Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

He was probably referring to the Ps4/XB1 price which will be close to that. People always overlook that, even though more people play BF on consoles than they do on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

70 on Origin.

Choppers have IR and flares but i dont see an AA rockets in the list of weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man I cant get over the pace in this game, its beyond anything iv played to date. Im not to gone on it but Ill need more time to evaluate it I suppose

I have no idea what im doing most of the time lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Headshot wrote: »
    Man I cant get over the pace in this game, its beyond anything iv played to date. Im not to gone on it but Ill need more time to evaluate it I suppose

Are you a COD player by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

dreamers75 wrote: »
    70 on Origin.

Choppers have IR and flares but i dont see an AA rockets in the list of weapons?

If ya wanna take down a chopper you should do it the old fashioned way, with another chopper.. Hotwire on Dust bowl is the perfect place for that. I can't fly a heli for shít but I can knock the fúckers out of the sky no bother..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is anyone getting lock ups? I'm getting random ones, sometimes I'll play 5 games in a row fine, other times then it just locks up after 5 minutes with a strange sound....getting annoying now!

GerB40 wrote: »
    If ya wanna take down a chopper you should do it the old fashioned way, with another chopper.. Hotwire on Dust bowl is the perfect place for that. I can't fly a heli for shít but I can knock the fúckers out of the sky no bother..

The SMAW downtown is also a bit of fun for taking them down, dont understand why the chopper has any defence when there is nothing to defend ? Unless they are to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The SMAW downtown is also a bit of fun for taking them down, dont understand why the chopper has any defence when there is nothing to defend ? Unless they are to be added.
    On the city map there is a stinger that you can pickup at spawn. I also saw a youtube vid which explained that you can unlock an rpg or other items that you stash in the boot of your car
    Headshot wrote: »

In heist, look for the 2 suitcase icons. Capture them and bring them to an escape point if you are a robber or defend them if you are a cop. The suitcase icons don't appear until the vault is opened by the robbers so at the start you either attack the vault by planting a charge on the door, back wall or roof if you are a robber or defend it if you are a cop.

In hotwire, look for the cars labelled A-E. Grey ones can be captured and driven at speed to gain points. slow down and you won't get points. Orange ones are currently possessed by the enmy so you need to stop these. Blue ones are owned by your team so defend these ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Only needed to play 20 minutes of this to make up my mind, I'll be giving it a miss anyway. It's like they try and make every game in the series that bit more hectic each time.
    Battlefield is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Only needed to play 20 minutes of this to make up my mind, I'll be giving it a miss anyway. It's like they try and make every game in the series that bit more hectic each time.
    Battlefield is dead.

Thats exactly it for me, far to hectic and maps are to big for this kind of gameplay imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Falthyron wrote: »
    Overall, I might jump into another couple of maps, but as of right now - I won't be buying this game. It feels very stripped back, very sparse, lacking any sort of identity. In fact, it comes across very much like a good mod for BF4.

I think thats a very good thing the game is stripped back. Battlefield 4 is a bloated mess of attachments, perks, guns and vehicles that can never be balanced right and all contributed to the crappy launch that was BF4.

If they can strip it down in order to rebuild other parts right Im happy.

The game for me is a weird blend of BF and CoD , I kind like having proper gunfights again as well.

I only played for about an hour but only experienced one kill trade and the rest of connection issues were Frenchies and co on god connections and I'd prefer to be dealing with that than out of region players on BF4 any day

Overall, its a 7-8 outta 10 for me based on the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Battlefield is dead.

Agreed, I'll be giving it a miss. The game just doesn't feel right. They need to go back to Bad Company era with a bit of a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think thats a very good thing the game is stripped back. Battlefield 4 is a bloated mess of attachments, perks, guns and vehicles that can never be balanced right and all contributed to the crappy launch that was BF4.

If they can strip it down in order to rebuild other parts right Im happy.

The game for me is a weird blend of BF and CoD , I kind like having proper gunfights again as well.

