Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Anyone dropping Tate (out 2-4 weeks) or is he a hold? Cleveland have a week 4 bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

when today does FA open??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

BKWDR wrote: »
    when today does FA open??

Tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I'm in a ten man league, someone dropped Toby Gerhart yesterday, it's a no brainer picking him up probably for Carlos Hyde as a FA if I can get him, right??

I know he's slightly questionable this weekend and I wouldn't be calling on him anyway, seems strange for someone to drop him as he was a reasonably middle tier draft pick. Nabbed Josh Gordon on waivers hoping he gets back, happy with my first week overall. Enjoying it far more than FPL where always felt like everyone has the same players! Wish I had entered a boards league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm in a ten man league, someone dropped Toby Gerhart yesterday, it's a no brainer picking him up probably for Carlos Hyde as a FA if I can get him, right??

I know he's slightly questionable this weekend and I wouldn't be calling on him anyway, seems strange for someone to drop him as he was a reasonably middle tier draft pick. Nabbed Josh Gordon on waivers hoping he gets back, happy with my first week overall. Enjoying it far more than FPL where always felt like everyone has the same players! Wish I had entered a boards league.

I'd hold onto Hyde.He looks like a great player and should anything happen to Frank Gore he'll be the number 1 guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'd hold onto Hyde.He looks like a great player and should anything happen to Frank Gore he'll be the number 1 guy.

Echo this keep hyde

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Fair enough. My thinking was starting running backs for a lesser team would be better than a number 2 at the 49ers. This is my first year playing, should I essentially only start Hyde if Gore goes down or should I start him even as a number 2 against a poor run defence? Feels like there would always be a better option hence keeping him seems like a bit of a luxury?

It feels like I have so many options in a ten man league. I would always start my big four players- M Forte, L Bell, B Marshall, Luck, possibly Ellington too, Means because I have to start a tight end there are basically only one or max two spots for all these options! I probably should have gone with a league with more players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

Fair enough. My thinking was starting running backs for a lesser team would be better than a number 2 at the 49ers. This is my first year playing, should I essentially only start Hyde if Gore goes down or should I start him even as a number 2 against a poor run defence? Feels like there would always be a better option hence keeping him seems like a bit of a luxury?

It feels like I have so many options in a ten man league. I would always start my big four players- M Forte, L Bell, B Marshall, Luck, possibly Ellington too, Means because I have to start a tight end there are basically only one or max two spots for all these options! I probably should have gone with a league with more players.

If you have Forte, Bell and Ellington...I wouldn't be too worried about Carlos Hyde or Gerhart.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Looking for some advice lads - first year playing fantasy, only watching NFL the past few seasons.

Got burnt badly last week with my running backs - took Charles as 1st round pick so more patient with him, but my RB2 at present is Stacy.

The Rams were horrible last week and he might not get much change out of the Bucs this weekend.

Should I persevere for another week or spring either Gerhart or Moreno from the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

No_Deal wrote: »
    Looking for some advice lads - first year playing fantasy, only watching NFL the past few seasons.

Got burnt badly last week with my running backs - took Charles as 1st round pick so more patient with him, but my RB2 at present is Stacy.

The Rams were horrible last week and he might not get much change out of the Bucs this weekend.

Should I persevere for another week or spring either Gerhart or Moreno from the bench?

Gerhart is a plodder, try to trade him for some value. Go with Moreno this week, he was outstanding last week & will be Miami's clear No.1 pretty soon

• Advertisement

No_Deal wrote: »

I have Stacy too. Very hard to know. I wouldn't take him out for Gerhart. Moreno played really hard last week though. Buccs have a good Run D. Rams are struggling at QB so this means that they may run more but if they go behind by a few they will have to start throwing. Miami up against the Bills who also have a decent D.

I myself would go with Moreno for this week. It really is hard to know and a bit of a gamble. Stacy could get a TD and beat Moreno but Moreno looked great last week.

Ok quick question. I didnt pick anyone up on waivers this week..just FA

my waiver position is now #7 (was #12) is that because i didnt pick anyone up? If i continue not to pick anyone up on waivers will i get closer to #1 pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

my waiver position is now #7 (was #12) is that because i didnt pick anyone up? If i continue not to pick anyone up on waivers will i get closer to #1 pick?

Is this the boards league? If so then yes, as soon as someone makes a waivers claim, they go back to the bottom of the queue (and you'll go passed them).

Some leagues (as default I think) have waiver claims based on curren record (so worst record each week gets 1st claim)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Brian Quick or Brandin Cooks?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Brian Quick or Brandin Cooks?

Austin Davis or Drew Brees is the question there IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yep, when someone has a successful waiver claim they move to the back of the queue.

Dodge wrote: »

True but the expectation is davis may have to throw long while brees has jimmy graham to target.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Dodge wrote: »
    Deco99 wrote: »
    True but the expectation is davis may have to throw long while brees has jimmy graham to target.

The 1st point still stands. It's a no brainer

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The 1st point still stands. It's a no brainer

I would agree here.

Raoul wrote: »
    I would agree here.

Cooks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Its funny Quick has benefited from the QB mess in St Louis but Cooks over Quick should be a no brainer then again Austin Davis seems to like Quick a lot. But Cooks is more of a solid pick as he has already established rapport with Brees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Anybody else already having a brutal season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Can someone explain how 8 sacks equates to only 12 points in fantasy for the Redskins so far - seems a little bit on the low side all things considered :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Tough and weird day in Fantasy. So many of my players performing so badly.

Benched Sanders. Played Jennings. Already regretting that...2 minutes into Broncos game

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lost count of how many points that I've lost due to flags tonight. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Masked Man wrote: »
    Anybody else already having a brutal season?

I want to give up already.

Have 4 teams.

Auction team I had RG3 and AJ Green starting.

Boards team I had Chris & Calvin johnson, B Cooks and T Wright starting (a total of 15.4) and had Sanu, West & K Davis on the bench (53.9)

Work league I started Big Ben over Rivers and forgot to take out Doug Martin.

Fantasy football is a stupid game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

8 team league I started

AJ Green
    Jamaal Charles
    Vernon Davis
    Knowshon Moreno

Sum total 5.5 points.

I should win my boards league game even with Charles injury (unless the Eagles D score 30 points)

I've won my PPR match up here with 2 players spare

Ryan Matthews injury cost me in a 16 team league though (especially with Matt Forte only getting 3.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

With the spate of injuries around Im sure most have probably been hit in some way shape or form.

I should win my boards league game despite Matthews being injured though (I'm 20 points clear with TY Hilton and Riley Cooper to go tonight versus my opponent having Vineateri, Fleener and Wayne)

Hopefully the Matthews imjury it isnt too bad, because both my backup RB's are both injured Tate & Helu !!

Advertisement