Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

BKWDR wrote: »
    Sproles returns punt for TD. How many points is that? Fantasy hasn't updated for that

I don't think he gets any points. Special teams may get points but not sproles I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Depends on league settings. Div 1 he has one point atm, Boards PPR he has 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Sproles returns punt for TD. How many points is that? Fantasy hasn't updated for that

Standard ESPN and NFL.com settings the defense/ST gets the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

TO. wrote: »
    Standard ESPN and NFL.com settings the defense/ST gets the score.

Thanks! Disaster, had banked on Sproles getting me across the line..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Deco99 wrote: »
    Im effectively running 3 teams. Struggled to get 8. 6 committed and two who have auto drafted and not made any changes. Now its bye week and they have no changes made. Angry phonecalls in the morning. Especially as one has philip rivers on bench and matt stafford starting.

The guy that doesnt change his team, plays no defence and no tight end, and gets 142 points, his opposition had a mare and got 40 points. The second no show brought in a defence eventually, panthers for a loss of 8. could'nt make that up.

I've a question for ye. Two weeks ago i picked up Knile Davis for a solid week once Charles was ruled out, this week i picked up Matt Asiata in APs absence. Also got Donald Brown but he was crap. My question is who do we see getting a lot more action this coming week? Even though Asiata got 3 TDs i thought Mkennon (i think) did well and will prob get more action. Bishop Sanky worth picking up again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

I would definitely keep Donald Brown. Chargers could pass all day against the Jags. The week before he had 30 something touches. Davis is great but only good if Charles is out, so you are hoping that he gets injured. I have no idea about Asiata, I thought he would be crap but he got those 3tds and McKinnon did look very good.

Sankey..I think he looks good but it was fairly late in the game before he got some touches. Lots of people really liked him before the season.

For me...I would keep Brown and Asiata. If you have Asiata then you should try and get McKinnon in case he takes over. That way you are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Vikings have said McKinnon will be used as a change of pace back for the rest of the season.

Seems they don't want to overload him yet as they have high hopes for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Since the controversy in Div 3 re: the trade that was accepted by accident i think we should get a rule in place to cover this if it happens again.

Personally i'm always ultra careful when pressing accept/reject so i dont make such error as a lot of the leagues i'm in are less forgiving if you accept in error. I cant remember if you press accept does it bring you to a second screen to confirm like it does with adding players. If it does then i'm less sympathetic to those who accept in error.

My opinion is that in future any trades accepted in error can only be reversed with the agreement of both parties involved and that the GM cannot reverse it (unless its a blatantly one sided trade)

Happy to hear other peoples opinions on this and whatever rule is the most popular with all of ye will be set

My opinion is that in future any trades accepted in error can only be reversed with the agreement of both parties involved

I would think this is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

absolutely. If you make a mistake thats your own fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Since the controversy in Div 3 re: the trade that was accepted by accident i think we should get a rule in place to cover this if it happens again.

Personally i'm always ultra careful when pressing accept/reject so i dont make such error as a lot of the leagues i'm in are less forgiving if you accept in error. I cant remember if you press accept does it bring you to a second screen to confirm like it does with adding players. If it does then i'm less sympathetic to those who accept in error.

My opinion is that in future any trades accepted in error can only be reversed with the agreement of both parties involved and that the GM cannot reverse it (unless its a blatantly one sided trade)

Happy to hear other peoples opinions on this and whatever rule is the most popular with all of ye will be set

on nfl.com it was a single click to make my mistake first time I have done it, thanks to the GM for his work on handling the issue

mistake or not its tough crap.

I made a mistake dropping the wrong player in a waiver move by accident a few years ago (Larry Fitz). It was clearly a mistake too as he was a WR1 option at the time but I sucked it up it was my error tough luck.

Mistakes cost people in sport and they cost people in fantasy football too.

D3PO wrote: »
    mistake or not its tough crap.

I made a mistake dropping the wrong player in a waiver move by accident a few years ago (Larry Fitz). It was clearly a mistake too as he was a WR1 option at the time but I sucked it up it was my error tough luck.

Mistakes cost people in sport and they cost people in fantasy football too.

Agree. Way I see it is the same way D3PO sees it. I have been playing Fantasy a long time and the only trades that ever get over turned are those where guys are clearly taking the piss and then again in some league folk let them go.

In Paid leagues you make a mistake and you are on your own. And it sounds harsh but I do feel the same about any competitive league. You fook up though sh1t.

Now in the spirit of the Boards community If people want the system in place where if the 2 parties agree to overturn it then the GM can do so that is fine or if the whole league vote on it that is fine also whatever the majority want.

I think anybody playing Boards fantasy football should be made watch the league as part of an induction program.

Fantasy football is serious people :p

Shiva camini soma ............ :D

I think anybody playing Boards fantasy football should be made watch the league as part of an induction program.

Where is that series available ? is it on netflix or anywhere?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's on netflix, first season or 2 are excellent, downhill since then.

Where is that series available ? is it on netflix or anywhere?

netflix yep.

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's on netflix, first season or 2 are excellent, downhill since then.

Hard to keep up with a storyline of stealing Jay Cultlers wifes breastmilk though. Had to go downhill from there haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Ah ah ah I can only quote you on this, you're right!!!

I take it you can't have to ask.

Can you, as part of a trade, offer your waiver position?

• Advertisement

No it would be impossible to enforce.

Ah that's ok, figured as much :)

There really does be slim pickin's in a 16 man league...

as said not possible although it would be a cool enhancement if the NFL ever introduced it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

If you read the Matt Berry book, in a trade could go much more than a waiver position...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Some advice this week

Teddy Terrific @ Green Bay or Russell Wilson @ Washington

Torrey Smith @ Indianpolis, John Brown (Arizona) @ Denver or Jordan Matthews vs St. Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

I tried to trade for a waiver position in week two. Don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Hard to enforce yes but surely shouldn't be frowned upon.

gufc21 wrote: »
    I tried to trade for a waiver position in week two. Don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Hard to enforce yes but surely shouldn't be frowned upon.

Well its not frowned upon but how would one make it happen. You would have to get the whole league to agree to allow the GM to adjust the waiver wire in the settings. Doable but a pain in the hole really.

Well couldn't they just pick up the person wanted and trade them? Take a while to happen I guess but could be quicker than waiting on gm sometimes. Gm could be notified and auto ratify the trade also when seen.

I guess initial trade would have to be dependent on success of waiver or at least parameters set out between parties involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

gufc21 wrote: »
    Well couldn't they just pick up the person wanted and trade them? Take a while to happen I guess but could be quicker than waiting on gm sometimes. Gm could be notified and auto ratify the trade also when seen.

I guess initial trade would have to be dependent on success of waiver or at least parameters set out between parties involved.

Getting very collusion-y sounding,

• Advertisement

Deco99 wrote: »
    Getting very collusion-y sounding,

Its a trade. Say you have charles and I want him. I offer thomas but you will then have no running back. You notice I have number 1 waiver and say pick up, I duno, carlos hyde and I will give you charles for thomas and hyde. Nothing wrong with that.

You can't really trade for future waiver though cause it would prevent you from making a pick up.

Advertisement