Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

maximoose wrote: »
    834 Hours, top 10%

16990G, top 1%

More "surprises" coming tomorrow, whatever that means!

All the other surprises that I've seen are region locked to the big A. Also sunset overdrive will be free to play for 24 hours, full game and all that at 5pm tmrw. Suffice to say my schedule will run like this.

9-530 work
    530-7 watch arsenal destroy utd. Get green monsters.
    8-late absolutely smash so's backdoors in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lamposts wrote: »
    All the other surprises that I've seen are region locked to the big A. Also sunset overdrive will be free to play for 24 hours, full game and all that at 5pm tmrw. Suffice to say my schedule will run like this.

9-530 work

.....Is that sunset overdrive or significant other?

:pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

.....Is that sunset overdrive or significant other?

:pac:

I'd say that's dependent on whether Arsenal win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Lamposts wrote: »

9-530 work

Nah mate we gotta get you accustomed to Final Stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I bought the sunset overdrive bundle at launch but I've been playing forza horizon 2 since I got it. This week I started sunset and I love it. Great gameplay even though it takes a while to unlock some vital mechanics. In my opinion well worth a look and probably the best game I've played this year and I include what I've played on my ps4. Oh and I personally enjoy the goofy humour in it. Maybe no everyone cup of tea but I love it. Have a look guys it's free guys so nothing to loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I bought the sunset overdrive bundle at launch but I've been playing forza horizon 2 since I got it. This week I started sunset and I love it. Great gameplay even though it takes a while to unlock some vital mechanics. In my opinion well worth a look and probably the best game I've played this year and I include what I've played on my ps4. Oh and I personally enjoy the goofy humour in it. Maybe no everyone cup of tea but I love it. Have a look guys it's free guys so nothing to loose.
    On this. I think games nowadays are far too lax and hold your hand too much. The thing about games is that they should have proper gamer progression (best example of this is Deus Ex:HR) where the more you play and the better you get the more things you unlock to make the game easier (even though the levels and enemies increase in difficulty). I hate games that hand-hold too much (Hence why Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time). Sunset Overdrive is the perfect blend of gamer progression and humour IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sunset Overdrive is up for downloading and playing now :)

Just go to promotional tab on dashboard, it will have S.O down as Gold Weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sunset Overdrive is up for downloading and playing now :)

Just go to promotional tab on dashboard, it will have S.O down as Gold Weekend

How long can we keep it?

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    On this. I think games nowadays are far too lax and hold your hand too much. The thing about games is that they should have proper gamer progression (best example of this is Deus Ex:HR) where the more you play and the better you get the more things you unlock to make the game easier (even though the levels and enemies increase in difficulty). I hate games that hand-hold too much (Hence why Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time). Sunset Overdrive is the perfect blend of gamer progression and humour IMHO.

I completely agree but I would like to add I don't judge modern aaa games for their lack of difficulty. In my opinion the constraints of older generations of games(and I can only speak from as far back as megadrive/ snes times) ment gameplay took priority over story. Difficulty provided longevity in games due to you having to learn how best to overcome a boss. Much of this is evedent in how quickly a speed run of many of these golden generation games can be completed. Now it's about the experience you can have in the 6 to 15 hour single player story. I use the last of us as an example of a game that on normal difficulty didn't overly challenge me but as a narrative wowed me and sits in my top five games of all time. Personally I think indie is where the difficult learning curve is now at with guacamele for me being a timelss example of perfect platforming. I definitely think we now have a time when gameing has something for everyone but unfortunately for those of us who truly love games we can nolonger play everything so all we can do is try and play what we can and unfortunately miss the rest.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How long can we keep it?

It said 24 hours but that says gold weekend so dunno, between 24 - 48 hours. You unlock achievements and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It said 24 hours but that says gold weekend so dunno, between 24 - 48 hours. You unlock achievements and all.

