Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PS4 here and I think Hardline looks great on it, really smooth and very detailed.

I am not sure what the fuss is

PS4 here and I think Hardline looks great on it, really smooth and very detailed.

I am not sure what the fuss is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Hotwire is good Craic, we had a whole squad setting up traps with the laser mines and c4 last night. You some amount of cash for just driving around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

You some amount of cash for just driving around

That's why it's so sh!t in my opinion. An FPS game and the primary fcuking objective is to drive around in circles constantly.

That's why it's so sh!t in my opinion. An FPS game and the primary fcuking objective is to drive around in circles constantly.

Well to be fair, it is cops and robbers and the main point of that game mode I'd imagine is try and simulate an actual police chase. There's plenty of other game modes for you to play.

I quite enjoyed getting quadruple kills with the laser mines :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

But thats only one game mode and is the game mode most just play for a bit of mindless fun.
    The real meat of the game is conquest and heist.
    Im really enjoying the beta and i dont particularly enjoy BF4.
    Graphically its inferior but it has superb netcode back to BC2 standards which is great.
    The game doesnt take itself seriously and thats the attraction to me, its just some good honest fun.
    Its funny the amount of guys a community im involved in who didnt like the game within the first hour but are now buying the game.
    I wasnt mad about it initially but once i played some more i realized how much superior it is to BF4.
    Im pretty sure those saying the game is **** barely played more than a couple of maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yeah, I agree Heist is fun. It'll be interesting to see what other type maps it's implemented on. Conquest is fun also, nothing new there.

Is the game worth €60? I would say absolutely not, not at the moment anyway. I probably won't preorder, and if/when I do buy it, it'll be on a CD key website. Will have to see about Premium.

Is it better than BF4? No, in my opinion, based on the beta - not to say the full game won't be. And in regards to netcode, I found myself get kill trades more often than not. Didn't notice any kills around corners though. Also the fake reload bug - DICE pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spent a good few hours on it yesterday and it has grown on me, will probably buy it.

Found a decent squad on heist and its very enjoyable. Altho at one stage the crims entire team stuck together and stole the bags.

Only issue I would have is playing Conquest in Sniper town..... 21 of my team were snipers in a match yesterday. I counted as i left squad after squad for people actually playing the game. Needs hardcode mode and sniper limiter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah, I agree Heist is fun. It'll be interesting to see what other type maps it's implemented on. Conquest is fun also, nothing new there.

Is the game worth €60? I would say absolutely not, not at the moment anyway. I probably won't preorder, and if/when I do buy it, it'll be on a CD key website. Will have to see about Premium.

Is it better than BF4? No, in my opinion, based on the beta - not to say the full game won't be. And in regards to netcode, I found myself get kill trades more often than not. Didn't notice any kills around corners though. Also the fake reload bug - DICE pls.

Likewise regarding buying from a CD key site.
    I did get a lot of kill trades but i dont recall any round corner kill/deaths.
    Hit reg is really excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I like the way you can request an objective and if the squad leader doesn't do one, it makes you leader. Nice touch!

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I like the way you can request an objective and if the squad leader doesn't do one, it makes you leader. Nice touch!

I totally agree, Christ what I'd to have that in BF4 especially when perk progression can be important

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

To me the game needs more fleshing out, doesn't justify even a 40 euro discounted key to me. 20-25 euro maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Of course it needs fleshing out, what we're playing is the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Patch out for PC version of Hardline.

"On Monday, February 9th at 9:00 AM PT, we will be releasing a PC Patch for the Battlefield Hardline Open Beta. Deploying this patch and will cause the game to be down temporarily on PC.

Based on your feedback, we’ve tuned several weapons, rounds, faction loadouts, and gadgets that we need your help to test during the last day of beta. As this was a quick turnaround for our development team, we are unable to deploy the patch to consoles. Worry not as all feedback, suggestions, and tweaks will be considered for all platforms.

