Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Couple games of heist there, fun :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hotwire is unreal craic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Hardline seems to be drawing attention from the Counter-Strike crowd...

And the COD players....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So folks who are home playing, whats the initial impressions? I have it downloading via smartglass for when I go home, but based on what I've seen on youtube, it certainly looks promising.

• Advertisement

How to start the beta right....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Dayum wrote: »

Hardline seems to be drawing attention from the Counter-Strike crowd...

And the COD players....

Nothing has dome more to put me off this game than the two lines above . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

jonski wrote: »
    Nothing has dome more to put me off this game than the two lines above . :)

im not buying this day one anyway i got stung with bf4 and im not going in blind again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

fergus1001 wrote: »
    im not buying this day one anyway i got stung with bf4 and im not going in blind again

Snap! But saying that, I'm hoping that the fact they delayed it for so many months was to make sure it's perfect for the release.

They have alot of fans to make happy, it's all or bust on this.

Ps4 is also a heavy 11GB of a download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I quite enjoyed the last beta and with them having had a few more months to polish and refine this, I'm really looking forward to playing it. Only another 8GB to go :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Finding it quite enjoyable, already more so than BF4 which to me always felt clunky to play.
    Netcode is really sharp which surprised me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone able to compare it to the last Beta?

The last Beta I thought was only ok-ish. Won't get at this new one until tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ok... So I have played about 2 hours of this beta. I played the conquest mode and the bank heist mode.

To sum up: Meh. Really, it's very meh.

First of all, the game doesn't look as good as BF4. I am running a 4770K and R9 290 with all the graphics on Ultra and 150% resolution scale. It does play very well in terms of frame rate and the maps seem to load faster than BF4, but the game looks very washed out, very sparse, and quite bland.

Gameplay is fine, but it doesn't feel as smooth as BF4 in terms of movement and swiftness around the map. It is hard to explain as this is a point worth experiencing rather than describing. Also, the game isn't very exciting. The latest trailer showcasing the game's modes, makes it look very sexy, exhilarating, and intense, but it really isn't.

The money system is a nice idea. I like saving up for weapons and upgrades that I want.

In terms of server issues, all the servers I have played on had people saying "Anyone experiencing lag? Rubber-banding?" and complaining of lag issues. Personally, I didn't experience any, but maybe those on less capable machines/connections might.

Overall, I might jump into another couple of maps, but as of right now - I won't be buying this game. It feels very stripped back, very sparse, lacking any sort of identity. In fact, it comes across very much like a good mod for BF4.

Oh, and Michael Bay definitely had a hand in this. If you listen to the music on the loading screen for the map Dust Basin/Bowl, you can clearly hear the old transformers sound from the cartoon! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

For me movement is so much better and faster than BF4 clunkiness.
    Graphics are fine, im also running full ultra but im running 2560x1080 and it looks great.
    More than anything and the number one element of any online fps is netcode and it feels so much better in this than BF4.
    In the 2 hours or so ive played i got more enjoyment out of it than i ever did with BF4.
    Will i buy it?
    Maybe , not that its a bad game but ive more than enough online fps games to keep me happy if i dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Really enjoying it, great pace to the movement now. One thing I don't understand are the weapon damage ratings. How could a sub machine gun have more damage output than an assault rifle? I'm murdering all around with an mp5k taking 2 or 3 bursts to down an enemy, while the R0933 is putting out less damage and taking at least 5 to put anybody down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Falthyron wrote: »
    To sum up: Meh. Really, it's very meh.

I played 5+ hours of this today

Game performance is lackluster, I enable Mantle via the PROFSAVE_profile config in My Documents

Command: GstRender.MantleEnabled 1

My PC is i7 4930K, 8Gb of Quad Channel DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, 7990 6Gb Dual GPU Graphics card, SSD Samsung EVO 250Gb. There is an AMD Crossfire profile for Hardline. Framerate is 80+ Frames per second while Battlefield 4 is 110+. I cap the Framerate to 120fps on BF4, I cannot cap the framerate on Hardline but it doesnt matter as it rarely breaks 120fps for me. An obvious reason that the framerate is slow on Hardline is the crazy stutter that I am getting. I'll post a screenie below to show.
    The rubberbanding is back with a vengeance, and it really takes you out of the flow of the game. You panic, wondering if you are going to get to cover. The gunplay is OK, not as bad as the kill trading of the BF launch

The Conquest mode is here with a five point capture model, The Map is a generic village map with some buildings having three floors. It is a little more strategic as there are special weapon points on the map. Very handy for dealing with little birds. Its the same old formula.

The Hotwire mode is a lot of fun but is a bit chaotic, this is the best thing about Hardline, most fun I've had in Battlefield for a long time.

Overall I cant say that I'll buy it. If its fixed at launch I might give it a whirl. There is nothing like taking an elevator to the top floor of a skyscraper, grabbing a SMAW from a weapons cache, running to the windows and insta-killing a fully loaded Transport Chopper!

Stuttering Comparison

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I keep getting 'Can't be downloaded' error on the 360...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It's amazing the response here, and all the regular BF YouTubers are saying how awesome the game is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have it downloaded on the XB1, but didn't even try and play it, decided to get it on PC instead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its not bad prolly worth 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Akrasia wrote: »
    I keep getting 'Can't be downloaded' error on the 360...
    Same thing happened to me just keep trying to download it it took me about a half an hour to get it to finally stay in my active downloads Its a right pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Enjoying it more than I thought I would. Probably a purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So far I find it OK. Definitely not bad and a bit of fun, though it still feels more like a good mod to me than a full, separate game warranting full purchase price.

Visually not as good as BF4 either, some of the landscapes are a bit too bland.

Undecided yet if I will buy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Actually hardwire is decent fun. Bank heist is meh. Shotguns OP, spam everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Actually hardwire is decent fun. Bank heist is meh. Shotguns OP, spam everywhere.

Yeah the shotguns are ridiculous.. I'm lovin the MPK5, it just rips right through anyone I shoot. I don't like the money earning thing. It reminds me of Black Ops (which was class, I don't hate CoD, it just turned shyte). Overall it's good for a free beta but I'd have to see much more to spend 70 notes on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

GerB40 wrote: »
    Overall it's good for a free beta but I'd have to see much more to spend 70 notes on it..

People should really be shot for spending 70 quid on any BF game, when they're far cheaper on CD key websites. Hardline is around €40 (inc VAT) on G2A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

It's amazing the response here, and all the regular BF YouTubers are saying how awesome the game is.

Sure they were all shipped over to California to give feedback as part of the development process - hence would be reluctant to criticise it.

Played a bit tonight, Its not better than BF4. They should have just done a new Vietnam or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I loved it the last beta, played on PC. So far this beta only played on XB1 and love it too.

I find Hardline so much fun, I was bored of BF4 personally.

The episode style story mode should be very good too by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    Overall it's good for a free beta but I'd have to see much more to spend 70 notes on it..

70 notes? It's only 35 quid mate....

Advertisement