Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This popped up on my FB feed:
    The Top 15 Most Popular Tattoos on Reddit.
    Some gorgeous stuff here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm quite sick. :( not hungover, just genuinely sick.

Picked a good day for it, because I have an aappointment with my gp tomorrow morning and a hospital appointment in the afternoon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My eyes are itchy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

January wrote: »
    My eyes are itchy :(
    Put used teabags on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Imagine Dragons Radioactive (Live at the Joint)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybirL3EtMb8

I really love the band, their live stuff is ten times better than anything recorded. I have got to see them live!!

Hayfever is destroying me at the moment! I take prescription stuff but by 8pm in the evening the wheezing and itchy eyes and sneezing is full force! Super high pollen at the mo!

• Advertisement

My hayfever is rotten at the moment too. Raw eyes, constant sneezing, several nosebleeds per day and blocked up ears. That's even while taking antihistamines, nasal spray and eye drops :pac:

Waiting to see my GP now. My usual doctor isn't in, so I'm seeing a male doctor. Awkward, because the three things I'm going in for are all female problems :pac:

I'm the same gs! Prescription antihistamines and eyedrops are doing nothing! I'm off to the doctor tomorrow myself!

Ah I hate that!!

kellief wrote: »
    I'm the same gs! Prescription antihistamines and eyedrops are doing nothing! I'm off to the doctor tomorrow myself!

Ah I hate that!!

The male doctor called a female doctor in after I asked for a second opinion when he told me my pill is only 50% reliable. Turns out it's 98.9% reliable. Considering he was googling it, i should have known he was wrong :pac:

Booked in for the hayfever jab next week.

Just out of hospital after seeing a psych there. He wanted to put me on Prozac. I refused. :pac: So I'm on antidepressants again. Oh joy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got the hayfever injection, but it hasn't been 100% effective. Still have the odd day where I'm all sniffly and sneezy.

I had to take liquid prozac before, made me sick as hell.

Angron wrote: »
    I got the hayfever injection, but it hasn't been 100% effective. Still have the odd day where I'm all sniffly and sneezy.

I had to take liquid prozac before, made me sick as hell.

Liquid Prozac? Jaysus!

I refused prozac, so I'm on the standard antidepressants. If they don't work in 6 weeks, I have to go on prozac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just finished work. Gettin my ribs done again ( I know I keep postponing my tattoos) but I'm gonna get into studio next week for me ribs.
    Should take 3 hours

I haven't heard of the hayfever jab, if it means I can breathe I'll get it!

At least they listened to ya gs and are giving the other meds a chance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Liquid Prozac? Jaysus!

I refused prozac, so I'm on the standard antidepressants. If they don't work in 6 weeks, I have to go on prozac
    Yeah, it just came in a bottle so I had to take a spoon or two of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Motorbike's regulator/rectifier has blown. Arsebiscuits.

The male doctor called a female doctor in after I asked for a second opinion when he told me my pill is only 50% reliable. Turns out it's 98.9% reliable. Considering he was googling it, i should have known he was wrong :pac:

I understand the area of study for GPs is so broad they're going to have gaps in their knowledge but the way some react to those gaps is flipping ridiculous. One time I raised my worries about having OCD to a doctor I was told 'we all have our little quirks.' Yeah we do but quirks don't normally cause me to have panic attacks or cause me to stay at home because at least here I know what I'll be faced with and how to deal with it. It can be funny when you know they're talking bollocks but it's worrying to think now everyone will know that and take what they're saying at face value.

I understand the area of study for GPs is so broad they're going to have gaps in their knowledge but the way some react to those gaps is flipping ridiculous. One time I raised my worries about having OCD to a doctor I was told 'we all have our little quirks.' Yeah we do but quirks don't normally cause me to have panic attacks or cause me to stay at home because at least here I know what I'll be faced with and how to deal with it. It can be funny when you know they're talking bollocks but it's worrying to think now everyone will know that and take what they're saying at face value.

I had one locum GP tell me that the condition I have (endometriosis) doesn't really exist and I'm just an addict looking for painkillers. I told her where to shove it and left. I was never so insulted in my entire life!
    There are amazing GP's, but the education gaps for conditions are so worrying!

I had one locum GP tell me that the condition I have (endometriosis) doesn't really exist and I'm just an addict looking for painkillers. I told her where to shove it and left. I was never so insulted in my entire life!
    There are amazing GP's, but the education gaps for conditions are so worrying!

One of my best friends has endometriosis and was told repeatedly by doctors/pain therapists that the pain was all in her head. It took two years to get a laproscopy and she said compared to other stories she'd read online that was fairly short time to get a diagnosis. It's pretty shocking how many doctors seem to think the condition doesn't actually exist.

One of my best friends has endometriosis and was told repeatedly by doctors/pain therapists that the pain was all in her head. It took two years to get a laproscopy and she said compared to other stories she'd read online that was fairly short time to get a diagnosis. It's pretty shocking how many doctors seem to think the condition doesn't actually exist.

That's a really short time!! I was seeing my GP with problems since I was 14, I was finally diagnosed at 21. There is a worrying level of uneducated doctors around! I had to explain the condition to a doctor in A&E before!!

One of my friends has endo, and was told she was imagining it and offered therapy :pac:

I'm so fcuking tired. Those tablets are worse than sleeping pills.

Fell asleep, face first into my dinner last night. Went to sleep for the night at 10, up at 7, still so tired I can barely walk.

9 hour shift in work is going to be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can't stop listening to this. There isn't enough brass bands around. Of course it helps that it was a whopper tune anyway.

• Advertisement

So on my okcupid profile I mention having shaved my head for charity and there is even a picture of my shaving my head. My most recent picture also shows my hair has grown back. Got this lovely message earlier today:

'Just because you have cancer doesn't mean you can be a total bitch to people.....'

Not the sharpest tool in the box this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Currently on a Social Distortion binge. This song rates particularly highly with it's harmonies. Great video as well.

I'm dying. I need my bed. I've legit never been this tired before. I keep falling asleep standing up in work :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    Can't stop listening to this. There isn't enough brass bands around. Of course it helps that it was a whopper tune anyway.

I LOVE Karnivooooool! This is the most random thing I've heard today :D

I'm dying. I need my bed. I've legit never been this tired before. I keep falling asleep standing up in work :(

Did you get sleep yet??

It terrifies me hearing about people like your friend!!

Did you get sleep yet??

It terrifies me hearing about people like your friend!!

Sleep? I'm still in work!

Yeah, I felt awful for her. She's being treated properly now, but it took a hell of a lot of fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

jenizzle wrote: »
    I LOVE Karnivooooool! This is the most random thing I've heard today :D

The horns are just deadly and they're worked into the song so well. Can't go wrong with something a bit different.

I'd love to see them live, haven't seen them playing around here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Change of plans. Booked myself today and deposit down for my rib piece. Gonna take 5 or 6 hours on my ribs. I'm really looking forward to this. My idea for the tattoo is basically a viking god and half his face is just a skull and some script writing underneath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Sounds savage, Dodderangler. :) Vikings and skulls are always awesome.

In other news: GOT MAH HURR DID.
    Nothing like the smell of fresh hair dye. Smells like victory. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Change of plans. Booked myself today and deposit down for my rib piece. Gonna take 5 or 6 hours on my ribs. I'm really looking forward to this. My idea for the tattoo is basically a viking god and half his face is just a skull and some script writing underneath

Seems appropriate...

Advertisement