Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I think the problem with heist is they dont do a great job at visually explaining the situation. People are directed to one area, stuck there for a bit, then told to go somewhere else. Its a bit hectic, but hopefully they'll explain the game mode better in the full game

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Ya heist is a bit all over the place your just running around getting mowed down every 10-15 seconds its too frantic... hotwire is ok but its basically you doing laps around the map and getting points for it I cant see meself forking out for the full game at the moment anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

These are pretty cool.....has anyone come across these reload Easter eggs yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played a bit over the last few days. Initial thoughts are that I am not buying it. I got bored very quick.

I like some aspects of it. Buying weapons etc.. but over all it didn't do much for me.

Maybe full release will be different so I'll wait for some free game time on Origin and give it a shot then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm beginning to think this isn't for me. The more I look at it, the more it feels like a mod. There's something I cant quite put my finger on about the whole 'look' of it that's not right, whether its the animations or the character models or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

The gunplay is far better than bf4, so snappy, and the sniper rifles are quality.

I feel aim assist has been toned down a lot on PS4 too making it better altogether.

(Anyone having any problems firing the mechanics starting sidearm on ps4?...gets jammed for me so I had to use another gun)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm beginning to think this isn't for me. The more I look at it, the more it feels like a mod. There's something I cant quite put my finger on about the whole 'look' of it that's not right, whether its the animations or the character models or something.

This is pretty much how I feel. It's fun, and the gunfights are a different experience to BF4, but overall I can't shake the feeling that they're charging full price for what is essentially just a decent mod.

This is pretty much how I feel. It's fun, and the gunfights are a different experience to BF4, but overall I can't shake the feeling that they're charging full price for what is essentially just a decent mod.

Hardline is only 35Euro. It's not a full priced game. 35Euro isn't bad to keep you on the battlefield until Battlefront in November imo.

Dayum wrote: »
    Hardline is only 35Euro. It's not a full priced game. 35Euro isn't bad to keep you on the battlefield until Battlefront in November imo.

On Pc maybe, I'm pretty sure its full price for us console peasants:pac:

On Pc maybe, I'm pretty sure its full price for us console peasants:pac:

What console are you on?

• Advertisement

What console are you on?

xbox one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm pretty sure that was the exact text of both its pitch for production and its design template.

To be fair, 35 euro IS full price for most PC Games when you're buying from Key sites. I think I paid about 38 for BF4 when it came out.

Not to mention, it is also a full price game on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

I paid €64 , I think , for premium , all dlc inclusive , so €35 ain't cheap .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im finding it hard to play BF4 after playing hardline, netcode is far superior in hardline as is player movement.
    If anything hardline has emphasized even further how clunky and **** BF4 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

To be fair, 35 euro IS full price for most PC Games when you're buying from Key sites. I think I paid about 38 for BF4 when it came out.

If Origin will be charging €35 for it then the key sites will likely have it for 30 or less.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If Origin will be charging €35 for it then the key sites will likely have it for 30 or less.

They're not. Origin is charging 60 euro. It's 32.99 on Kinguin.

This is a full price game. Not sure where people are getting the notion that it's some sort of low-priced release. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They're not. Origin is charging 60 euro. It's 32.99 on Kinguin.

This is a full price game. Not sure where people are getting the notion that it's some sort of low-priced release. :confused:

Dunno I was just going by the post above, sounded like they were saying it was 35 by the actual retailers.

The story mode might be worth it alone yet, it sounds very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Unsurprisingly the Hardline beta has been extended to Monday night/Tuesday morning.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/563859105463664640

I'm going to pick up Hardline at launch. I think it has enough to keep me interested until Battlefront in November.

One thing I've got to say though is that I dislike the way the choppers handle. I used to love doing nosedives and weaving in and out through the skyscrapers in BF4....but these heli's in Hardline seem really clunky....it's like trying to go around a rubbish bin in a monster truck....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

First games last night. Found Heist fun, absolutely hated Hotwire though I only played it on the city map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

First games last night. Found Heist fun, absolutely hated Hotwire though I only played it on the city map.

I got 4,000 points consecutively on hotwire by driving around in circles. It is fairly lame and the SPM on it can easily double a good round in Heist so certainly flawed.

Enjoying the Hbar but wow some recoil... most I have ever seen.

Sad to see the M16 back and dominating. Deja Vu.

Incidentally why do people assume Battlefront will be good. Does anyone not think laser guns are a little naff? That's my concern

I have an XB1 as well, cosidering it's a new generation of console, Hardline looks like serious crap on it. I'm not talking about simply 'compared to pc' - It actually looks similar to hardline at 1280x800 on a 1080p monitor at mostly low settings on PC. (though I am playing on a 50" tv)

Really would have expected more from a new console in its infancy. I remember when I got the 360 in late 2005 COD2 on it looked identical to how it ran on my gaming PC at the time, I was very impressed.

Just googled it there, Xb1 version running at 720p....and still suffers bad dips, according to Digital Foundry.

mozattack wrote: »
    Incidentally why do people assume Battlefront will be good. Does anyone not think laser guns are a little naff? That's my concern

Battlefront 1 and 2 were absolutely stellar. Still play 2 sometimes, one of the best sequels ever, and still popular enough online.

mozattack wrote: »

Battlefront will be the dogs bollox. Make no mistake about that.....

Really would have expected more from a new console in its infancy. I remember when I got the 360 in late 2005 COD2 on it looked identical to how it ran on my gaming PC at the time, I was very impressed.

Just googled it there, Xb1 version running at 720p....and still suffers bad dips, according to Digital Foundry.

The new generation consoles are so incredibly underpowered.....it's daylight robbery....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is Battlefront actually coming out this year?

Usually being spammed to death with videos and talks with the devs by now, when a game is coming out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is Battlefront actually coming out this year?

Usually being spammed to death with videos and talks with the devs by now, when a game is coming out.

They're aiming for November this year. I suspect they'll be more rigid with the release date as it's meant to coincide with the The Force Awakens hype and release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Never really enjoyed bf4 that much even with a lot of game time. Hardline is the only bf game I can actually say I like. I can't wait for release!

Question... How many guns will there be compared to the beta? And maps, game modes etc. gets annoying playing the same 1 map per game mode on the beta.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Never really enjoyed bf4 that much even with a lot of game time. Hardline is the only bf game I can actually say I like. I can't wait for release!

Question... How many guns will there be compared to the beta? And maps, game modes etc. gets annoying playing the same 1 map per game mode on the beta.

A video about all the maps was posted in this thread a few pages back. I think there's 6 or 7 game modes. There was nearly a 100 weapons in BF4 so we'll see.....

• Advertisement

It took Frankie ages to upload....

Advertisement