Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Criminal Activity DLC is now available for Premium members.

Download it via in game store.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Is anyone here playing the multiplayer in this, wouldn't mind teaming up with a few lads makes it more interesting

A look at 1 of the new maps coming out in the new 'Robbery' DLC.

I think it looks quite a lot like 'Bank Job' but I do like the look of it:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've gone back to playing this over the last two days, now that nVidia have fixed their buggy drivers. It's certainly playing better than it was at release. But I've also gone back to playing BF4 too, and BF4 still has a better feel to it: better sounds, a better sense of rounds going places, a better pacing and TTK overall. It's still lackluster, just not depressingly so.

I loveeeeeeeee SNOWWWWWW! :D

• Advertisement

The Robbery DLC is now available for all premium members. I really do love snoowwwwww :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So in the vain of hte night time maps for BF4, Hardline is also getting a free mini expansion:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/news/view/blackout-is-coming/

New weapons is a nice surprise though.

Drop the clutch, lay on the gas, and hold on to your seats, because Battlefield™ Hardline is gearing up for its fastest, most explosive expansion yet! Whether you’re making a dusty, high-speed escape across the Mexican border, or closing in on a hot pursuit along the sun-drenched Pacific coast, you’ll be chasing glory at top speed when you play Battlefield™ Hardline: Getaway*, coming January 2016.

8evW1iu.jpg?1

A great getaway is key to a great heist. If you’re a criminal wheelman, your payday is dependent on your ability to evade the cops. If you drive for the law, the fastest way to earn your badge is to take down the thieves before they can escape into a cloud of dust and burnt rubber. Ready to rev your engines? Here’s what’s on deck for owners of Battlefield Hardline: Getaway…

- Four massive maps: Pacific Highway, Double Cross, Train Dodge, and Diversion
    - New game mode: Capture the Bag
    - 4 new vehicles
    - 3 new weapons for the Mechanic Class
    - One new gadget and a new melee weapon
    - 4 new Legendary Camos

z1HTdsy.jpg?1

In addition, all Battlefield Hardline players will receive a game update that includes new weapons and patches, as well as new features we’ll talk about soon.

qCWWBL8.jpg?1

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/battlefield-hardline-getaway-reveal?__94261019=_94261019

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Makes sense I suppose given that majority of servers are still full of hotwire games for quick easy points.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Hotwire is the only game mode I enjoy in BFH

• Advertisement

New DLC "Getaway" is out now for Premium members as well as a new game update for all members:

BASE GAME UPDATE :

The following features are included in the Base Game Update. This content will be rolling out to all players as an automatic download on January 12th:

Competitive Match
    • Experience a new way to connect with Battlefield Hardline players in 5v5 skill-based matches
    • Compete on a leaderboard and earn (or lose) ranks based on your skill and performance
    • New seasons will regularly become available with a new rotation of maps and modes
    • Standard League is available for all players

Note: Season 1 Competitive Matches for Console players begin with the release of the Base Game Update. Season 1 Competitive Matches for PC players will begin shortly after the release of the Base Game Update. Please stay tuned for more details.

New Weapons for All Classes
    • M5SD
    • AWS
    • RO933 M1
    • G17 RACE Pistol
    • 388-RECON
    • UMP-9
    • M39 EMR
    • SAR21

General
    • Fixed a bug whereby a clicking sound would be heard by all players if one player equipped the Night Goggles gadget
    • Added Custom RSP Server Banner support

Gameplay
    • Fixed bug whereby player animation may break when using the Gator Gun
    • Fixed bug whereby some vehicles could not be moved with melee attacks
    • Fixed issues with the SCAR-H assignment and patch unlocking properly

Weapons
    • Melee weapons changed to have a more consistent sphere of damage.
    • Ballistic shield changed to a 2 hit kill
    • Increased accuracy while moving bonus for Bullpups
    • Fixed bug with laser sight toggle not properly affecting crosshair

Gadgets
    • Fixed bug whereby gadgets may get duplicated after becoming Legendary
    • Fixed bug whereby Night Vision Goggles could not be turned off with the Ballistic Shield equipped

Wish they would fix the constant crashing. Post update and its still at it on Xbo.

A bit annoying I know but the trick is to launch a different game first, then launch hardline without quitting the other game. Should play away without freezing then.