February 9th Hardline Beta PC Patch Notes:

Weapons Tuning:
    - 870P Magnum effective range reduced
    - M16 m416 damage lowered and increased recoil
    - RO933 reduced recoil and reduced damage
    - Uzi increased hip fire accuracy
    - P90 increased spread
    - Swapped M/45 and G36c to cops
    - Swapped UMP and M416 to criminals
    - Reduced effective range .338 magnum rounds
    - Reduced 9mm damage Reduced 556x45mm damage (Assult rifles and smgs)
    - Reduced Spas 12 damage
    - Fixed bug with magnum round recoil where people were losing kills

Gadget Tuning:
    - Reduced the cooldown time of the med and ammo packs
    - Increased the resupply time for Breaching Charges

These changes will not be reflected on Battlelog during the Open Beta, which means that weapon stats for example will appear unchanged until the launch of the game. "

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064789053252108/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Taser is on of the most fun weapons i have ever used in a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Over 6 million people participated in the Hardline BETA......crazy..... :eek:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/483895/battlefield-hardline-beta-attracts-6-million-players/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It'll be interesting to see how many follow up with a purchase.

7 million of them :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Having been so very anti Hardline and EA after BF4 and actively intending not to buy this game I have to say the Beta has changed my mind.

Doe's anyone know if there is any pre order bonuses on the PC or Xbox One ?

Having been so very anti Hardline and EA after BF4 and actively intending not to buy this game I have to say the Beta has changed my mind.

Fair play, I didn't play a whole lot of it due to real life considerations, but if you are who I think you are ;) I'd trust your opinion.

Not sure what the story is on pre order bonuses yet, Id imagine they'll be announced soon enough seeing as the game is only 5 to 6 weeks away.

• Advertisement

Fair play, I didn't play a whole lot of it due to real life considerations, but if you are who I think you are ;) I'd trust your opinion.

Not sure what the story is on pre order bonuses yet, Id imagine they'll be announced soon enough seeing as the game is only 5 to 6 weeks away.

I am yeah ;)

Had a look around last night on Xbox store and all I could find was pre order bonus of a $10 MS gift card which could be handy for DLC I suppose. Or you could use the $10 to upgrade "for free" to the version with 3 extra guns, camos and battlepacks.

Also just had a good old laugh at Gamestop selling for €65 for PC and €69 for consoles, are they actually having a laugh in this digital day and age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Also just had a good old laugh at Gamestop selling for €65 for PC and €69 for consoles, are they actually having a laugh in this digital day and age?

mj-laughing.gif

Can't wait for these jokers to go out of business. They're desperate at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Pre-order the standard edition and get the ACW-R assault rifle.

Pre-order the deluxe edition and you'll also get the CAR-556 (ACE 21 from BF4 basically) and the L85A2. Also get 10x gold battlepacks or something.

Kinda disgusted by this to be honest. There's only 4 AR's in the base game, so making two extra available for the most expensive deluxe edition is a bit ****ty imo.

It gets worse when you look at the PC prices from around the web
    Standard edition, no pre-order - €32.68
    Standard edition, pre-order - €47.99
    Deluxe edition, pre-order - €69.99

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Pre-order the standard edition and get the ACW-R assault rifle.

Pre-order the deluxe edition and you'll also get the CAR-556 (ACE 21 from BF4 basically) and the L85A2. Also get 10x gold battlepacks or something.

Kinda disgusted by this to be honest. There's only 4 AR's in the base game, so making two extra available for the most expensive deluxe edition is a bit ****ty imo.

It gets worse when you look at the PC prices from around the web
    Standard edition, no pre-order - €32.68
    Standard edition, pre-order - €47.99
    Deluxe edition, pre-order - €69.99
    I doubt those guns will matter much when every one will be using the M16a3

Mad_Dave wrote: »

I like the fact theres alot less guns means alot less of issue regarding weapon balancing.

whoop whoop! :D

I am yeah ;)

Had a look around last night on Xbox store and all I could find was pre order bonus of a $10 MS gift card which could be handy for DLC I suppose. Or you could use the $10 to upgrade "for free" to the version with 3 extra guns, camos and battlepacks.

Isn't there a 10% discount for buying if you have EA access as well?

Isn't there a 10% discount for buying if you have EA access as well?

Oh yeah completely forgot about that as well as being able to play it a few days early. Nice :P:P:P

Oh yeah completely forgot about that as well as being able to play it a few days early. Nice :P:P:P

omg I completely forgot about the 5 days early thing too 'till you said it there!!! :eek: :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    omg I completely forgot about the 5 days early thing too 'till you said it there!!! :eek: :D

Is it 5 days early ? Sweet I thought was like only 2 :D

Excellent more time to rank up in time for the launch day noob fest :P:P:P:P

Advertisement