Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not a ringing endorsement for croc meat then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Angron wrote: »
    Not a ringing endorsement for croc meat then :P

I really don't like it. :pac:

Superquinn used to sell both, along with pigeon and buffalo several years back. That's how I tried them for the first time :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't think I was in a Superquinn since I moved away from Kildare, so I'd never heard of that. Course, when I lived in Kildare we still had Crazy Prices instead of Tesco :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Said it before and il say it again
    Pigeon is absolutely B-E-A-Utiful
    And this time of year there's plenty about for a evenings hunt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Pigeon is good but I found it had an odd aftertaste. Zebra is the best meat I've ever had with boar being a close second.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Pigeon is good but I found it had an odd aftertaste. Zebra is the best meat I've ever had with boar being a close second.

Never had bad after taste. Was it in a restaurant?
    My pigeon are straight from field

Never had bad after taste. Was it in a restaurant?
    My pigeon are straight from field

Was in restaurant and it could have been whatever the dish was. Wasn't bad exactly, just a little unusual. Certainly didn't put off although the size did. Would want at least five :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Orim wrote: »

+1
    Boar is amazing. Kangaroo is surprisingly nice as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dodderangler, clear your inbox :pac: Popular basterd.

I think the side effects of my meds are starting to wear off. Was knocked out after I took them last night, but slept for 7 hours rather than 15, and woke up feeling alert rather than like a zombie :)

Work today and tomorrow, but then two lovely days off :) my sister is moving to England on Monday so I'm gonna go cry my eyes out at the airport :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Pigeon is amazinggggg, especially straight from the field. I always thought I'd never try it but my dad made some and put it on toast and YUMMERS.

Never had crocodile or kangaroo or anything like that... Must broaden my horizons.

• Advertisement

Quiet day in work being made bearable by rugby and street fighter but then both streams have broken at the same time. Why must life be so hard?

What rugby is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

South Africa v Scotland, not much of a contest truth be told

I'll take it the Scots were hammering them then? :pac:

Better than no rugby :( South Africa were just walking through the lines though.

True, the Scots are just dire though. Can't see Vern Cotter improving them much either

Angron wrote: »
    I'll take it the Scots were hammering them then? :pac:

IMO the scots are Ireland weak point.

Had a look, 48-6 to SA seems about right :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Forgot to add - I'm delighted your date went well! I'm assuming it did, since you've secured a second :D
    Strictly speaking, it's not so much a date as two internet penpals going to dinner. It was very awkward- we ran out of things to talk about after a half hour and as shallow as it is to say, he had bigger boobs than me. :/
    Still, he was a nice guy and we're still talking online so I'll play it by ear. He's a nice enough guy- I'm just not physically attracted to him as much as I like his personality.

Indeed. Saw them against Canada a couple of weeks ago and the Canadians gave them a great run, which really says a lot about their quality though.

Be interesting to see how Pollard develops for the World Cup. He had some nice touches today.

• Advertisement

IMO Canada would've won that if they hadn't have had one of their players sent off for basically being tackled.

Pollard could be a gem for South Africa, had a great U20 World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

See how it pans out, no harm in having dinner anyway!

Lovely weather this weekend isn't it? I love weekends like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I have wine and Lidls Chinese Fortune Cookies. I might be drunk. Weeeep.

Pint if lager mixed with bourbon and 7up
    Yep I'm gonna die :)

Having a dark and stormy (dark rum and ginger beer) here. It has not not worked, need to work out if it's bad ginger beer or the rums gone bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Bottle of strawberry & lime cider (aldi cheapy version, yummier than Kopparberg) here for me. I love having a baby that sleeps through the night...

What's that like? Is it a sweeter or less so than Kopparberg?

Fcuk me
    Bourbon and coke is officially my new drink :)

Some Franziskaner for myself watching Metallica at Glastonbury on the box

• Advertisement

Fcuk me
    Bourbon and coke is officially my new drink :)

Love bourbon and coke. If you can get your hands on some Wild Turkey or Makers Mark, both extremely delicious bourbons.

Advertisement