Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC BIOLOGY 2014 - Before and after discussion **

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 romanita

Flickka wrote: »
    Was it an anabolic or catabolic reaction in the short questions?

I said catabolic, seems to be what people think here too

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

jimbob95 wrote: »
    does it matter if I left out the water bath in the diagram for preparing alcohol? is function of the cerebrum excretion? for Q14.c.i did you have to elaborate much i mean i just said by osmosis!

We never had a water bath for that experiment, we incubated it overnight. Hope I don't lose marks for not drawing or mentioning the incubator, I didn't think of including it because the question asked for the apparatus and not the procedure :(

Also I said either Carbon Dioxide or Nitrates for the nutrient in the lake water (I crossed one out and wrote the other like three times, I couldn't decide). Carbon Dioxide is inorganic and phytoplankton are photosynthetic so they would need it. I don't know that it counts as a nutrient though, in hindsight. I think in the end I went with nitrates but I just can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kmac16

ellenw wrote: »
    For the test for alcohol I said acidified sodium dichromate instead of acidified potassium dichromate. I'm sure it's still correct because we use it in chemistry but I wonder would they give marks for that?

That's the answer I said too. We used acidified sodium dichromate in the experiment at school so I presume it must be acceptable as an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

Owen.N wrote: »
    You basically picked the stuff that comes up every year, a 10 year old could have predicted this if you gave him a set of exam papers for an hour. You don't deserve anything.

He was only joking i think :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

He was only joking i think :P
    I was joking. My predictions were mileeeeeeeees off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement