Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I honestly think people blow up the whole quality of BF4 at launch thing a bit out of proportion IMO, sure it had flaws and faults but I was focusing on the good rather than the bad and enjoyed it for what it was.

Personally, cops Vs robbers has no interest for me. In terms of shooters, military tech involved in traditional Battlefield of setting would be far more advanced and interesting. The limits imposed on the armoury from a cops Vs robbers narrative is a step back IMO.

Will be giving Hardline a miss and letting Destiny fill my gaming time instead. Hopefully Battlefront will be more interesting than Hardline.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

I played beta on my PC. Played - with 5-6 fps, yea... my PC spec's is soooo loooow :P I'm Battlefield fan since I played Bad Company 2. So of course I will play Hardline. It is good for me that they changed release date - until that time I hope PS4 be with me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Looks like Hardline will have the single-player campaign we all wanted from Battlefield for a long time. I wasn't interested in this game initially because multiplayer looked a bit "same old, same old", but I'm warming to it....Visceral are known for their single-player stories....

(Can someone embed this?)

https:
    //www.
    youtube
    .com/
    watch?v
    =DhffQlR4RPM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Dayum wrote: »
    Looks like Hardline will have the single-player campaign we all wanted from Battlefield for a long time. I wasn't interested in this game initially because multiplayer looked a bit "same old, same old", but I'm warming to it....Visceral are known for their single-player stories....

(Can someone embed this?)

https:
    //www.
    youtube
    .com/
    watch?v
    =DhffQlR4RPM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Battlefield: Hardline: Rescue Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer

I'd rather buy this than that pile of shhit they're branding as "Advanced Warfare".

I'd rather buy this than that pile of shhit they're branding as "Advanced Warfare".

Oh that half titanfall rip off? Yeah me too lol.

Really loving the look of this game and really enjoyed playing it during the previous beta. Looking forward to the next beta so I can take Chaboyys tags again and also play with my Xbox buddies hopefully :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh that half titanfall rip off? Yeah me too lol.

Really loving the look of this game and really enjoyed playing it during the previous beta. Looking forward to the next beta so I can take Chaboyys tags again and also play with my Xbox buddies hopefully :D

I'm pissed that it's been pushed back but I know the game will be better for it. If they can manage to get all the improvements from the BF4 CTE implemented, we'll be off to a good start. This is the first time I'm actually looking forward to a BF single-player.

I never played the Beta - what is it like? Is it more Bad Company as in - doesn't take itself too seriously or BF3/4?

The more I see of Hardline the more interested I'm becoming. Sure, it's a re-coated BF4 but the new game modes look like fun. Rescue mode will compete with Rainbow Six Siege and tbh, I have absolutely no idea how to compare Hotwire.....it looks like a racing game....

AND.....it has crocodiles! A bit of Far Cry going on with the animals patrolling the maps.

https:
    //www.
    youtube.
    com/
    watch?v=Ml3A6P-ejtU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

New game mode called "Rescue mode"... ha-ha... is that no just Defuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I missed out on the beta but I have to say if they brought back a mode with only one life a la CS:Source then Im all over it. BF4 has become much like a COD run and gun game. Not as bad and I Still like it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I was going to get the next BF game - hardline but not after BF4. They are still testing it and it has been released months ago. I would be laughing if I didn't buy it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I have to say, I was turned off it from the beta (probably because I was rubbish and didnt play it the way it was meant to be played) but I am starting to come around to it... and I think they will try to pull out all the stops and make it a good game.

I might even buy it... O_O

BF4 is dead to me. I'm more interested in Hardline and I'm willing to see the bigger picture Visceral have painted before casting it aside.

Finally starting to get some info on Hardline.
    *There are golden camo's (that golden M16!!) (and silver/bronze)
    *ACE23 is back
    *Deagle is back!! (and gold) Named the bald deagle
    *You can choose what you place in the back of your car (Smaw's/rpg's etc)
    *Gold copcars!
    *Radiochannels with music ala BC2:Vietnam
    *Lots of swearing going on (Eat this ****ing granade)
    *NOS seems near unlimited
    *There are new routes in the parking garage near the police spawn
    *FMG9 has that awesome flip animation
    *Lots of CTE stuff made it over to BFH, including the new hitreg
    *The stakeout is a new shotgun
    *Character models have changed from beta
    *SMAW has 1 rocket, RPG 3
    *Snipers are L96, .300 knockout, R700, Scout Elite,
    *Dmr's are PTR91, Saiga 308, Socom 16. SR25ECC
    *Shotguns are Remmy870, Sawed off, SPAS 12, 37 Stakeout
    *Mp5K, FMG9, UZI, K10, M/45 (SwedishK), MPX, p90, UMP35
    *R0933, M16A3, AKM, G36C, AKS74U, M416, ACE23, SG553
    *CZ75. G17, 92FS, P226, Bald Eagle (Deagle), HK45C, M1911, .40 PRO

By-y2rGIUAEx--e.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It's looking less and less likely that I'll buy this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

It's looking less and less likely that I'll buy this...
    Maybe when you've seen the list of features for Hardline Premium you might change your mind?

-Premium swearwords
    -Car radio music with bleeped out swearing removed!
    -Drop bags of jewelry from your gold chopper onto your enemy
    -Autotune VOIP, freestyle those tactical rhymes to your team-mates!

joking aside though, I enjoyed the beta and I think the game will be fun to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

-Premium swearwords

If one of the features was getting rid of servers that ban people that swear, I'd be all over it :D

For those that missed it.

• Advertisement

Some **** going around Twitter atm.

Apparently when asked why the laundry bags were not a levolution event, Visceral replied that it couldn't be done for consoles so they left it out....FFS. :mad:

Console mediocrity strikes again! The quicker Valve gets the Steam Machines out, the quicker we can leave these heaps of ****e in the dustbins of history...

H82S10R.png

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

**** SAKES! The craic we could have had with those bags!!! Damn console fanny heads.

Hardline will be released on Patricks Day 2015!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Hardline will be released on Patricks Day 2015!!

Should give them plenty of time to get the servers working 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Should give them plenty of time to get the servers working 100%

they'll be drunk on paddys day so laggy as fcuk!

dissapointed the graphics aren't better but i'm all for this after loving payday 2 to bits.

RoyalCelt wrote: »

dissapointed the graphics aren't better but i'm all for this after loving payday 2 to bits.

It's March 17th for U.S but March 19th for EU & Ireland.

Needless to say I will be using the U.S market on the Xbox ONE to avail of the earlier date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's March 17th for U.S but March 19th for EU & Ireland.

Needless to say I will be using the U.S market on the Xbox ONE to avail of the earlier date :D

yeah me too. i pre ordered it there so not only is it $30 cheaper i get it earlier. winner winner chicken dinner.

RoyalCelt wrote: »

I don't think anyone is expecting Hardline to re-write the rule book. In fact, I think the majority of the community will be happy enough if Visceral just manage to get Hardline to a place where BF4 should have been i.e - a stable, fully functional product on day one. Then when we have the benchmark and solidity, DICE can go on and start breaking new ground/pushing the boudaries with Battlefront.

I think Battlefront will be a big leap forward for the Frostbite engine. Hardline will just perfect what we thought it was this time last year.

Embargo is up......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

I know it is not the released product, but glad I didn't preorder

Advertisement