Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Not updating for me either.

What am I supposed to actually watch the games now or something :eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Worryingly, mine aren't updating but my opponent's are...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

2nd week in a row my opponent has started people on bye weeks. What's are policy on that this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

2nd week in a row my opponent has started people on bye weeks. What's are policy on that this year?

Boards league? If they are inactive and not making an effort its punishable:
    4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Had Jimmy Graham and Calvin Johnson yesterday, whilst graham is on a bye week, i dont know if i can afford another 0 off Calvin. Injury reports keep saying he is good to go but alas the lady doth protest too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Since the controversy in Div 3 re: the trade that was accepted by accident i think we should get a rule in place to cover this if it happens again.

Personally i'm always ultra careful when pressing accept/reject so i dont make such error as a lot of the leagues i'm in are less forgiving if you accept in error. I cant remember if you press accept does it bring you to a second screen to confirm like it does with adding players. If it does then i'm less sympathetic to those who accept in error.

My opinion is that in future any trades accepted in error can only be reversed with the agreement of both parties involved and that the GM cannot reverse it (unless its a blatantly one sided trade)

Happy to hear other peoples opinions on this and whatever rule is the most popular with all of ye will be set

Same thing has just happened it Div 6 so an official rule is perhaps needed next year.

Nothing unfair about the trade itself but I've said if both parties agree to it then I'll reverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I think if you start accepting doing something by accident as an excuse, you set a precedent. What if I started my 12 point scoring QB over my 25 point scoring QB "by accident"? What if I accidentally click draft on the wrong player next year?

Plenty of accidents have happened and rarely have people looked to have them overturned. I don't like this new wave of pleading with the GM to overturn your own mistakes. The only policy we should have for "by accident" mistakes should be a Tough Shít policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

I think if you start accepting doing something by accident as an excuse, you set a precedent. What if I started my 12 point scoring QB over my 25 point scoring QB "by accident"? What if I accidentally click draft on the wrong player next year?

Plenty of accidents have happened and rarely have people looked to have them overturned. I don't like this new wave of pleading with the GM to overturn your own mistakes. The only policy we should have for "by accident" mistakes should be a Tough Shít policy.

Agreed. Unless it's a stupidly lop-sided trade - in which case the league should vote it down anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

tought **** policy all the way.

My browser crashed and I missed a draft pick this year. I logged straight back in but it was too late. I posted immediatly my disgust as I wanted Sammy Watkins but got Charles Clay on an autopick.

Where do you stop if you beging to manually correct errors ? Should everybody have left watkins undrafted and then the GM give him to me ? Hell no.

Tought sh1t. Deal with it. No difference ou have to roll with the punches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Nothing unfair about the trade itself but I've said if both parties agree to it then I'll reverse.

If both parties agree to it, they can just make the trade in the opposite direction. If that means they have to miss a week on the original team, then so be it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yep, would be inclined to agree but since it was allowed happen only last week in Division 3 then I felt I better leave the option open to it being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

D3PO wrote: »
    tought **** policy all the way.

My browser crashed and I missed a draft pick this year. I logged straight back in but it was too late. I posted immediatly my disgust as I wanted Sammy Watkins but got Charles Clay on an autopick.

Where do you stop if you beging to manually correct errors ? Should everybody have left watkins undrafted and then the GM give him to me ? Hell no.

Tought sh1t. Deal with it. No difference ou have to roll with the punches.

If we're getting into it, my last three draft picks all went to autodraft on the app for reasons I couldn't understand, totally destroyed my draft. I'd like those players back while we're on the subject. Also, I was late for the draft and autodrafted Peterson. I didn't mean that either...I'll be taking Arian Foster thanks.

TO. wrote: »
    Boards league? If they are inactive and not making an effort its punishable:

Boards league, division 1 where i'd expect there to be some manner of dedication to setting the lineup each week. Obviously I can understand if something came up last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Boards league, division 1 where i'd expect there to be some manner of dedication to setting the lineup each week. Obviously I can understand if something came up last minute.

Even holidays or the like is not an excuse. You can go ahead and set your team for each week until the end of the season. I have mine set through all the bye weeks - It's actually a handy exercise to see are there weeks where you will be decimated with byes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Even holidays or the like is not an excuse. You can go ahead and set your team for each week until the end of the season. I have mine set through all the bye weeks - It's actually a handy exercise to see are there weeks where you will be decimated with byes.

You can click ahead to the weeks and set it and once submitted that selection is retained?? I didnt know that!

BKWDR wrote: »
    You can click ahead to the weeks and set it and once submitted that selection is retained?? I didnt know that!

Yep - On your "My Team" page, below your team badge, click on the blue drop down arrow beside "WEEK 6" and you can move forward through the weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Sorry about the delay.

I'm not a fan of cancelling of trades once accepted, however, Davey put the message up here seconds after accepting it.

As a one off, and because it seems like a genuine error, I'm willing to have it cancelled.

I don't want this to set an example of how things run from now on. Had Davey waited an hour and then decided he had changed his mind, I would have been in the "tough sh1t" club.

But since it was an instant reaction, I will ask the commish to cancel the trade

I've just posted this on the Div 6 thread.

I've had to think long and hard about it, first reaction is tough sh*t, as it should be, but I'm gonna go with my gut and agree to cancel.

