Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

Any games out there for Xbox one similar to Uncharted.Few puzzles to solve and shoot ups etc...Newish to this gaming but played a bit of Uncharted 3 on PS3 and was ok..Will be getting XBox at Xmas..Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Been hearing very good things about COD AW, even from people who were tired of the same crap every year. but i'm afraid i'm getting swept up in the hype like i do every year ha

Same here but I'm seeing nothing but good things about AW, watched some footage of it too and it looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

COD AW is a great campaign game, far better than Ghosts IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

patq16 wrote: »
    Any games out there for Xbox one similar to Uncharted.Few puzzles to solve and shoot ups etc...Newish to this gaming but played a bit of Uncharted 3 on PS3 and was ok..Will be getting XBox at Xmas..Cheers

What about Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. If you liked Uncharted, you'll like this! I enjoyed it from start to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ok I'm debating call of duty or sunset overdrive as my next purchase,what's the general opinion on both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Ok I'm debating call of duty or sunset overdrive as my next purchase,what's the general opinion on both?

Sunset Overdrive is cool. I know this because the game told me so, repeatedly. Played about 30 mins of it, won't play again.

New COD is good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sunset Overdrive is brilliant, great fun. Not a particularly long game though, although there's plenty of challenges and stuff to do if you like that sort of thing. I haven't played CoD yet but word is it's the best one in years. Depends what you're after really, a competitive shooter or a fun single player experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have both and they are both excellent games. The campaign in Cod is fantastic and the multiplayer is great too when there is no lag. Sunset Overdrive is such a different game, I am having a lot of fun playing this and I still haven't touched chaos mode which is 8 player co-op.

They are both good games IMO but it depends on what u r into, if it is FPS, then Cod is definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

yup. as tony said, theyre both excellent. cod has been freshened up no end. but sunset overdrive is a breath of fresh air that anyone with an xbox one should try. my game of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cotts72 wrote: »

Shadow of Mordor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got to play the new @RareLtd game today. Rare building a uniquely Rare game, as it should be. Great visit to the studio.

I'm listening....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Halo: Master Chief Collection is the biggest drug for me right now. I'm still getting GTA V next week but I'm probably not even going to turn it on for playing this too much. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Halo: Master Chief Collection is the biggest drug for me right now. I'm still getting GTA V next week but I'm probably not even going to turn it on for playing this too much. Love it!
    Loving the dedicated servers, just so seamless to get into a match! Also, the graphics in Halo 2 are absolutely fantastic!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Loving the dedicated servers, just so seamless to get into a match! Also, the graphics in Halo 2 are absolutely fantastic!
    I assume you meant to put a smiley in there.

I don't doubt it will be great - just right now it's completely borked.

Dades wrote: »
    I assume you meant to put a smiley in there.

I don't doubt it will be great - just right now it's completely borked.
    Yup, thought I had it in there. 343 have said they are on it though (server-side updates and fixes) and I trust them to sort it. It needs to be sorted for the Guardians Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'm listening....

Rumour has it it's Perfect Dark

ems_medic wrote: »
    Rumour has it it's Perfect Dark

Conker ftw. :)

I wonder does anyone really care about rare any more, they haven't really been relevant in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I had GTA V for the 360 but only got through half of the story so I'm thinking of picking it up again for the One. With regards achievements, do they carry over or does the One have a separate new set to collect?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I had GTA V for the 360 but only got through half of the story so I'm thinking of picking it up again for the One. With regards achievements, do they carry over or does the One have a separate new set to collect?

Thats an interesting one. I'm imagining the game will show up twice in the achievements app, so you'll have to unlock them all again. I know that your online character carries over, but your single player saves do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Thats a both a good and bad thing, bad that it will take a while, but good that I cant wait :) Roll on Heists ;>

• Advertisement

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Thats a both a good and bad thing, bad that it will take a while, but good that I cant wait :) Roll on Heists ;>

I think they've mentioned recently that heists are close to being ready to go. wouldnt surprise me if rockstar announced that heists were available immediately after the next gen versions drop. If its one thing R* are good at, its keeping secrets.

I'm half dreading its arrival, so many games, so little time. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think they've mentioned recently that heists are close to being ready to go. wouldnt surprise me if rockstar announced that heists were available immediately after the next gen versions drop. If its one thing R* are good at, its keeping secrets.

I'm half dreading its arrival, so many games, so little time. :P

Heists: only 12 months after you expected them.
    (maybe R* marketing can put a better spin on it :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I take another $1,000,000 tyvm :)

The thing about rockstar and to an extent Blizzard is that each release genuinely feels special, and you can tell that a lot of care has been put into the product. absence make the heart go fonder, and its getting harder to muster the same excitement for the new assassins creed 7 , call of duty 10, fifa 15 or any other annual franchise.

people cut them a lot of slack, because the base product is so good. if it was a buggy half finished mess, the attitude would be significantly different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SierraSierra 247

shuffles03 wrote: »

The achievements you have earned for the Xbox 360 version will show up on your gamer card and remain there but as two separate versions of the same game.

You will need to collect them again for the Xbox One version of the game.

Same goes for any other game with both an Xbox 360 version and an Xbox One version.
    GTA V has the same set of achievements over both consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goonso

Started playing Dead Space 3 on the Xbox 360 the other night,not played my Xbox properly in years!!but was amazed by this game straight away!

Thing is the game I had was a rental from xtravision so has been returned but I think I'll def have to pick up one of the series,is there any one of the 3 which stands out over the others?

goonso wrote: »
    Started playing Dead Space 3 on the Xbox 360 the other night,not played my Xbox properly in years!!but was amazed by this game straight away!

Thing is the game I had was a rental from xtravision so has been returned but I think I'll def have to pick up one of the series,is there any one of the 3 which stands out over the others?
    It really depends. Dead Space 3 is far more of a shooter than the other. two. However, if you loved the horror elements and the atmosphere it's definitely a series to pick up. Dead Space 2 is my personal favourite but me and my mates are pretty much split 50/50 between 1 and 2. Go to CeX and see if you can find one and two (shouldn't be more than a tenner each) and if you want to sleep don't play it past 11 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goonso

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    and if you want to sleep don't play it past 11 :)

Ha Ha,very true!
    Just had a look there on CeX,the first is only a fiver,the second is €7,cant beat that!

goonso wrote: »
    Ha Ha,very true!
    Just had a look there on CeX,the first is only a fiver,the second is €7,cant beat that!
    I love CeX, you can find some real gems in there for cheap. But yeah, pick them up and then come back when you've played them, tell me which is your favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

When did that Pure Pool game get on the Xbox One store!? I know it says October 2nd on it but I never heard anything about it and only seen it now. Looks alright, I like a decent pool game like that. Anyone here tried it?

Advertisement