Have it in the queue now so will give it a shot tomorow. Got a feeling it wont be my cup of tea

I completely agree but I would like to add I don't judge modern aaa games for their lack of difficulty. In my opinion the constraints of older generations of games(and I can only speak from as far back as megadrive/ snes times) ment gameplay took priority over story. Difficulty provided longevity in games due to you having to learn how best to overcome a boss. Much of this is evedent in how quickly a speed run of many of these golden generation games can be completed. Now it's about the experience you can have in the 6 to 15 hour single player story. I use the last of us as an example of a game that on normal difficulty didn't overly challenge me but as a narrative wowed me and sits in my top five games of all time. Personally I think indie is where the difficult learning curve is now at with guacamele for me being a timelss example of perfect platforming. I definitely think we now have a time when gameing has something for everyone but unfortunately for those of us who truly love games we can nolonger play everything so all we can do is try and play what we can and unfortunately miss the rest.
    Don't get me wrong, neither am I. Like Halo 4 is in my top 10 games because of the amazing story it told (rare do you see a game go outside the comfort zone of a love story between two humans) and I don't mind games holding my hand (as long as a. it's a good game and b. Reviews don't over-exaggerate how good the game is-unless I've already planned to buy it-COD:Advanced Warfare was on my not to buy list, heard good things about it, played it-hated it) but I love games that have very good player progression (again, Deus Ex:HR is in my top 5 because of this)

Don't get me wrong, neither am I. Like Halo 4 is in my top 10 games because of the amazing story it told (rare do you see a game go outside the comfort zone of a love story between two humans) and I don't mind games holding my hand (as long as a. it's a good game and b. Reviews don't over-exaggerate how good the game is-unless I've already planned to buy it-COD:Advanced Warfare was on my not to buy list, heard good things about it, played it-hated it) but I love games that have very good player progression (again, Deus Ex:HR is in my top 5 because of this)

No I haven't got you wrong quite the opposite I agree with all of your points and think we both see eye to eye on most of this I just wanted to flesh out my opinions of the current gameing climate. I also enjoyed Deus Ex.Hr although I wish the end was more devicive. I have to say as a long time fan of cod after ghosts I was ready to give up but aw is a much better entry into the franchise. Still I think it has run its course. But at the end of the day as long as it's making money we won't see a departure from the norm. Although flawed in many ways I think destiny is a marker for the future of fps games. An integrated social experience where above all teamwork is prized. It's fresh for console games and I for one hope to see more in the years to come but hopefully more polished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

just got a message

thanks for being an xbox one early adopter, to celebrate year one we are giving you LIMBO when its realeased.
    stay tuned, your free code will arrive here

wtf is limbo ?

just seen a preview, looks creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

wtf is limbo ?

a fantastic little game

just got a message

thanks for being an xbox one early adopter, to celebrate year one we are giving you LIMBO when its realeased.
    stay tuned, your free code will arrive here

wtf is limbo ?

I got it too. Looking forward to playing it as kind of always wanted to play it on 360 :D

Limbo is a great game. Great puzzle game with some absolute great atmosphere and some great silent story-telling. It's fantastic. I'm so looking forward to Inside which is the sequal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Sunset over drive will be free to play today for 24 hours, the full game! Nice one ms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Anyone want a code for limbo? I already have it on 360 and PC

Is it for the One?

• Advertisement

Is it for the One?
    Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll take it if you still have it ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'll take it if you still have it ?

Sent it to you there. Great game but I have it played to death

Sent it to you there. Great game but I have it played to death
    Yeah, it's one of those games you can only play once or twice. Inside looks to have a lot more stealth focused gameplay. I hope they don't forget what made Limbo so great (the puzzle aspects as well as the very dark atmosphere)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just got Limbo too! Nice touch from Microsoft!!! Dammit I've far too many games ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Free Limbo is good. Never finished it on the 360, must do that.

After reading this review I picked up Never Alone at the weekend.

It's a pretty beautiful little platformer based on a native Alaskan folklore story, with some interesting gameplay and puzzles. It is pretty short (completed it in one evening) but after watching the documentary, which you unlock as you play through the chapters, I'd recommend it! $13 at the mo, worth it IMO but will probably be on sale at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Free Limbo is good. Never finished it on the 360, must do that.

After reading this review I picked up Never Alone at the weekend.

It's a pretty beautiful little platformer based on a native Alaskan folklore story, with some interesting gameplay and puzzles. It is pretty short (completed it in one evening) but after watching the documentary, which you unlock as you play through the chapters, I'd recommend it! $13 at the mo, worth it IMO but will probably be on sale at some stage.

It's actually 10% off for gold members at the minute I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just got Limbo too! Nice touch from Microsoft!!! Dammit I've far too many games ha!!

Surely, a year in, Microsoft is regretting the 500GB limit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

miralize wrote: »

Nope. Not for the amount of people who will buy the 1TB special editions.

*Double Kill* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

miralize wrote: »

Doesn't bother me so much when you can just plug in a 3TB external drive and have it work perfectly.

Advertisement