Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Kyro wrote: »
    Yes I'm well aware of that. :o

I knew you knew sorry just thought I was wrong in thinking we had to do 4.

Hopefully your other subjects are so good you won't need to count business ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aoifnatash

Would the statutory meeting be one?? I couldn't think of Ad hoc so I said agm egm and statutory :3

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

Kyro wrote: »
    I only got 3 questions done. I don't see how you got 6 done... :pac:

This hand is an oul' timer with writing. I do hl English, history and religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

aleatorio wrote: »
    For the first part of Q1, for the reasons for industrial dispute, I said 1) Refusal to recognise employees' union 2) Pay and working conditions 3) Employment or NonEmployment of other employees, and for the second part I talked about picketing (primary and secondary) and striking (work-to-rule and overtime bans)
    Did I answer that right? :eek:

Pay, demarcation, discrimination. Theres also promotion and redundancy.

I said go slow and work to rule

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob95

would it be possible to talk about the LRC and rights commissioner for Q1.b ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

jimbob95 wrote: »
    would it be possible to talk about the LRC and rights commissioner for Q1.b ?

Was 1b not about industrial action.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

Aspiring wrote: »
    Was 1b not about industrial action.

Yeah it was you had to write about , picketing , work to rule etc

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Hey what ye guys get for breakeven in the short questions??

ejayy wrote: »
    Hey what ye guys get for breakeven in the short questions??

16000 units if my memory serves me correctly. Fixed costs were 48000, SP was 5 and VC were 2 so yeah that would be right if I have those figures there correct :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

16000 units if my memory serves me correctly. Fixed costs were 48000, SP was 5 and VC were 2 so yeah that would be right if I have those figures there correct :pac:

YES I GOT IT RIGHT! LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Guys for the reason of a strike (or what ever it was) would wage cuts redundancy and working hours be answers?

Omg same yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane15 wrote: »
    YES I GOT IT RIGHT! LOL.

Oh boy 10 marks out of 400 for all of us :D

Anybody else sit staring at "CGT" for ages :rolleyes:, took me a while to figure out what it was.

Considering I only picked up business this year and am an external candidate I am quite proud of myself,.......... 10 marks better then no marks ehhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Anybody else sit staring at "CGT" for ages :rolleyes:, took me a while to figure out what it was.

FDI was my problem :(

Considering I only picked up business this year and am an external candidate I am quite proud of myself,.......... 10 marks better then no marks ehhhh
    Yeah I know, 10 marks can quickly add up to 80, then 160, and so on ;)
    FDI was my problem :(

Luckily I had just studied FDI last night so it was no problemo :pac: It'll only be 2 marks for missing one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Yup. I couldn't get it at all. Capital Gains Tax. At least it's something I never would've figured out as opposed to something I knew.

Yeah I know, 10 marks can quickly add up to 80, then 160, and so on ;)

Yeah exactly that's how I like to think of it :)

Yeah exactly that's how I like to think of it :)

Me too, I wasn't being negative up above I was just joking :D

I think if you had a negative mindset on here you'd end up crawling up in a corner and dying after reading everybody else's answers from here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jackthelad1000

You know Q3 part B about the legislation.. Was that about the steps in the decision making process or just about directive and regulation?? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

You know Q3 part B about the legislation.. Was that about the steps in the decision making process or just about directive and regulation?? :/

I wrote about the process, co-decision and whatnot AND directive/regulation/decisioin

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KellyR18

I had to come back to it like a half hour later cause I forgot what it meant :/

Me too, I wasn't being negative up above I was just joking :D

I think if you had a negative mindset on here you'd end up crawling up in a corner and dying after reading everybody else's answers from here :rolleyes:

Oh i know you weren't being negative! :)
    I didnt mean to put the thumb down sign, i was on the ipad when that happened :L

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

The paper is up now, it won't let me post a link to it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

For the question on the role of any two interest groups in business, I wrote about Greenpeace and Amnesty International. Do you think these would be acceptable answers if I referred to a link they each have with businesses? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

jimbob95 wrote: »
    Did anyone else just give a definition for an enterpreneur and a link to it? i suppose 20 marks was a bit much for just a definition.. btw was 3 points enough for a valid contract considering one was agreement(offer and acceptance)? i think im thoroughly screwed to be fair!

I only wrote 3 points for the contract. It seems capacity to contract was also there as it mentioned his 28th birthday. I didn't spot that though. I reckon the marking scheme will be looking for 4 points as there wasn't really links for much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Mcd2812 wrote: »
    For the question on the role of any two interest groups in business, I wrote about Greenpeace and Amnesty International. Do you think these would be acceptable answers if I referred to a link they each have with businesses? :)

I talked about Greenpeace and ISME I'd say yours are ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob95

would the ICTU and the IFA be ok does anyone know?

• Advertisement

aleatorio wrote: »
    I talked about Greenpeace and ISME I'd say yours are ok :)

Thank you! :)

Advertisement