Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

omerin wrote: »
    I know it is not the released product, but glad I didn't preorder

if it's not your type of gam then fair enough. This was never meant to be like the normal Battlefields either way.

I've played a **** load of Payday 2 this year after I got it free on PS Plus and it was a very enjoyable multiplayer experience. Watching those videos it looks like a next gen sequel to them. I know the online is cops vs robbers but I really hope they put in a co-op mode where you play with your friends online against the game and not other players. That would be exactly like Payday and if they had to some robberies and bank heists it would be great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    if it's not your type of gam then fair enough. This was never meant to be like the normal Battlefields either way.

I've played a **** load of Payday 2 this year after I got it free on PS Plus and it was a very enjoyable multiplayer experience. Watching those videos it looks like a next gen sequel to them. I know the online is cops vs robbers but I really hope they put in a co-op mode where you play with your friends online against the game and not other players. That would be exactly like Payday and if they had to some robberies and bank heists it would be great fun.

I'm looking forward to Hardline even if no one else is...

I think it's going to be a great bit of craic. You're right though, this is not meant to be a part of the main BF series just like Bad Company wasn't. And look at BC now, people are going nuts for another addition...

If nothing else at least Hardline will hold us over until 2143...sorry, Battlefront comes out in November...

Commander Mode

E82axdO.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Commander is in hard line? Ah Jesus, that crap.

I love the way the pistols are class specific, great idea.

I think it will be a decent game but without vehicles it will not have the longevity a BF game has, there are only so many ways infantry v infantry can excite ya

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Without vehicles? Whats this now? Where is that from?

**** it, im all about the Hardline now again.. :D Im pretty convinced that it will be worth buying.

The Red wrote: »
    Without vehicles? Whats this now? Where is that from?

**** it, im all about the Hardline now again.. :D Im pretty convinced that it will be worth buying.

There is vehicles, a few cars, a transport chopper and that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mozattack wrote: »
    There is vehicles, a few cars, a transport chopper and that's it

Cars, bikes, vans, armoured vans, trucks, little birds, and transport choppers.

Only thing really missing are tanks and they just don't fit the game. I think I've only ever seen it once in real life where a guy stole a tank and went joy riding :)

Yeah, I reckon there is enough... not sure what else there should be..

Is there a drivable lorry in there too? Thought I saw one in Westie's video..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah one of the points in hot wire is an oil tanker, full of fuel too for rpg's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I think I've only ever seen it once in real life where a guy stole a tank and went joy riding :)

Looked good to me at The Game Awards last night. I've got it pre ordered anyway. This and The Order are the only games I'm buying first half of next year.

Pedantic Pat above, my point is that it is mainly civilian vehicles so little use of.engineer.

Great game for the assault train player once again

The beta will be launched in January apparently. Just a few weeks to go... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Am I the only one who thinks Hardline looks absolutely sh!t?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭mmmcake

Hopefully it gets enough negative press and a lack of enthusiasm from the public so that EA release it a DLC for Battlefield 4 instead as a full priced game.

mmmcake wrote: »
    Hopefully it gets enough negative press and a lack of enthusiasm from the public so that EA release it a DLC for Battlefield 4 instead as a full priced game.

Never gonna happen but it would certainly give BF4 a much needed shot in the arm....

The active player numbers have nose dived in recent months...I think there is less than half what there was back in May playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Thats Hardline off my list .
    Roll on battlefront

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Nope, I don't have much positive to say about BF4 either.

5uspect wrote: »
    Nope, I don't have much positive to say about BF4 either.

Exactly what is wrong with BF4 so?

Tell me now what game is better than BF4 then.

Seems to be the new hipster movement hating on BF4.... kinda sad really.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

mozattack wrote: »
    Exactly what is wrong with BF4 so?

Tell me now what game is better than BF4 then.

Seems to be the new hipster movement hating on BF4.... kinda sad really.

Oh you can check my post history, I've had issues with it since the beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭mmmcake

Battlefield 4 is running smooth on PS4, loads of players at all hour of the day.
    I would go so far as to recommend it as the best FPS on the market at the moment.
    Get the premium, it well worth it.

mmmcake wrote: »
    Battlefield 4 is running smooth on PS4, loads of players at all hour of the day.
    I would go so far as to recommend it as the best FPS on the market at the moment.
    Get the premium, it well worth it.

some of the maps from premium have no games for most of the game types so that really devalues the expensive premium. It's a quality game now for any new buyers but i'm still pissed it took 8 months to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

New trailer, personally really looking forward to this one. Not taking itself too seriously & looks like great mindless action!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks decntish but should drop the battlefield tagline from it and just create a new game.

Itll be hard to stick with it with GTAV in the mix. Ill either completely jump ship to GTA or try my best to keep them both going and fail at both. Having limited time means I have to probably miss out on Hardline a lot if GTA keeps me hooked.

• Advertisement

Hardline will have a CTE.

So what exactly does that mean for BF4's CTE? Will it continue throughout 2015? What would be the purpose? I thought they were shifting all fixes from BF4 to Hardline and then continuing on with Hardline after shutting down BF4 CTE?

Doesn't make sense.

Advertisement