year for 30-40 marks including interpreting it. If that were the case, it would be very advisable to do that question because it's easy marks.

Advertisement