I can't justify it with any other reason than it is a gut instinct decision, and whether right or wrong, it will be a one off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Advice: Would you start...

Sproles @ Giants

Or

Spiller @ Patriots

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sproles!

Spiller is hardly getting any playing time. At least with Sproles you have a great chance of a big play.

i dropped spiller to the waivers, he's been useless

My own dilemma, Quick or Asiata for flex? I have Sankey playing Jags and DeAndre Hopkins too but not sure I lovin either of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

quick for me. Hes been fantastic this year and has developed a real relationship with Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Looking for a different angle on my WR's this week.

I am starting

Nelson @MIA
    M. Floyd @ WAS
    Benjamin @ CIN

I have Wheaton and Hunter on the bench both with favorable matchups and am looking at swapping one in for Benjamin. My dilema is that Wheaton had a favorable match-up @JAX last week and did nothing. Were the Jags up for this game, is there D better than expected or did the Steelers just have a mare (haven't seen the game). I ask because I had thought to start Hunter over Benjamin, he had a good week last week (albeit 1 huge TD pass) so hopefully has some hope going into his game with Jags this week.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Looking for a different angle on my WR's this week.

I am starting

Nelson @MIA
    M. Floyd @ WAS
    Benjamin @ CIN

I have Wheaton and Hunter on the bench both with favorable matchups and am looking at swapping one in for Benjamin. My dilema is that Wheaton had a favorable match-up @JAX last week and did nothing. Were the Jags up for this game, is there D better than expected or did the Steelers just have a mare (haven't seen the game). I ask because I had thought to start Hunter over Benjamin, he had a good week last week (albeit 1 huge TD pass) so hopefully has some hope going into his game with Jags this week.

My own gut would be that the QB situation at Tennessee makes Hunter unreliable, could be anything, thats why i'm thinking Sankey may be worth a punt. Wheaton has been poor, so I'd stick with Benjamin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

For my 3x WR and a Flex I need to leave one of these guys out...

Percy Harvin
    Golden Tate
    Roddy White
    Odell Beckham
    AJ Green

At the moment leaning towards leaning towards leaving Beckham on the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

AJ Green not looking like he'll play anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think we need to make changes to the FF for the divisional leagues. I think 16 is too many. There is far too much luck involved in it imo. All it takes is for one of your big early picks to go down and you are in trouble.

I was just considering putting up a trade in my division and I wanted a RB but as I went through the teams it became clear that everybody is struggling to field two decent RBs. Three WRs is a struggle for most teams too. There is nothing on the waiver wire unless there is injuries. I just don't think its the way fantasy is supposed to be played.

I think we have to look at reducing the leagues to 14 teams and putting in a flex position and instead of having three WRs. Imo the flex should be open to all positions outside of QB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think we need to make changes to the FF for the divisional leagues. I think 16 is too many. There is far too much luck involved in it imo. All it takes is for one of your big early picks to go down and you are in trouble.

I don't agree I have lost plenty of key players over the years with 16 team and still made playoffs with the team or come close.
    I was just considering putting up a trade in my division and I wanted a RB but as I went through the teams it became clear that everybody is struggling to field two decent RBs. Three WRs is a struggle for most teams too. There is nothing on the waiver wire unless there is injuries. I just don't think its the way fantasy is supposed to be played.

There is no set way on how it is played. My two paid leagues increased to 16 in recent years and still very competitive as everyone is in the same boat. Those who succeed are those who are able to work the trades and FA and waivers.
    I think we have to look at reducing the leagues to 14 teams and putting in a flex position and instead of having three WRs. Imo the flex should be open to all positions outside of QB.

Dropping to 14 could work but it would have to be in my eyes a mass majority vote on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

It's very easy see both sides of the argument here. In my opinion the biggest problem with 16 teams is that the talent is spread so thinly that this drives the scores down and a team with a big scorer is almost guaranteed a win.
    What I mean is that in 10/12/14 team leagues scores regularly go north of 120, while this would be fairly uncommon in 16 team leagues. Therefore someone who has a player putting up a big number by themselves (eg Demaryius Thomas last week) is fairly certain of a win. However as TO says, trades, waiver, and FA become increasingly important and this is as big a part of the game as the draft.
    Personally I'd be on the fence about whether to stay at 16 or reduce it. I'd have no problem with staying at 16 but saying that I'd,if pressed into calling it, I'd probably sway slightly towards reducing to 14.
    However this may be, because of a combination Montee Balls injury and no decent running backs on the WW meaning that LeGarrett Blount will probably start for me this week. So basically I'm f****d ntil Ball is back! And even at that he's underperforming this year! The joys of FF!

I love the challenge of a 16 team league. Its great picking up a gem in the last round of the draft and it working out. In smaller leagues you have a chance to draft a strong team while half looking at the screen. The frustration when a star gets injured is understandably frustrating but its great going through the waiver wire to try and find a diamond in the rough.

• Advertisement

I like the challenge of the 16-team league as well. The "problem" is that the knowledge and standard in the Boards leagues is so high that you'll often find that some no-name undrafted rookie has been picked up before he has that break-out performance.

I would be against a drop to 14 team leagues, but a W/R/T flex could be an option.

Advertisement