I only played for about an hour but only experienced one kill trade and the rest of connection issues were Frenchies and co on god connections and I'd prefer to be dealing with that than out of region players on BF4 any day

Overall, its a 7-8 outta 10 for me based on the beta

Its an odd one alright, its like COD when your indoors and BF when outdoors or in vehicles. Only got to play about 2 hours so far, but I enjoyed what I played. I dont know if that Hotwire mode will last beyond a novelty though, it seemed like you just ended up driving in circles racking up points without seeing a sinner for ages.

does anyone else think that the character models are strange? everyone looks tall and thin to me - slightly out of proportion?

It's amazing the response here, and all the regular BF YouTubers are saying how awesome the game is.

The same big YouTubers who were paid a few grand to bigup BF4 and only released details of that after they were caught out and even then some of them saw nothing wrong with it.

Would't trust them by far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The same big YouTubers who were paid a few grand to bigup BF4 and only released details of that after they were caught out and even then some of them saw nothing wrong with it.

Would't trust them by far

Care to name a few ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Matimio & Lvlcap are probably the most prominent, or at least the ones I'm most familiar with. Neither of which have problems with dishing out criticism regarding Hardline.

Dcully wrote: »
    Care to name a few ?

jackfrags, matimo and levelcap among the prominent 3 anyways. quick link explain what it was but not the amount of detail that came out afterwards didnt leave any of the youtubers in the best of lights

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/21/5332790/ea-pays-youtubers-to-feature-battlefield-4-need-for-speed-rivals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yeah, but it's all been really forgotten about, and rightfully so in my opinion. So what if they're paid to promote games - they should be.

If you actually watched videos from the three/four Youtubers mentioned above, you'd see they regularly give out about stuff. LevelCap in particular is a complete whiner when it comes to BF4! Matimio isn't much better. Both give out too much in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Played a bit there. Heist is a nice idea but the points scores are way too low to make it a long term game. Scoring 15 kills or so nets you about 3000 points. There's not really a lot of objective points and the game mode in general seems to favor camping on the two packages and mowing down lads as they come through the door.

Conquest is conquest, map is a bit bland though. Didn't play the other game type yet.

Overall the movement speed etc is faster than bf4 but I don't know if that's a good thing. And the aiming is much more forgiving. Vehicles are a bit meh. And the graphics are woeful. Looking through the customization menus at the guns they are just pig ugly. I know it's a beta but they'd want to get going on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I managd to play for about an hour yesterday on the 360 and it's very meh

It's just battlefield with worse vehicles

As far as I can tell, there are no differences between the cops and the robbers other than the bland outfits

The vehicles are boring as hell and the music on the radio is rubbish (nothing compared to BFBC2's sound track), shooting out the window of a speeding car is frustrating and rarely results in a kill.

I don't know why half of the pickups are grappelling hooks and zipwires... It just means its impossible to defend a rooftop because someone can appear from nowhere behind you and knife you at any moment.

^^^ agreed about the zip lines and grappling hooks. IT makes the tactical play of defending an area next to impossible. Takes the emphasis away from defending an objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I have put a good few hours into it over the last two days. Personally I like it and I will be buying it. It's stripped away some of the fluff from BF4 and it feels sharper for it, ive had some epic gun battles on it, especially in the motel on dust bowl. Hotwire is a total blast, really great game mode. Heist is a bit meh.. maybe because its half of my team never seem to have a clue what to do but I dont think ill be playing it that much.

Its not without its faults though... here are a few small gripes I have with it.

Commander mode (hacker) needs to go, it brings nothing to the table.

Its sometimes hard to differentiate between character models, cops vs robbers, might just take a bit more getting used to.

The spawn points on some flags is stupid. Ive been insta-killed so many times when spawning on a flag because the enemy knows exactly where im going to spawn. Eg:- on the D flag you nearly always spawn on the railway tracks across from the mine and a good sniper can take you out the minute you spawn in.

Sometimes I dont know im being shot at or from where until its too late.

Funnily enough, the beta makes me want to play Battlefield 4 more.

I do like the money to unlock guns aspect of it I have to say. Makes more sense than BF4 where the unlocks are a bit all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hipsters talk

"love bfbc2, bf4 is broken, hard line is COD, back to bf2"

Next

mozattack wrote: »
    Hipsters talk

"love bfbc2, bf4 is broken, hard line is COD, back to bf2"

Next

you forgot "ea are the devil and they ruined everything"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia