Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Looking for a bit of advice. I never usually ask for help but this week in one of my non-boards leagues im completely stumped as to what to do.
    My roster is:
    QB: Cutler, Newton
    RB: Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Ellington
    WR: Reggie Wayne, Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Floyd, Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas
    (I'm sorted at TE,K,D/ST)
    Its a 10 team league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex
    If i had to pick I'd go for Newton, Charles, Lynch anyway and any 3 of the 6 WR for the other 3 positions. Possibly Ellington in the flex. Any opinions/thoughts are appreciated.
    I even looked at their projected scores, which I never do, and each RB is projected to score between 13.8 and 16.1 with each WR projected between 11.9 and 15.1 And I'm still projected to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Id go

QB Newton
    RBS Charles & Lynch
    WR Thomas & Sanders
    Flex Benjamin

Thats what id go with. Only flaw with that is Newton and Benjamin as both panthers so Newton has a bad game increased chance you double up the misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

QB Cutler
    RB Lynch, Charles (how did you get the two in a ten man league???)
    WR Sander and Thomas ( The sheriff is back in town)
    Flex Benjamin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Deco99 wrote: »
    QB Cutler
    RB Lynch, Charles (how did you get the two in a ten man league???)
    WR Sander and Thomas ( The sheriff is back in town)
    Flex Benjamin

Cutler for me too.

Thanks for the help guys. To answer Deco's question, I got offered Charles in a trade as a straight swap for Rashad Jennings last week. Needless to say I accepted and was delighted with his 3 TD's the other night. :) Managed to pick up Benjamin on WW after week 1 too which proved to be a nice piece of business so far

• Advertisement

The Bogman wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys. To answer Deco's question, I got offered Charles in a trade as a straight swap for Rashad Jennings last week. Needless to say I accepted and was delighted with his 3 TD's the other night. :) Managed to pick up Benjamin on WW after week 1 too which proved to be a nice piece of business so far

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I can't put anymore.

Yep...couldn't believe it at first myself,thought that I had missed something

Clearly Knile Davis is taking over as Number 1 in Kansas.......clearly. Someone on another thread believed that anyway.

It must have been by accident. We should overturn this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Without seeing anyone else in that league, you should walk it...

I'd go with Keenan Allen ahead of Sanders BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Start Riley Cooper, or Andrew Hawkins?

Hawkins for me. Possible that Riley Cooper will pull something off but Hawkins is probably a solid 6/7 points and then maybe you get a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So apparently they decide on Weds/ Thurs to adjust the Bills D's score from 9 pts to 10pts, meaning instead of squeaking a win by .03 pts, I lose by .92 pts. ****ing pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

So apparently they decide on Weds/ Thurs to adjust the Bills D's score from 9 pts to 10pts, meaning instead of squeaking a win by .03 pts, I lose by .92 pts. ****ing pissed.

same thing happened to me in the boards premier division. Exact same stat adjust too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Who to start - Eli Manning or Jay Cutler? Manning is home to Atlanta while Jay is @Carolina. Eli has been on the bench all games so far but leaing towards him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Eli is at home to a team who have been brutal on pass defence. Jay is away to one of better d's in league.... erm I'd go cutler :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Panthers defense is overrated, I'd go cutler to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Shows how a tight a decision this is because I'd go with Eli. At home to a D that puts no pressure on opposing QB's and have allowed the 6th most points so far this year.

I would go Jay. Can see the Bears airing it out while the Giants will run all over the Falcons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's on netflix, first season or 2 are excellent, downhill since then.

Eh, Rafi?????

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »
    Eh, Rafi?????

One Rafi does not make it any less of a turd. Season 3 on stinks the place out.

Andre hopkins is a free agent in my league. I could only sub eddie royal or percy harvin? Megatron a doubt so might need both. What we think.

Hopkins is probably a better choice than Eddie Royal for the rest of the season.

Raoul wrote: »
    Hopkins is probably a better choice than Eddie Royal for the rest of the season.

Also spotted golden tate available. Preference? Last question for this week :-)

I would definitely go Hopkins over Tate. Hopkins nearly looks like the number 1 wr whereas Golden Tate is second fiddle to Calvin and you already have Megatron so it is unlikely that you would want to start the two of them?

Raoul wrote: »
    I would definitely go Hopkins over Tate. Hopkins nearly looks like the number 1 wr whereas Golden Tate is second fiddle to Calvin and you already have Megatron so it is unlikely that you would want to start the two of them?

No just if megatron declared out before game. Tate number one for that game then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Jordan Matthews vs Rams or Michael Floyd agains Broncos?

so torn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Are Fantasy scores not updating for anyone else or is it just me??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Are Fantasy scores not updating for anyone else or is it just me??
    Not updating for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Same here, not updating on either web or mobile.

Advertisement