Nah, just froze at least 50 times in a row for both me (digital) & my friend (disc) trying to play new dlc. Game is well fúcked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I can't see any point in getting this latest DLC. The last one (Robbery) was dead after a week like Criminal Activity, impossible to get any games on them now as nobody seems to play. I really like Hardline so it's frustrating to see such little online activity.

Deep Six wrote: »
    I can't see any point in getting this latest DLC. The last one (Robbery) was dead after a week like Criminal Activity, impossible to get any games on them now as nobody seems to play. I really like Hardline so it's frustrating to see such little online activity.

The maps I've tried from Getaway so far actually seem pretty decent. They're nicely varied and open and seem far more in the style of the older BF maps.

The only one I'm hestitant about is the flood drain one, which I only had a few seconds on, but I'm concerned it could be another Operations Locker.

Spear wrote: »
    The only one I'm hestitant about is the flood drain one, which I only had a few seconds on, but I'm concerned it could be another Operations Locker.

I didn't like the flood drain one neither. Horrible looking map.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

I've gotten sick of the COD franchise, Black Ops 3 being the last straw :P more a fan of war set in current or past times, rather than the backpack and ray gun nonsense they've leaned towards. That considered, is Battlefield 4 or Hardline a better purchase?

Largely interested in multiplayer rather than campaign, for what it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think about 1% of people here play campaign mode to be fair! I keep meaning to play Hardline campaign actually, I thought the BF4 campaign was pretty OK.

Hardline is good but if you haven't played either, Battlefield 4 is a much better game. Are you a PC or console gamer? BF4 is good on the XB1 and PS4 but not worth the bother on 360/ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In the campaign you are a copper who can arrest people for mega bonus XP and tbh its really well done.........................until your faced with a room full of armed guys firing at you and you start to wonder whats the fcuking point of arresting people.

Then it gets **** really fast.

In the campaign you are a copper who can arrest people for mega bonus XP and tbh its really well done.........................until your faced with a room full of armed guys firing at you and you start to wonder whats the fcuking point of arresting people.

Then it gets **** really fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

I think about 1% of people here play campaign mode to be fair! I keep meaning to play Hardline campaign actually, I thought the BF4 campaign was pretty OK.

Hardline is good but if you haven't played either, Battlefield 4 is a much better game. Are you a PC or console gamer? BF4 is good on the XB1 and PS4 but not worth the bother on 360/ps3.

I'm PS4 myself! Think I'll give Battlefield 4 a go, can be got pretty cheap 2nd hand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, very cheap now. Also, no need for the season pass, the base game has the best maps. I have the season pass myself but 90% of the time prefer to stick to the base maps....they're plenty of them in any case, and a first time player will knock incredible value out of the game considering how cheap it is now. I wouldn't consider myself a huge player and I got 120 hours out of it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

I've gotten sick of the COD franchise, Black Ops 3 being the last straw :P more a fan of war set in current or past times, rather than the backpack and ray gun nonsense they've leaned towards. That considered, is Battlefield 4 or Hardline a better purchase?

Largely interested in multiplayer rather than campaign, for what it's worth.

Possibly the easiest question to ever answer; BF4 easily. Amazing value now... I am at over 800 hours and the game just doesn't get boring; not if you challenge yourself by using the least popular weapons, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I went back playing Bad Company 2 last night...man the gun sounds are bloody awesome...makes bf3/bf4 sound really really really crap.

Blazer wrote: »
    I went back playing Bad Company 2 last night...man the gun sounds are bloody awesome...makes bf3/bf4 sound really really really crap.

Turn on Wartapes in BC2 for an even better sound.

Odd how I recalled that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Turn on Wartapes in BC2 for an even better sound.

Odd how I recalled that :p

I had forgotten that. It was enabled anyway as I still had my BC2 config folder :)

New DLC trailer just released:

Cemetery seems a bit random to me...

The following features are included in the Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal expansion pack. This content will be available to Premium players on March 1st, and will be available to purchase by all players on March 15th.

New Maps:
    • Cemetery
    • Thin Ice
    • Chinatown
    • Alcatraz

New Weapons:
    • A 8S
    • Dual Vz.61
    • MP9
    • SP-AR
    • Improvised Gun
    • Mammoth Gun
    • Syndicate Gun

New Vehicles:

• Snow Mobile
    • Hearse

Gun Bench:

• Personalize up to five primary weapons with new reticles, colors, customized camos, and more.
    • Edit up to sixteen uniforms for a tailored look for your favorite class and faction.
    o This can be turned off in the Options Menu if you don’t want to see other player’s custom uniforms.
    • Test fire your custom weapon in the Gun Range.

