Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Raoul wrote: »
    I think Moreno could be a good shout. Was running very hard when he was fit. Millar is meant to be very talented but hasn't shown it yet.

Hard to know with Davis...could be a smoke screen saying that Charles might play. I still wouldn't be one hundred percent sure about starting Davis though.

Its a late game so if im in need of points ill go with davis if its tight ill try play it safe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Quick one on the rules of fantasy?

A team gets a 25yard pass say and it's competed so that's 1 point for the QB and 2.5 for the WR.
    Refs call a penalty against the defense for say 30 yards so naturally the offence accept the penalty.

Does the QB/WR still receive points or does the accepting the penalty override the reception??

And in general NFL stats - do these yards get added to the game totals for the players officially??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Play only stands if the penalty is declined afaik.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Peyton and Frank Gore letting me down tonight, a TD in the last few mins and they'll be forgiven though.

Peyton and Frank Gore letting me down tonight, a TD in the last few mins and they'll be forgiven though.

Peyton left me down too. Last minute I'm up by five points and no more players to play. He just couldnt leave it alone and for what? They get beat in OT anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I really hate the NFL app this year. Its awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I really hate the NFL app this year. Its awful.

I agree its worse than last years. Changing between teams is messy and the app in general is sh1t to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just a word on trades. If you get offered a trade in your league - any league, but especially a Boards league - then don't just ignore it. If you don't like the look of the trade, then reject it, or make a counter offer, or something. Show in some way that you have seen the offer and respond. It is basic manners.

It's something that p1ssed me off in previous years, people simply not responding to trade offers, and it continues this year. If someone goes to the trouble of offering you a trade, then have the decency to acknowledge this and respond in some way.

(Rant over....)

Im effectively running 3 teams. Struggled to get 8. 6 committed and two who have auto drafted and not made any changes. Now its bye week and they have no changes made. Angry phonecalls in the morning. Especially as one has philip rivers on bench and matt stafford starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Not sure there is too much wrong with starting Stafford against the jets. I know chargers are up against the jags but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Have now moved to W3 in my league. Am doing OK using the Free Agent to replace K and DEF as they pop up or now go on BYE but there's no players there really available that look any way close to stars available that are worth waiting on waivers.

Would you hold on to your pick and see about any potential injuries later in season?

Is this just how a 16 player league pans out that the initial DRAFT is big and trades after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Not sure there is too much wrong with starting Stafford against the jets. I know chargers are up against the jags but still.

Stafford is on injured reserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Stafford is on injured reserve.

No he's not?

:pac: What? Stafford is primed to have a big night against the Jets on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

:pac: What? Stafford is primed to have a big night against the Jets on Sunday.

Sorry dunno what the f**k I was thinking, was mixing him up with Bradford. I'm an idiot.

But if you start Stafford ahead of Rivers, that's pretty idiotic too. Especially given who the two teams are playing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just a question on adding players to your team.
    I see some have W (Sep 28) on the owner section,does that mean you can't add them till that date?

Anyone familiar with the espn site? Can the league manager make changes on other teams or assign someone to do so?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just a question on adding players to your team.
    I see some have W (Sep 28) on the owner section,does that mean you can't add them till that date?

Yes, you can apply but if someone higher up the waiver wants them before 28th they get them

Sorry dunno what the f**k I was thinking, was mixing him up with Bradford. I'm an idiot.

But if you start Stafford ahead of Rivers, that's pretty idiotic too. Especially given who the two teams are playing.

Disagree! Stafford will have a big game against the Jets, I think :)

Deco99 wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with the espn site? Can the league manager make changes on other teams or assign someone to do so?

Yeah they can definitely. I am not familiar with it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

fisgon wrote: »
    Just a word on trades. If you get offered a trade in your league - any league, but especially a Boards league - then don't just ignore it. If you don't like the look of the trade, then reject it, or make a counter offer, or something. Show in some way that you have seen the offer and respond. It is basic manners.

It's something that p1ssed me off in previous years, people simply not responding to trade offers, and it continues this year. If someone goes to the trouble of offering you a trade, then have the decency to acknowledge this and respond in some way.

(Rant over....)
    I let one go this year in the Prem League. Totally my fault. Got the email when I was out and forgot about it. Mortified. Forgot who it was so apologies if you see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

hi guys

div 3 player here, issue in our league, i left both a message about a unfair trade i accepted by accident to have it voided, neither gm replied despite message on her on the forum for div 3 and using the nfl.com fantasy email system. It happens that the guy in the trade is a GM so to be fair thats extra annoying as surely he has seen my communication.

manafana wrote: »
    hi guys

div 3 player here, issue in our league, i left both a message about a unfair trade i accepted by accident to have it voided, neither gm replied despite message on her on the forum for div 3 and using the nfl.com fantasy email system. It happens that the guy in the trade is a GM so to be fair thats extra annoying as surely he has seen my communication.

What was the trade? And did you mean to decline it rather than accept?

