Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm seriously considering buying a little ppaddling pool and a crate of beer after work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm seriously considering buying a little ppaddling pool and a crate of beer after work

To paddle in or to put the beer in? :p

Ankhyu wrote: »
    To paddle in or to put the beer in? :p

Put the beer in, then paddle. Obviously. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Put the beer in, then paddle. Obviously. :p

Paddle IN beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Get a few hotdogs and you're golden! :pac:
    wake3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Job offer yesterday, found out I got a 2.1 today. It's only Tuesday but this is the best week I've had in quite some time.

Job offer yesterday, found out I got a 2.1 today. It's only Tuesday but this is the best week I've had in quite some time.

Ah kb, I'm so happy for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Congrats KB. Well deserved.

GS, that paddling pool sounds like a great idea. Could really use it right now. Got some milkshakes though and they are going down a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I got my doggy a paddling pool :D

And I'm jealous of a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Congrats K B! Delighted for you!!

Spent the day helping out around the house. We were painting the outside house, windowsills etc, the place looks fecking great!

I am paying for it now though and have been curled up in a ball under my duvet waiting for painkillers to kick in!!

I could murder a bottle or two of Black Wych right now. Alas, I'm broke and the nearest stockist is in Artane.
    I want to go for drinks but common sense dictates that I buy my summer wardrobe first. Also, my MP3 player is dying a slow death and I'm too broke to replace it at the minute. Comic Con is coming up soon and I badly need to replace my clamped out mobile so everything is money, money, money. I'm generally quite good at saving but it's tough when you've got no job.
    I've applied everywhere and heard nothing back save for a clinical automated email telling me my "application was unsuccessful". :( Someone give me the winning Lotto numbers because I'm in serious need of a cash injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

So this week has been bloody awesome!! Booked the week off in January and we get a bloody heat wave!!!
    Got a new tattoo on saturday to start of me hols!
    Got offered a new Job with a Ridiculously big company! nice salary increase with good benefits!! happy happy happy :):D:D

Also this has been my view for the last few days from the decking of my Uncle's Holiday Home in Kerry :cool::cool:
    311349.jpg

I hope everyone else is having a great week so far :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

There are so many heavily tattooed lads playing in the World Cup. It's a wonderful sight :D

Good to see your taking the World Cup in the spirit it's intended Jen.

Congrats Gregers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    Good to see your taking the World Cup in the spirit it's intended Jen.

Go team an' all, scarleeeh for Spain getting hammered again, ludicrous display etc etc ...

... some of the players are nommy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

jenizzle wrote: »
    Go team an' all, scarleeeh for Spain getting hammered again, ludicrous display etc etc ...

What we're Spain thinking? They're always trying to walk it in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wait, they were trying?

Clearly you're a closet fan Damo. Knowing the teams? Bet you know who kicked all the points as well.

Just popped up Facebook. Awesomeness

10434268_289762091184699_3381569463752814740_n.jpg

Angron wrote: »
    Wait, they were trying?
    Orim wrote: »
    Clearly you're a closet fan Damo. Knowing the teams? Bet you know who kicked all the points as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all. Been a busy weekend/week. Also got a call for a job interview yesterday. Was talking to them this morning, they're looking for references so it's looking good. It has a weird shift where Wk. 1 I work 2 days on, 3 days off, two nights on, then Wk. 2 I work 2 days off, 3 nights on, 2 days off. Will take getting used to, but it could be a good 'un!! Fingers crossed. I just want to get back working proper again!!

And the tattooist rescheduled for Thursday week, so should have the sleeve finished then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Off to Wildcat for 2 full sessions on the sleeve next week can't wait to see what Attila comes up with.

tumblr_lts3wlVaoE1qhwlteo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Hey all, how goes all?

All excited on your soon to be fatherhood Marty? Have to say I love the name Ayla. Can't see why people questioned it.

KB congrats on the job. Are you in spain now?

PKM fingers crossed you get the job.

GS, I used to work for PixiFoto. Sounds like your job can be just as bad as how they operated. Hope something new comes along for you.

January keep the head up. I had FIVE years of bad luck until things finally turned around for me this year. Just keep a firm hold of that silver lining xx

Think I got most of ye there :)
    I'm LOVING life this year. Love my new job, cool neighbours, sound landlord and nice house. Everything else in life is a bonus :)

My best friend came home for a few weeks and got engaged :) Eight years together, it was a matter of time. I'm a bridesmaid so that got me further excited. Bought a whole section of engagement pressies in the shop. First of my tight group of school friends to get engaged. EXCITEMENT!!

Planning a holuday to italy. I want to hit milan, pisa, venice, florence, rome, naplesand capri in two weeks. Nearly all the logistics done. Just need to book.

Oh and AWESOME suspension!

I can see this being Marty in the near future:
    Ayla, you've got me on my knees.
    Ayla, I'm begging, darling please.
    Ayla, darling won't you please go back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hi all! I don't post in here too often,as I is very shy.You T&P folk seem chilled though.

Soaking up the sun down here,just wondering- what factor sunscreen do you use on tattoos?Have factor 40,but would hate my tattoos to fade.
    Should I get higher? A zillion perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Apparently anything over 30 doesn't work (factor 50 for example is banned in Australia...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Factor 50 doesn't work? I was having a bath in the stuff the last few days!

Spent the day out in my aunts today, had a lovely day altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

kellief wrote: »
    Factor 50 doesn't work? I was having a bath in the stuff the last few days!

Factor 30 blocks out about 98% of the suns rays so anything over that apparently doesn't really make a difference.

That said I know someone who was prescribed factor 100 after she got sun stroke.

Thanks all for the congratulations. Delighted with my degree. I put a lot of work in but personal stuff caused some difficulty during the exams so I wasn't sure how it would go. I wasn't offered the job I was originally interviewed for which was a management position as they don't think I'm ready (and tbh I completely agree) but I'm just glad have gotten an offer in general.

And no Foxy not in Spain in York (although currently home to sort out my stuff) but there is the opportunity to spend some time in one of their Spanish branches which is a bonus. York itself is a beautiful city with a really nice vibe. It actually feels a bit like a big Galway. :P

• Advertisement

I might be going on a date next Friday. Both nervous and excited.
    What to wear, what to wear... :D

Advertisement