Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The 1st point still stands. It's a no brainer

Wasnt a no brainer after. I'll have same dilemma next week but cooks is at home so prob have to stick with him. Quick going to be useful for bye weeks or injuries. Hes seeing alot of ball. Prob still available on most leagues for anyone who is short on WRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Lads,
    question for week 3:
    would you start E.Sanders(DEN) @ SEA, or J.Jones(OAK) @ NE?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

check out the guy in our league (div 4) that lost this week by 0.02 points yet had Aaron Rodgers on the bench.

Never seen a gameweek that close.

He cant have been happy waking up this morning to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

check out the guy in our league (div 4) that lost this week by 0.02 points yet had Aaron Rodgers on the bench.

He might have been happy until you reminded him.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

322398.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

PauloConn wrote: »
    He might have been happy until you reminded him.....:P

a timely reminder to NEVER leave your studs on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

a timely reminder to NEVER leave your studs on the bench.
    Or, in the case of me and Adrian Peterson, on the team...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Would you start Kaep or Tannehill this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

BKWDR wrote: »
    Would you start Kaep or Tannehill this week?

Kap every week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Except last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah I wouldn't have such blind faith in him. There are definitely weeks where I would prefer someone else. I would be tempted to go with Ryan. Up against the Cheifs whose D isn't great. Peterson will be a big thorn in Kaep's side this week I think. The main thing with Kaep is you might get a rushing TD.

Gah blasted Beastmode having problem with his back...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Vernon Davis might miss this week too which wouldn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

BKWDR wrote: »
    Gah blasted Beastmode having problem with his back...

Turbin available in most leagues id say. I snapped him up in the Boards prem league earlier :cool:

D3PO wrote: »
    Turbin available in most leagues id say. I snapped him up in the Boards prem league earlier :cool:

He was snapped up on waivers there this morning, i was late enough on the waiver list, high enough pick now for next week.

I have CJ Spiller on the bench. I could throw him on but if Lynch gets on and turns it on i could be kicking myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Lynch will play Sunday. I can't see his injury affecting him. According to most sources its "Precautionary" he has been held out of practice. I hope :D Have him in 2 leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Anyone else labouring over whether to start Martin or Rainey?

My only other option would be a stuttering Zac Stacey against a pretty solid Dallas run defence..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Anyone else labouring over whether to start Martin or Rainey?

My only other option would be a stuttering Zac Stacey against a pretty solid Dallas run defence..

i'd go Rainey over Martin. I'll be starting him in at least one league.

looks like Rainey will start tonight.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

i'd go Rainey over Martin. I'll be starting him in at least one league.

looks like Rainey will start tonight.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin/1

Glad I added him so.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

If Charles doesn't make it this week - who would people put in for week 3?

Knile Davis, Khiry Robinson or Lamar Miller?

• Advertisement

Davis, the issue will be if charles is active but still injured, but if Charles is inactive then Davis would be the one to be with.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

adrian522 wrote: »
    Davis, the issue will be if charles is active but still injured, but if Charles is inactive then Davis would be the one to be with.

That's what I'm thinking, if Charles is definitely out then Davis, but not sure if he is only limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

In a 14 team league would you trade Demaryius and Asiata for Jordy and Reggie Bush?

Team is:
    Newton
    Morris Asiata Gerhart Tate Hill
    Demaryius MiFloyd TWilliams Quick DAdams
    Pitta Donnell

I'm reluctant to give both up but I have 3 WRs on bye in week 4. Jordy's been flying and Demaryius not really firing yet. I'm just worried that Bush isn't really an upgrade for me. Am I crazy not to jump at this? All the trade evaluation tools are telling me to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'd imagine most people would consider Bush an upgrade over Asiata?

Tristram wrote: »
    I'd imagine most people would consider Bush an upgrade over Asiata?

Hard to know. Joique Bell has been getting a lot of carries. But then again how long will Asiata be a starter for? Jordy Nelson is probably just as good as Thomas. I would go for it.

Had Rainey in a couple of leagues. Lucky to get over 6 points with his two fumbles. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting him or Martin next week if Martin is active.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Raoul wrote: »
    Hard to know. Joique Bell has been getting a lot of carries. But then again how long will Asiata be a starter for? Jordy Nelson is probably just as good as Thomas. I would go for it.

Had Rainey in a couple of leagues. Lucky to get over 6 points with his two fumbles. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting him or Martin next week if Martin is active.

Thanks for the input lads. I'm leaning towards doing it. Asiata is a huge unknown. He could be this year's Zac Stacy if things go right for him. I also have doubts over Bush's production with Bell there. I agree Jordy is equal to Thomas if not better so far this season.

I've counter offered Michael Floyd instead of Demaryius but I'd be shocked if he takes that. He's a Giants fan so I could still throw in Donnell if needs be to see if he bites.

Liam2012 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input lads. I'm leaning towards doing it. Asiata is a huge unknown. He could be this year's Zac Stacy if things go right for him. I also have doubts over Bush's production with Bell there. I agree Jordy is equal to Thomas if not better so far this season.

I've counter offered Michael Floyd instead of Demaryius but I'd be shocked if he takes that. He's a Giants fan so I could still throw in Donnell if needs be to see if he bites.

I do think Asiata is very poor though and Bush is liable to get a TD off a big run and also may play a big part in the passing game. McKinnion is meant to be the better back at the Vikings, and some say he could be in line to lay further down the stretch if Peterson doesn't get back into the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Might have the chance to pick up Knowshon Moreno as a FA tomorrow morning. What do you reckon? Seems he might be back after the game in London, earlier than expected. Would need to drop my second QB Cutler ( I have Andrew Luck) as I've stashed Josh Gordon and don't want to give up any other option to the rest. Luck alone should be fine till his bye week in week ten so I could push that problem down the road for a while. Some lad pipped me to Mark Ingram by a minute I'd say, can't believe whoever dropped him wouldn't wait for his injury to clear. Only a ten team league so we all have decent players all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Kniles Davis???? Picked him up when I heard about Charles injury but surely even if charles plays it will be a limited workload. Enough to start davis?

• Advertisement

I think Moreno could be a good shout. Was running very hard when he was fit. Millar is meant to be very talented but hasn't shown it yet.

Hard to know with Davis...could be a smoke screen saying that Charles might play. I still wouldn't be one hundred percent sure about starting Davis though.

Advertisement