Other New Features:
    • Assignments and patches for Professional class weapons.
    • Legendary weapon camos: Catz, Polize, Tzunami, Z

BASE GAME UPDATE

The following features are included in the Base Game Update released alongside the Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal expansion pack. This content will be available to all players on March 1st:

New Weapons:
    • Cleaver
    • Devil’s Tooth Pick
    • Inquisition Sword
    • Karambit
    • AUG A3
    • M4
    • M1903
    • M98B
    • MX4
    • RPK74
    • Shovel

Please note:
    • Inquisition Sword – Available for all users through Base Game Update.
    • Gold Inquisition Sword – Available for owners of Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal after completing the Sword & Board Syndicate Assignment.
    • Red Inquisition Sword – Available for owners of Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal after completing the Bloody Broadsword Syndicate Assignment.
    • Shovel – Available for all users through Base Game Update.
    • Gold Shovel – Available for owners of Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal after completing the Gravedigger Syndicate Assignment.

Other New Features:
    • Weapon License Voucher now has a rare chance to unlock via Gold Battlepacks.
    • Official Pistols Only servers.
    • Added “No Snipers”, “Pistol Only”, and “Melee Only” curated list to RSP Settings.

The following fixes and updates are included in the Base Game Update released alongside the Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal expansion pack for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360 unless otherwise noted as a specific platform-only change.

General
    • Adjusted Interrogation interaction from 2 seconds to 5 seconds.
    • Improved hit detection.
    • Re-ordered default map rotation so infantry and night maps are grouped.
    • Made standard Blood Money servers run one round per map.
    • Removed “Criminal Mix” and “Swat Mix” servers.
    • Added official “Pistols Only” TDM servers.
    • Fixed bug whereby client might crash after redeploying, following killing a player with the Nail Gun.
    • Fixed several instances of missing animations.
    • Miscellaneous stability improvements and bug fixes.
    • PC: Fixed bug whereby “Become Legendary” option wasn’t displayed in End of Round screen.
    • PC: Quick Match rotations updated to include most popular modes and maps.
    • Adjusted Rubber Arm Syndicate so less Gas Grenade Kills are required.
    • Removed Facebook Sharing support on PlayStation 3 since it is no longer supported as of system software update 4.78.

Competitive Match
    • Relaxed pingsite restrictions.
    • Reduced number of rounds from 9 to 5 for Rescue and Crosshair.
    • Time between rounds reduced to 60 seconds.
    • Removed red outline on players in Competitive Match to stop cheating.
    • Penalties enabled for quitting early in Competitive Match games.
    • Fixed bug whereby game would break if VIP redeployed during pre-round in Crosshair mode.
    • Xbox One: Fixed bug whereby users invited via front-end would be sent to Squad Join Lobby rather than squad.

Gameplay

• In Train Dodge, train now works in pre-round.
    • Made TDM and Bounty Hunter Supremacy Coins easier to unlock.
    • Players can no longer melee Helicopter or Limo pilots through glass windshields.
    • Fixed bug whereby player is able to stay out of bounds without dying on Pacific Highway.
    • Fixed bug whereby some white artifacting would appear on Double Cross and Pacific Highway.
    • Made the Spotting Player cooldown sound effect louder.
    • Changed the audio for the Train Whistle to be more authentic.
    • Train Dodge: Smoothed the geometry around the river to make driving easier.
    • Bank Job: Made it so players can’t grapple up to the Dome.

Weapons
    • Removed damage modifier on gas grenades.
    • Reduced vertical recoil on M110K5.
    • Increased damage fall off start and end distance for .30 Carbine round. Start of fall of from 30 to 40 end from 60 to 65.
    • 9x19mm Heavy reduced to 16 min damage.
    • Decreased base accuracy on Uzi.
    • Increased damage and fall off for .410 Jury.
    • Reduced ROF on M82.
    • Increased velocity on M39 and fixed AP rounds bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Not played hardline in an age. Gonna test it out later today and prob get my a$$ handed to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Still seems to be hardly any servers playing DLC. Any recommendations?

Advertisement