Edit: Just saw the thread on it. Other than Gordon being suspended which he will be back the trade is actually a balanced trade. I will contact the Commish of the league as I know him outside Boards but to be honest if it happened in the Prem I wouldn't overturn. Accepting a trade by mistake is your own fault to sound blunt.

TO. wrote: »
    What was the trade? And did you mean to decline it rather than accept?

Edit: Just saw the thread on it. Other than Gordon being suspended which he will be back the trade is actually a balanced trade. I will contact the Commish of the league as I know him outside Boards but to be honest if it happened in the Prem I wouldn't overturn. Accepting a trade by mistake is your own fault to sound blunt.

lack of communication an issue as much as not having it overturned for me its very unbalanced given gordan suspension is till 2nd half of season.

fyi comm will need to manually change players back to solve issue now. first time i have ever pressed accept over reject

lack of communication an issue as much as not having it overturned for me its very unbalanced given gordan suspension is till 2nd half of season.

fyi comm will need to manually change players back to solve issue now. first time i have ever pressed accept over reject

You would still have gain on Gordon for the back end of the season.

The way it is now though you would have to get players in the league to vote on it in my eyes. Unfair on everyone in a Boards league if one GM helps you out as it opens the door to folk saying the same thing they accepted a trade by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

For anyone who has been reading the stuff here today regarding division 3, i'm the GM of the league and here's my response posted in the division 3 thread...

Sorry it took so long to get on, lets get this cleared up.

First of all i was not the other party involved in the trade so get that right to start with.
    Second, if you wanted me to cancel the trade you should have pm'd me and told me what was going on, i seen you said on here you did but check your sent items as there's nothing in my inbox from you.
    Third there is a clear option of accept or decline on a trade so i dont understand how it was accepted by mistake.

If you want me to reverse the trade it leads into dodgy territory, as TO said if we do it once then every person who feels they got ripped off in a trade will ask the same thing. The only way i'll reverse it is if over half the league agree to it, majority rules so if 9 of the managers come on and say they dont mind it being reversed i'll have to consider it. And even at that i'll have to get in touch with the other gm's first anyway.

niall1811 wrote: »
    For anyone who has been reading the stuff here today regarding division 3, i'm the GM of the league and here's my response posted in the division 3 thread...

Sorry it took so long to get on, lets get this cleared up.

First of all i was not the other party involved in the trade so get that right to start with.
    Second, if you wanted me to cancel the trade you should have pm'd me and told me what was going on, i seen you said on here you did but check your sent items as there's nothing in my inbox from you.
    Third there is a clear option of accept or decline on a trade so i dont understand how it was accepted by mistake.

If you want me to reverse the trade it leads into dodgy territory, as TO said if we do it once then every person who feels they got ripped off in a trade will ask the same thing. The only way i'll reverse it is if over half the league agree to it, majority rules so if 9 of the managers come on and say they dont mind it being reversed i'll have to consider it. And even at that i'll have to get in touch with the other gm's first anyway.

i didn't pm you as i didnt know your boards name for the gm the thread didn't really say, i did email all the league team owners. I did it by accident once it happened i came to the thread with my error straight away, the player i had trade with is also gm so disappointing he ignored it

great any lack of inaction is great, i have played 3yrs never asked anything and this couldn't even be resolved, i realised my mistake straight away, now some chancer has worked out of the trade.

i didn't pm you as i didnt know your boards name for the gm the thread didn't really say, i did email all the league team owners. I did it by accident once it happened i came to the thread with my error straight away, the player i had trade with is also gm so disappointing he ignored it

It is mentioned a couple of pages back in the Div 3 thread who the Commish is:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056426324&page=9
    Talk to niall1811, he is the GM and supposed to sort out invites for the new teams
    niall1811 wrote: »
    Been hectic with work ill get the invites out this week, still plenty of time biggrin.png

First couple of pages of this thread also its mentioned who the GM/Commish are.
    great any lack of inaction is great, i have played 3yrs never asked anything and this couldn't even be resolved, i realised my mistake straight away, now some chancer has worked out of the trade.

The thing is though as others have said most if not all leagues wouldn't over turn it. As Spongey said if both parties agreed then something could be done also. If neither of those options work then you have guys voting. But the League Commish needs to be informed right away. Best way is always to pm them both in the Fantasy page itself on nfl.com and on here.

This happened me a few years back in a paid league the dumbass I am I accepted the wrong trade and ended up losing my guys. Guy who traded rejected the rest of the league rejected and I lost out but have no learnd not to push anything until I know its the right option. And I have been playing fantasy for over 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

I get that you're pissed off about it, i don't understand how anyone else is listed as a GM since its been me for that last 3 years.
    I check boards regular and as TO said it was mentioned a good bit that it was me, its gonna be here to be the best place to get me.
    Give me the team name of the other party involved and i'll PM him and see if we can resolve this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Sproles returns punt for TD. How many points is that? Fantasy hasn't updated for that

Advertisement